Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2007, 14:44   #41
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

I dont run a system anymore. I dont fcuk around with cars at all. It cost for too much money am a property developer in my spare time now. Heres my old system though.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45295
Old 29th May 2007, 14:46   #42
cal1892
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vts
cal1892 has a spectacular aura aboutcal1892 has a spectacular aura about

ive got vibe qbass rectangular 6x9's linked to an 800 watt amp with 2 audiobahn 12" subs running from the amp also and the sound is incredible. natural sound woofers are amazing
Old 29th May 2007, 14:47   #43
BENSAX3
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): under age
BENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant future

mass argument lock ban delete, the guy needs to make a new thread and people who want to answer his question can post this is just stupid
Old 29th May 2007, 14:48   #44
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard View Post
Its not about a competition install its about best sound per pound.

Do some simple research in to audio and you will doon work out the facts from the bullshit. Then do some reaserch in to the human ear and where it recives its optimum sound from.

Not taking the piss or anything but how much experance of both audio and car audio do the people here recomending 6x9s have?

I still want some one to find me a recording studio that uses oval speakers!
Or speakers mounted in a car door that fire at the legs. One of the speakers being blocked by potential passengers.

Cars aren't condusive to accurate musical reproduction so for me it's about volume and a quality accurate bass.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:49   #45
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Do ther magic test if you have subs and 6x9s!

Pull the speaker wires off the 6x9s
Turn you system up to a normal volume
Then get in the back seat and look at the speaker cones!
Magic there moving!

No its not magic thats the air presure moving the 6x9s cones! Thats not good.

Last edited by DaveWard; 29th May 2007 at 14:52.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:52   #46
RS_Matt
Established Member

RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
you obviously know bugger all about audio then mate

you can get a set of components for the same price of some 6x9s (some cases even less) and they will sound a hell of a lot better a guarantee it

Not about imaging mate, just good volume and a decent sound, I have big bass handling 7x10's so I don't have to fork out on expensive fronts and subs, the 7x10's provide enough fill, and like I will say all day, you don't have a concert in a car or recording studio. Save it for home use. An alpine v12 amp on some Infinity 6x9's and a small sub will be more than enough for crusing around annoying the neigbours.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:55   #47
RS_Matt
Established Member

Quote:
Do ther magic test if you have subs and 6x9s!

Pull the speaker wires off the 6x9s
Turn you system up to a normal volume
Then get in the back seat and look at the speaker cones!
Magic there moving!

No its not magic thats the air presure moving the 6x9s cones! Thats not good.

Then isolate the 6x9's if that happens with a likkle bit of mdf, simple.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:56   #48
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Matt View Post
Not about imaging mate, just good volume and a decent sound, I have big bass handling 7x10's so I don't have to fork out on expensive fronts and subs, the 7x10's provide enough fill, and like I will say all day, you don't have a concert in a car or recording studio. Save it for home use. An alpine v12 amp on some Infinity 6x9's and a small sub will be more than enough for crusing around annoying the neigbours.
But why not get a better sound for the same amount of money?

Your still better off with a infinate baffle 8" sub on the shelf then any 6x9s or 7x10s if you dont want to use boot space.

As for crusing around annying neighbors you deserve an asbo!
Old 29th May 2007, 14:56   #49
pat_man_vts
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
pat_man_vts is a jewel in the roughpat_man_vts is a jewel in the roughpat_man_vts is a jewel in the rough

*sighs*

my own experience involves having 6x9's in my 1st car, my bro had 7x10's (and god knows what else) in his car, and my new car runs front components and a sub with a 3 channel amp.

the sound from my new one is not even comparable to the old ones.

my brother, with one years driving experience was not believing what i was telling him, so, i decided to prove to him that mine would be much louder and much clearer... so i changed all the settings on my amp and hu (usualy have it set up more for sq) and off we went... he got rid of his 7x10's that night, and his 2 mates who were there completly changed there views.

and whats more, you can get a jbl bass pack for little more than 'decent' 6x9's or 7'10's... so cost isnt an excuse
Old 29th May 2007, 14:58   #50
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

But to create the best bass you need an enclosure that suits teh charactoristics of the speaker not just a bit of MDF! And if you going to box off 6x9s your better off with a sub anyway!
Old 29th May 2007, 15:00   #51
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

Dave tell me you still have that car..... that is a BEAST!

