Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 28th February 2007, 20:16   #21
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggsy View Post
Its not Ben it was on my old vtr!

I now have a vts dont i its wired to the small fuse box....
Yeah i get what you mean mate, but i dont think you should leave it like that. I wouldnt want it drawin power from the fuse box meself and ive heard audio junkies say its a crazy thing to do. As its a mk2 have you got the gay battery with the non screw top terminals?
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 20:19   #22
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Mk2 Saxo Vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
riggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team member

yes i have....
Old 28th February 2007, 20:23   #23
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!

TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

What i did is drill a hole through the main power supply, through the little metal attachment on the end just before the clamp, and bolt the power cable into it securely.
If your happy with it in the fuse box fair enough but it just sounds dodgy to me.
Old 28th February 2007, 20:25   #24
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

riggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team member

Yeah thats what i did on my vtr mate

Ermm well it just came like it and seems to sound great so? Its also fused so thats good right?
Old 28th February 2007, 20:34   #25
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!

Yea but you could attach it to any power source around that area and it would sound good, doesnt mean its safe I just wouldnt wanna draw any extra power through the fuse cicuits. Aslong as theres an inline fuse there wont be any big damage i spose. Ill just see what Scott ect says, im prob bein ott but wiring stuff into the fusebox seems iffy to me.

And it might keep turning off if the amp and sub arent really matched in power? just another idea, doesnt matter as youve got your stuff anyway
Old 1st March 2007, 01:45   #26
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

using the fuse box is ok if your not using a high power system so its ok to put a 8 awg amp power cable to it as there is a 8 awg coming from the battery to the fuse box but if you hade a high power system and was using 0 awg then it most proberly be very bad
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 01:51   #27
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Its only a 10" sub with alpine amp
Old 1st March 2007, 09:20   #28
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
using the fuse box is ok if your not using a high power system so its ok to put a 8 awg amp power cable to it as there is a 8 awg coming from the battery to the fuse box but if you hade a high power system and was using 0 awg then it most proberly be very bad
A thicker cable doesnt mean you have a more powerful system.
Its all about the current it draws.

You can run 0guage to a piddly 200watt 8" sub. Doesnt mean it will run any louder or harde than say a 4 or 6 guage that it can handle.

Modifying your car and electrics can mix. Simply use an Auxilary Fuse box for extra equipment such as neons, Leds, Alarms, Starter Buttons etc.

An ICE install should have its own feed.
This feed should then go to a sealed inline fuse then into the grommet to the car.
Then, this should go into a distribution block if you are powering more than one amp.

Fusebox VS Direct

Solved.

Direct all the way

Last edited by djrem; 1st March 2007 at 09:26.
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 12:12   #29
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

1 by when i ment if you use 0 awg is if your running alot of power thru it lets say about 300 amps you cant put it thru the fuse box due to all the power that will be needed and the cars standerd 8 awg would handle it

2 i agree(sp) Direct is better but i no some people on here do use the fuse box so if you not using any more than 60amps 400rms'ish (dont quote me on this one as not to sure on the numbers) i dont see a problem as the cars 8 awg will be ok with that

3 i aint talking about using the fuse box fuses im on about using it power of corse you would still need an inline fuse
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 15:50   #30
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

WTF easy lads my thread remember lol

Anyway i have found where its earth, its under the boot carpet, a hole has been drilled into the boot floor, the earth coming from the sub and the earth coming from the amp are both help down in this hole by a screw, so its fine right?

Why are my amp and sub not working then?
Old 1st March 2007, 15:54   #31
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): '72 Bug
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!

i take it all fuses are good? I had the problem that my power wire had been slit by something and kept touching the bodywork and blowing fuse in power wire and in the amp! Other than tracing all cables to make sure they ok, and checking fuses mate, ive not got any more ideas! sorry bud. oh and yea that earth point should be good as long as the metal is touching good.
yerdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 15:57   #32
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

the fuse in the amp and the sub are both fine

If its done this before but come back on (like it did) it has to be a dodgey connection some where doesnt it!

I followed the power cables from the back of the car to the front, there is two of them both red and they both lead to the small fuse box?
Old 1st March 2007, 15:57   #33
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggsy View Post
WTF easy lads my thread remember lol

Anyway i have found where its earth, its under the boot carpet, a hole has been drilled into the boot floor, the earth coming from the sub and the earth coming from the amp are both help down in this hole by a screw, so its fine right?

Why are my amp and sub not working then?
Metal to metal.

make sure your p-remote is working. Your sub may be fine but simple ot being told to power on by the Head Unit
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 15:58   #34
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

I dont understand you mate ^
Old 1st March 2007, 15:59   #35
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!

ahh yea, the remote connection to HU could b a little loose maybe
Old 1st March 2007, 16:00   #36
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

i think he means, make sure u scrape paint away from where the earth connects into the bodywwork
Old 1st March 2007, 16:01   #37
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Whats the remote connection? the lead that comes from the amp? Realy thin one?
Old 1st March 2007, 16:03   #38
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

yea normally blue mate, goes to HU and turns amp etc on when HU comes on
Old 1st March 2007, 16:05   #39
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Ahh yeah i know the one i checked that and its fine.

That earthing point, hmmm maybe if i scraped some paint off then.
Old 1st March 2007, 16:07   #40
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

yea, i had to scrape loads of paint off under the seat to get a good earth connection