Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 21st January 2014, 21:05   #1
charles_vtr
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Sally the Saxo (VTR)
charles_vtr is on a distinguished road
Default Fob doesnt work

Hi guys, my central locking fob hasnt worked for a while now and I think its the battery clips that have snapped and no longer holding the battery down. Anyway is there a way of programming a new fob or is it a citroen dealer job because its fucking annoying using the key to open and lock the car aha.
Cheers

Silver VTR progress:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=458135
charles_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 22:18   #2
GrumGTI
L-plater

Car(s): Icelandic Saxo VTR 2003 mk2
GrumGTI is on a distinguished road

you can grab a fob case replacment on ebay for £3, if your microswitches are ok on the fob circuit board its easy enough to do, it all jus pops out and clips back in, i did mine a few weeks ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1710613387...84.m1439.l2649

my fob now works a treat, also, if you replace the battery you might have to unlock it and lock it a few times for the fob to work then it will work normally after that.
GrumGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 22:20   #3
Jigs2895
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 1997 Mk1 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jigs2895 is on a distinguished road

You can ether have a go at buying a new housing for it on eBay and see if that fixes your issue. (You will need to swap over the circuit board inside the housing)...

Or the better option is probably to fit a Hawk kit, most people on here have fitted them (including me). There is a guide on here for wiring it up, it's pretty easy.

It's £19.99 with free delivery, and the added bonus of your indicators flashing on lock/unlock.
Jigs2895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 22:46   #4
charles_vtr
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Sally the Saxo (VTR)
charles_vtr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumGTI View Post
you can grab a fob case replacment on ebay for £3, if your microswitches are ok on the fob circuit board its easy enough to do, it all jus pops out and clips back in, i did mine a few weeks ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1710613387...84.m1439.l2649

my fob now works a treat, also, if you replace the battery you might have to unlock it and lock it a few times for the fob to work then it will work normally after that.
I replaced the battery about 2 months ago and no luck, thanks for the link might do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs2895 View Post
You can ether have a go at buying a new housing for it on eBay and see if that fixes your issue. (You will need to swap over the circuit board inside the housing)...

Or the better option is probably to fit a Hawk kit, most people on here have fitted them (including me). There is a guide on here for wiring it up, it's pretty easy.

It's £19.99 with free delivery, and the added bonus of your indicators flashing on lock/unlock.
...or might have to go with a hawk kit, and yes I want my indicators to flash aha like ive said before. It does add a little extra security/peace of mind.

Thanks both of you though!

Silver VTR progress:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=458135
charles_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote