Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Closed Thread

Old 27th May 2007, 14:59   #1
Ben_Halco
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 03 1.1 (silver) saxo
Ben_Halco will become famous soon enough
Default best 6x9 speakers??

in your oppinion wats the best?
experience or knowledge?

and for price (have large"ish" budget?)
quality?
Old 27th May 2007, 15:04   #2
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

dont bother mate have a look in the stickies, it tells you why there no good

Old 27th May 2007, 15:04   #3
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Vibe SE69 525w if you have to mate but make sure that you also get a stealth shelf at the same time as the base is soo much better and your audio cant be seen , got them on both fiesta and my VTS and really recommend them , shouldnt break the bank either

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe-sek69-p-4822.html

Or try parkmyauto.co.uk as i got great deals on some audio for my fiesta from there, keep me posted mate
Old 27th May 2007, 15:07   #4
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

If you get 6x9s you'll prob move onto subs after so think about saving your notes on them and getting some good subs with decent boxes and amps instead
Old 27th May 2007, 16:58   #5
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Here we go again
Old 27th May 2007, 16:59   #6
Matt-VTR
L-plater

Car(s): MK2 VTR
Matt-VTR is on a distinguished road

Think they look tacky, why not upgrade your current setup? If they're standard, by some speakers to replace normal ones?
Old 27th May 2007, 18:11   #7
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Go for front and possibly rear comps or other rear speakers to replace the stock ones to fill the car with better sound, then think about more audio mate
Old 27th May 2007, 18:26   #8
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

i fitted some jbl 6x9s the other week and they sounded good. LINK..... If you wont 6x9s then go for it there are some people on here that will slate you for it but its down to you at the end of the day, its your car not theres.
be a shepherd not a sheep.
Old 27th May 2007, 18:35   #9
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Both of mine (pair on each car lol) sound the nuts so il be a shepherd and say do the comps then get a decent pair fella
Old 28th May 2007, 06:32   #10
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Its much better to uprate the front speakers then the rears. The human ear is designed to hear soudn from the front!
Old 28th May 2007, 10:41   #11
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

but you get no sense of staging with just front speakers.
Old 28th May 2007, 15:53   #12
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

A setup system gives a great sound stage with front speakers. I have an old sound off test disc and on my old sytem you could image the front of the car with a symbol being played in diffrent places in a room. Audio is recorded in Stereo thats got 2 channels not 4.

Go look in the mirror at you ears they (should be) cupped to the front. This is to absorb sound better from the front.

If oval speakers wre good why do recording studios not use them?

My advise to anyone who dont beleave this is to go to a sound off and losten to a good sounding car. It wont have any rear speakers at all!
Old 28th May 2007, 15:58   #13
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

have to agree ive had 6x9s in the past, i mean who hasnt, as soon as i heard components play i thought to myself wow, 6x9s imo have nothing on a good set of components amped up

Old 28th May 2007, 17:09   #14
vtsbabe
Regular Poster

Car(s): SAXO VTS W reg, gold
vtsbabe has a spectacular aura aboutvtsbabe has a spectacular aura aboutvtsbabe has a spectacular aura about

i have just got a new sound kit for my sax, inc a set of infinity 6x9, cost £100, sound mint!!
Old 28th May 2007, 17:35   #15
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtsbabe View Post
i have just got a new sound kit for my sax, inc a set of infinity 6x9, cost £100, sound mint!!
not as good as components trust me if you have them in for a few weeks then put some in the fronts and you will be amazed with the quality and crispness of them compared to 6x9s

Old 28th May 2007, 18:01   #16
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

i just put a couple of subs in, sound the biz
Old 28th May 2007, 18:07   #17
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
i just put a couple of subs in, sound the biz
slag

Old 28th May 2007, 18:19   #18
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Kenwood HQ 7x10's are all I'd buy for the rear from now on. I just ran 2 of these in my RS2000 4x4 off a 500 watt Alpine V12 amp and I didn't need a sub or fronts. End of the day get a good crisp system for home use as cars aren't condusive for great musical reproduction. (shite acoustics hindered further by engine/tyre/traffic noises) My beloved space saving 7x10's were under a quality stealth shelf too so the car audio looked nigh on standard. Not many full range speakers can vibrate the whole car either! Front speakers can't provide solid refined midbass which complements a sub and makes different bass lines distinguishable, many say you won't find an oval speaker in a recording studio, but will you find a speaker mounted in a car door in a recording studio, one that has metal, plastic and sometimes leather in it's constuction? No.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 28th May 2007 at 18:23.
Old 28th May 2007, 18:23   #19
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

The best setup ive ever had was amped componants in the front and no rear speakers, 1 12" sub and 800w amp. It was immense i loved it was crystal clear
I had 6x9's thou they are good for volume if your not getting anything else, they are abit poo.
Old 28th May 2007, 18:25   #20
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

dave was on about the shape of a speaker tbh,l you dont see an oval speaker at gigs or in recording studios, there round and imo thats the only shape that works well for speakers

Closed Thread