Way too out there for me......
Old 29th May 2007, 15:01   #52
pat_man_vts
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
pat_man_vts is a jewel in the roughpat_man_vts is a jewel in the roughpat_man_vts is a jewel in the rough

hahahahhha lol pmsl ect at 'bit of mdf'
Old 29th May 2007, 15:08   #53
cal1892
Infrequent Poster

i think nowadays in cars people go for appearance over performance and to be honest people are entitled to their own opinion and if i was the guy that started this thread asking which 6x9's in anyones opinion were the best to get, i would think most ppl talking of gigs and bands and the fucking position of your ear relevant to sound waves going totally off on a tangent to the question were none the less not exactly helpful.
i have vibe q96 rectangular 6x9's and 2 audiobahn subs running in the boot of my car along with audiobahn components up front with tweeters and im more than happy with the sound that comes from my car. the subs are adjustable from the amp therfor ive got as much bass as i want when i want it and when i want clear sound i can turn the subs down play thru the 6x9's and components.

i love my set up and only thing ill be changin is my amp when i can afford to pay £400 for a top notch audibahn chrome amp and again referring to appearance audiobahn amps look the dogs nuts where ever the hell you put them and the quality is amazin,

now thats my opinion u may agree or not but hey im running 6x9's and i like em.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:08   #54
RS_Matt
Established Member

Quote:
But why not get a better sound for the same amount of money?

Your still better off with a infinate baffle 8" sub on the shelf then any 6x9s or 7x10s if you dont want to use boot space.

As for crusing around annying neighbors you deserve an asbo!
lol.

I have a fantastic stereo at home and that suits me for my Pink Floyd Sacd's.

Now in the car I realise quality is going to be effected by traffic noise, engine noise, air, poor car accoustics and tyre noise!

In my set up, I have 7x10's that take 500 watt of Alpine V12 power and a small highly efficient JL 10" that provides ample amounts of low end. Its very cost effective as the 7x10's cater for full range and ergo most of the extra bass a car requires with all the noises that mask low frequencies. I can't do this with just fronts, especially the midbass demand. I'm sick of hearing cars with that un-sah sound!

Obviously if I still did the car park scene I'd upgrade to two larger subs and high quality fronts, but my system gets me to asda safely without falling asleep. When driving at 40mph and listening to music at over 700 Alpine V12 watts angle of speaker is highly irrelevant.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:11   #55
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

i honestly dont know why i bother

Old 29th May 2007, 15:13   #56
RS_Matt
Established Member

Quote:
But to create the best bass you need an enclosure that suits teh charactoristics of the speaker not just a bit of MDF! And if you going to box off 6x9s your better off with a sub anyway!
But I don't want a big heavy sub or 2 in the boot, It's a Saxo and I have a kid! He needs to fit in there when we do Flamingo Land.

There's other material that would stop pressure effecting the rear speakers btw. Not sure if many people have bothered though, 6x9's are just a quick bass fix for the less discerning car audio enthusiast.

I wan't extreme musical volume with thunderous mids whilst saving space and remaining stealth. Fronts can't give me any of this.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:13   #57
RS_Matt
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
i honestly dont know why i bother
Then don't shepard
Old 29th May 2007, 15:17   #58
cal1892
Infrequent Poster

i say u replace the back seats with 2 huge subs and jus sit the kid on them lol.
k.o

im totally mutual in this arguement/playfull expression of opinions

although the question you have to ask yourself is why does one person buy a yellow t-shirt and given the same options another person buy a green t-shirt?
because all our tastes and opinions are different and i think this is what it comes down to in this thread.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:19   #59
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Matt View Post
Then don't shepard
dont worry i wont, and am not a sheperd, i actually changed mine from 6x9s to components when i heard some at turners car audio that was a good 3 year ago now, before i used to start coming on here a lot more

imo components sound so much more clear and crisp to 6x9s etc, turn the volume up on 6x9s and they sound crap were as components will carry on being clear

Last edited by Predator_R32; 29th May 2007 at 15:32.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:21   #60
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

Saxos long gone. Was scrapped 3 years ago.

The point am trying to make here is that you dont need to spend a lot of money to make a good sounding system. I am going to be installing a system in my girlfriends Seat Arosa in the next month ago. It wont sound fantastic but it will sound good. I have bough all the equipment of ebay and including the headunit the equiment has cost just £75 (not inc delivery) I expect to shell out about the same again on materials.

As for rectangle speakers there as bad if not worse then oval ones. Audiobahn gear does look good but its dont sound no where near as good as it looks. Audio means listen not look. Work out the percentage of the time you spend looking at your instal to listening to it. If you look at it more then 5% of the time then you seriously need to get out more!

Yeagh your right a car is a terrible enviorment to have a good sound. Thats why a quality installation is a must. Sound deadening is essential. But your still better off with speakers that are in the optimum location ie the front that are the optimum shape ie round.

I spend a hell of a lot of time on here and other forums trying to help out other people get the best possible system for thee money. Look at my rep to post count. Has anyone else on here got a ratio anywhere near as good? Who is it that answers all the questions in this section that no one else has a clue about? Its all down to years of experance and hands on working! I too was once a 17 year old non car audio knowledge fool. FIrst thing I did was go out and buy a pair of Kenwood 7x10s for £130. That was 11 years ago and I have learned a hell of a lot since then! Thats why i knwo taht 6x9s or 7x10s are not good speakers to have in a car.

Like I say go listen to some good sounding cars!
Closed Thread