Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 3rd July 2008, 15:44   #21
VTS_86
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk2
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
VTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the rough

Could drill a hold near the top of the door card and flush mount them in. I've also seen them on the dash or if you can't be bothered do a tweeter build on the mirror plates.
VTS_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:45   #22
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Heres my JBL 507C's! They come with little pods which allow you to rotate the tweeter, which is awesome tbh!

All you need to do is drill a 50mm(ish) hole and sandwhich the door card between the pod!

Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:46   #23
VTS_86
Established Member

VTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the rough

Thats the job.
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:49   #24
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

Car(s): audi a3
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
saxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the rough

well defo be buying these as you said. hope these will be louder then anybosies 6x9's and be dangerously loud! and i may buy that amp as well.. so basically its the wire from the amp joining onto the same point as where the speaker + and - joins to right.

also what about the tweeters /to they go into the same channel for each speaker?

cross overs are soo confusing! hoep teres no settings on them.

so its amp > crossover > door> speakers + tweeters .

also if i buy this amp and speakers will need you to tell me what settings to put the amp at. should be easy actaully. turn it up louduntil i think it distorts lol
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:51   #25
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Wait till you get the comps and the wiring will all be revealed!

Input to crossover from amp

Output, from C.O to tweeter

Output, from C.O to woofer.

Simple!

Setting them up is done like this....

H.U to 75% volume, turn the gain up slowly until they begin to distort at high volume. When they distort turn the gain back a tiny bit and you're about there mate. But when using them, do not let them play if they are distorting! Turn them down!!
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:56   #26
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

saxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the rough

we'll see when i get them. cheers for the input both off you. picking up the sub and amp 2moro. then will look at a ported box for it. then after that . i wil buy the comps and teh battery that will all be around 250ish. probably a bit more as i want it wired up all properly so maybe a bit more. then when its in ill be bass lord lol , hope it all turns out well. im gonn apost inthis thread if i need any help about the subs etc/ reppin u 2 now as well.
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:57   #27
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

both repped
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:59   #28
VTS_86
Established Member

Thanks for the rep. Don't suppose your gonna post a pic when it's fitted. Just curious to see what it will be like.
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:03   #29
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

pic of the subs amp or the comps? ill have pics of both. and a video of the damage!!

forgot to ask will i need a power cap?
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:07   #30
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo_bigbass View Post
pic of the subs amp or the comps? ill have pics of both. and a video of the damage!!

forgot to ask will i need a power cap?
No, you definitely wont need a power cap! Lol
Old 4th July 2008, 01:33   #31
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

goood ! lol. dont wnna mess my head up with them.

didnt realize the jbl crossovers came with the tweeter pod. cheers for the help again guys. picking the items up 2moro. will post pics of the DEMON GOODS 2moro when ive got them. at the moment i have =

1. 0 guage ground,live( have a small remote wire.will i need to get a bigger one?).
2. alpine headunit.

you know anywhere where they make good boxes for cheap. i though there was a memeber on here tht did?
Old 4th July 2008, 07:57   #32
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
goood ! lol. dont wnna mess my head up with them.

didnt realize the jbl crossovers came with the tweeter pod. cheers for the help again guys. picking the items up 2moro. will post pics of the DEMON GOODS 2moro when ive got them. at the moment i have =

1. 0 guage ground,live( have a small remote wire.will i need to get a bigger one?).
2. alpine headunit.

you know anywhere where they make good boxes for cheap. i though there was a memeber on here tht did?
The small remote wire will be fine mate! It doesnt carry any real current tbh.

Ring this number and say, make me a box!
01902 45 80 10
They are very good, and wont charge you the earth, but will deisgn the box around your sub!

Not expensive either! About £50-60 for a bigun like you will need.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:17   #33
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

COOL thanks. gonna look around as well for a box build. is that including delivery?

ive got the stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

took me a nd my mum to take it out of the box! lol

gonn aupload pics in a minute. this sub is fcukin dangerous :O
Old 4th July 2008, 13:23   #34
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

also found the fli 100x2 rms amp on ebay for 40ish pound delivered. bargain.hope it is actaully good quality

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fli-400w-2-Cha...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 4th July 2008, 13:57   #35
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
also found the fli 100x2 rms amp on ebay for 40ish pound delivered. bargain.hope it is actaully good quality

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fli-400w-2-Cha...d=p3286.c0.m14
That amp is a bargain mate, and the build quality isnt bad either! The fli gear wins tests left right and centre and is always recommend when on a budget!

I had a monoblock fli amp and i liked it!

Lets see the sub then! Come on!
Old 4th July 2008, 14:39   #36
VTS_86
Established Member

Cool. I bet that sub is a monster.
Old 4th July 2008, 22:43   #37
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

heres the demon intruder!!!!! need it installed lol all i can say is its gonna fcukin tump! lol

Old 5th July 2008, 15:36   #38
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Holy Mother Of God!!

Is that a 12" or a 15"?

You need to get your box built mate!!

I did mine today!

2.5cuft tuned nice and low @ 28hz!

Last edited by Coonper; 5th July 2008 at 15:58.
Old 5th July 2008, 19:39   #39
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

are those 6x9s coonper!?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 20:22   #40
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

oh and cant wait to here this

coonper come to "bradford" and have a listen lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote