Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 21st March 2007, 16:35   #41
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

bin it is my sujestion

other then that cant help

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 16:37   #42
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

yep its true the bin is nearing, ill just have the button on show for now lol, could always use it for something else i suppose lol or could take it to an auto electrician

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 16:43   #43
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

yeah could do mate i supose

would your alarm be causing the problem

my for sale ad
Old 21st March 2007, 16:48   #44
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

well i turns over but just keeps turning over so im thinking i might have the pemanent live on the starter, think ill get the multimemter out and see if it is the permanet bloody live lol, i did follow the max poor manual so might be that

Old 21st March 2007, 16:52   #45
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

yeah sounds like its making the starter stick

my for sale ad
Old 21st March 2007, 16:56   #46
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

i found these pics not sure if they will help you buddy but thought i would post them anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.

Last edited by Jungle_Jim; 21st March 2007 at 17:02. Reason: wrong second pic - sorry
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 17:17   #47
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

cheers jim but still cant work it out of that lol

Old 21st March 2007, 17:38   #48
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

see if this helps abit buddy

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1188609

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 17:46   #49
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

had a look but looks totally different to mine, well the starter button is, i only have 2 terminals on there, on that diagram it has 4 and is saying to earth on of the pins on the realy, ill wait for reevsey to have a look

Old 21st March 2007, 19:11   #50
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

put pin 85 to an ingnition supply and the wire from the switch to 86 so when the button is pushed and the ignitino is on the relay should click.
now put the wire from the starter to pin 30 and the little fly lead that come from pin 85 put to pin 87. when you push the button that makes the relay work then whatever is on pin 30 will go down in 87.
Old 21st March 2007, 21:18   #51
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

can you say if this is righ reevsey mate???

Old 22nd March 2007, 16:35   #52
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

that looks right.

Have you not got the instructions from richbrook still?

I used them to plug it all in.

MAke sure your relay is mounted with the cables coming in from the bottom.

A poorly mounted relay (on its side or loosly fitted) will make contact when not needed.
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 16:40   #53
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yeah i still have the instructions but they say to plug it into the actual motor itself, it would be much easier to just put them to the wires under the wheel

just need somebody to get pictures of were they have wires for starter and ignition and to confirm the relay is correct

Old 22nd March 2007, 16:46   #54
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

well the picture i edited for you is the correct way.

How have you mounted the relay?
it could be that gravity is holding it against itsself when youve pressed the switch.

It needs to be vertical.
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 16:56   #55
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yeah mate i cut that blue wire that is the starter right???

Old 29th July 2013, 12:17   #56
jack-pat

Car(s): citroen saxo 1.1 desire 2000
jack-pat is on a distinguished road

Sorry guys i know this is an old thread but i have the exact same problem and ive tried everything!! its like the button is stuck on so the started just keeps going even after the engine has started, any advice??
jack-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 11:03   #57
mechsman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.4i SX 3dr, 106 (engine swap under way), p
mechsman is on a distinguished road

3 pages to wire a push start?!?!? Seriously? I wired a push button start on my old 106 with no diagram and it works off the key or the button.

I should clarify a little, and say that you do have to put the key in and turn it the first 2 clicks to unlock the steering and provide power to the car etc. All the push button is doing is bridging the 2 wires that the ignition barrel does when you twist the key to the 3 position.

I also wired an "arm" toggle switch with snap down cover (drop the cover and the switch goes off) into the starter circuit as well, so people with itchy fingers can't crank the starter (without arming it first) whilst the engine is running. If I'm in a rush I can just use the key like normal.

It would be easy enough to convert the whole lot to keyless operation with a couple more toggle switches, or have it so that you could push the button once to turn the ignition on, and then push again to crank the engine. I actually did a diagram for the latter setup, it just involves a few (6) relays or a couple more if you want to replicate the 2 key clicks and third to crank.
mechsman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mechsman For This Useful Post:
Old 30th July 2013, 11:12   #58
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ congratulations, you solved a 6 year old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack-pat View Post
Sorry guys i know this is an old thread but i have the exact same problem and ive tried everything!! its like the button is stuck on so the started just keeps going even after the engine has started, any advice??
get a new button, or reverse back to regular ignition.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 11:28   #59
mechsman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.4i SX 3dr, 106 (engine swap under way), p
mechsman is on a distinguished road

Meh, ity popped up in the new activity bit, plus someone new was looking for help and actually used the search button it seems!
mechsman is offline   Reply With Quote