Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 1st April 2009, 18:16   #1
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Prelude VTi VTEC 2.2 G5, Black 52 VTR
James_Skylit is on a distinguished road
Default InPhase Subs?

Right well iv been offered 2 of these subs for £90

Barely used.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...12_p-20168.htm

Which looks like a complete bargain, im also getting a 1200W 4 channel amp soon which should power them fine when bridged?

I always said i wouldnt bother with a sub, but hey if i do get these should i just get a double 12in box sealed?

Cheers
James_Skylit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 18:27   #2
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

subs arent good SQ, and ive set two up PROPERLY and theyve still manageed to blow

youd need a custom box, which would take up 90% of your boot if not more

also, the 1200w amp, ill assume thats peak power, so youll be lucky to see a combined output of more than 800wrms!

if youve got your heart set on them, go for it. even for £90 i personally wouldnt bother after the experience ive had with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 18:34   #3
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Would you say it was better just to buy 1 sub then? As i do want a lil boot space to store odds and sods? So those in phase subs arnt very good? What sort of sub would you reccomend then?

I could get this juice 4channel 1200W amp for 75 posted, surely thats a bargain? BUT if i dont get 2 subs, not much point in getting a 4 channel ampl as i was planning to bridge, ahh im confused lol.
Old 1st April 2009, 18:48   #4
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Skylit View Post
Would you say it was better just to buy 1 sub then? As i do want a lil boot space to store odds and sods? So those in phase subs arnt very good? What sort of sub would you reccomend then?

I could get this juice 4channel 1200W amp for 75 posted, surely thats a bargain? BUT if i dont get 2 subs, not much point in getting a 4 channel ampl as i was planning to bridge, ahh im confused lol.
id rather die than own a juice amp

for 2 subs you want a mono

whats your budget? ill reccomend something decent
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 1st April 2009, 18:53   #5
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Are they really that bad, i guess i was attracted as it was brand new and £150 normally on the web

Vibe slick subs look good, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIBE-SLICK-12-SUB-BASS-BOX-AMP-WIRES-PACKAGE-PACK-1_W0QQitemZ230334287259QQihZ013QQcategoryZ18805QQt cZphotoQQcmdZViewI
temQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262?_trksid=p1713.m153.l 1262

Well my budget is around the £200 mark.. But ebaying bargains gets the prices down.

Dunno if i can get pretty good amp and sub + wiring for £200ish? But ill let you work your magic
Old 1st April 2009, 18:54   #6
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

id spend nearer £300 tbh, can get some very good equiptment, check the link in my sig, few good ideas in there (a guide to budget audio)
Quote:
Old 1st April 2009, 19:05   #7
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Yeah i thought that, one of my mates mate spent like 2-3k and oh my god its so loud. Its actually stupid lol. I might just hold out, but im not really going after super bass like, just want a bit of punch to music, as i dont generally listen to music that loud.

So would that vibe set be okay for my needs? Eventually ill get something better but for the meanwhile..

EDIT: Yeah iv just read through your guide (Y)
Old 1st April 2009, 19:08   #8
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Yeah i thought that, one of my mates mate spent like 2-3k and oh my god its so loud. Its actually stupid lol. I might just hold out, but im not really going after super bass like, just want a bit of punch to music, as i dont generally listen to music that loud.

So would that vibe set be okay for my needs? Eventually ill get something better but for the meanwhile..

EDIT: Yeah iv just read through your guide (Y)
why get something if you plan to replace it? waste of cash tbh

if you want something that bad, id go for:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/1233.html

speak to reevsey on here, he can get it for you cheaper
Quote:
Old 1st April 2009, 19:16   #9
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Yeah but im not earning as much as id like atm, as im still in college so want something till i get a better job later this year.

You also reccomended this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/6707.html looks weird haha,

Oo sounds good, how much can reevsy get it for?
Old 1st April 2009, 19:18   #10
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Yeah but im not earning as much as id like atm, as im still in college so want something till i get a better job later this year.

You also reccomended this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/6707.html looks weird haha,

Oo sounds good, how much can reevsy get it for?
not sure what his prices are, but he has a supplier of nearly every audio product out there on the general market

id have that package if i wanted to run a set of comps off the amp too, as its 4 channel

the other package was just for a 2 channel, so bridged just to run a sub
Quote:
Old 1st April 2009, 19:31   #11
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

That 2 channel one looks pretty good value when you look at the prices seperately!

Ill get onto reevsy when i get home, but yeah cheers for advising me against the stuff i was just about to buy haha, would of been very disapointed by the sounds of it! Its my birthday in 2 weeks so i might be able to spend around £500 on audio for the rear, as the front of my car is alll good atm

Might hold out for my bday, if so should i get the stuff you reccomend in your guide at around £300?

Again, cheers for your help.