Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 9th July 2008, 13:23   #41
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Get a pic up and put it next to a penny or something.

In fact, the whole thing should be about the same diameter as a penny, inc insulation.
dont look that thick lol.. maybe it is 8awg.. hmm

ill get on to cad at some point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 13:26   #42
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

rca's look pretty weak too tbh

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...wg-p-5576.html

thats the kit
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 9th July 2008, 13:29   #43
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Theres only 16awg speaker cable too... No good for 1kw tbh.

Send the fooker back! Lol
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 13:33   #44
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Theres only 16awg speaker cable too... No good for 1kw tbh.

Send the fooker back! Lol
agreed.. was planning to buy a meter of 10awg speaker wire anyways.. its only like £3 from most places
Quote:
Old 9th July 2008, 13:36   #45
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

is awg the gauge ?
DJDannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 13:37   #46
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

yeah!.
Quote:
Old 9th July 2008, 13:39   #47
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyPrigmore View Post
agreed.. was planning to buy a meter of 10awg speaker wire anyways.. its only like £3 from most places
10 gauge is probably overkill tbh mate. Lol

Some good quality OFC 12 gauge is about right for subs. You have to remember, the cable isnt carrying a current, so it wont get hot, or put under any real stress.

Ive got TONS of 4 gauge! but none of the lengths are any longer than about 1 metre. But if you ever need any shortish lengths of 4 gauge look no further! I have about 50 half metre lengths of the stuff! A binbag full of it! Lol
Old 9th July 2008, 13:39   #48
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

looks like 4awg to me is the insulation thin cos i have 3 diffrent types of 4awg in my car the wire is the same just different thickness of insulation so some look thicker than others
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 13:41   #49
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

lol nice one coonper.. if the build goes ahead with two spl subs.. will probly have 0awg running to the boot, then dizzy block for couple 4awg lengths to each sub
Quote:
Old 9th July 2008, 13:41   #50
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
looks like 4awg to me is the insulation thin cos i have 3 diffrent types of 4awg in my car the wire is the same just different thickness of insulation so some look thicker than others
good point.. havnt looked too much, but insulation looks thin on it
Quote:
Old 9th July 2008, 13:41   #51
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
10 gauge is probably overkill tbh mate. Lol

Some good quality OFC 12 gauge is about right for subs. You have to remember, the cable isnt carrying a current, so it wont get hot, or put under any real stress.

Ive got TONS of 4 gauge! but none of the lengths are any longer than about 1 metre. But if you ever need any shortish lengths of 4 gauge look no further! I have about 50 half metre lengths of the stuff! A binbag full of it! Lol
i paid a tenner yestoday for 2 metters of 4gauge to finish of the big 3
Old 9th July 2008, 13:43   #52
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyPrigmore View Post
lol nice one coonper.. if the build goes ahead with two spl subs.. will probly have 0awg running to the boot, then dizzy block for couple 4awg lengths to each sub
What i did was have a run of 0 awg from the battery to the boot, into a fused dizzy block, then 4 awg out to my jbl amp, and 8 gauge to my 4 channel amp and 4 gauge earth from each amp. With 12 gauge speaker cable to all my speakers throughout the whole car, inc subs. I used stinger RCA's too.
Old 9th July 2008, 13:49   #53
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

whats a dizzy block. sorry for interupting.
Old 9th July 2008, 13:52   #54
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

distribution block.. has inputs and outputs

basically.. 1 wire in. 2 wires out

just splits the current from 1 wire into several
Quote:
Old 9th July 2008, 13:54   #55
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDannyB View Post
whats a dizzy block. sorry for interupting.
one of these best to get a fused one as its safer

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...on-p-5573.html
Old 9th July 2008, 13:58   #56
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

ok cool thanks
Old 9th July 2008, 14:01   #57
-Donkei-
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
-Donkei- will become famous soon enough-Donkei- will become famous soon enough

i had the same problem 2 1 of my kicker subs got it resoldered at wrk. wrks as good as new still 2
-Donkei- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 14:06   #58
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

so if you have 2 amps, u use a dizzy block so that you dont have to run two cables from the front of the car to the back. another question, where do you connect the power to at the front of the car? surely you dont directly connect to the battery?
Old 9th July 2008, 14:08   #59
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDannyB View Post
so if you have 2 amps, u use a dizzy block so that you dont have to run two cables from the front of the car to the back. another question, where do you connect the power to at the front of the car? surely you dont directly connect to the battery?
wire from battery to boot into dizzy block.. 2 wires from dizzy block into each amp
Quote:
Old 9th July 2008, 14:08   #60
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
i paid a tenner yestoday for 2 metters of 4gauge to finish of the big 3
forgot to ask.. how hard is it changing the big 3?
Quote: