Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 2nd April 2013, 19:26   #1
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): saxo 1.4 westcoast, vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
boarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really nice
Default Power to the people

I think we should have the power to delete are own threads / topics, as I have found out sometime we need to delete are own thread due to items that have sold and are no longer for sale rather then wait for the eagled eye moderator to pick it up then them delete it

So my questions are .....
why don't we have this option in the first place??
What's the harm in us deleting are own threads?

And maybe the option to delete posts in our threads sometime people can be very unhelpful with comments or add something that is totally off subject, this would all help in easy to read threads for example your might have some one breaking the car and they could have a massive conversation discussing prices ect taking up 5-10 post

Thoughts .....
boarer2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:47   #2
AdamB
Established Member

Car(s): Lexus LS400 V8 Range Rover 4.6 litre HSE V8
iTrader Score: 0 (100%)
AdamB is on a distinguished road

Best just to be able to lock your own thread like 106oc
AdamB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:57   #3
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Its been asked many of times before and it came back with a no.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:58   #4
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

boarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really nice

Do you know why it got turned down ??
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:59   #5
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
Best just to be able to lock your own thread like 106oc
Yeah even that would help then mods could just delete the locked threads
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:00   #6
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
qrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of light

I think being able to lock your own for sale threads would be pretty good...don't agree with the delete though as threads can be used for iTrader which is good!
qrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:05   #7
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrty View Post
I think being able to lock your own for sale threads would be pretty good...don't agree with the delete though as threads can be used for iTrader which is good!
But saying that trolling in your profile I can only see that you have sold 3 items is this true or have the others been deleted but saying that I'm am using tap talk so might be different on main site
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:06   #8
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarer2004 View Post
I think we should have the power to delete are own threads / topics, as I have found out sometime we need to delete are own thread due to items that have sold and are no longer for sale rather then wait for the eagled eye moderator to pick it up then them delete it

So my questions are .....
why don't we have this option in the first place??
What's the harm in us deleting are own threads?

And maybe the option to delete posts in our threads sometime people can be very unhelpful with comments or add something that is totally off subject
, this would all help in easy to read threads for example your might have some one breaking the car and they could have a massive conversation discussing prices ect taking up 5-10 post

Thoughts .....
Highlighted part - Its very easy to scam someone if you have the ability to delete posts.

Someone could post in a thread warning members of this user and they get deleted.

You can edit first posts at present, so its simple to change the title to 'sold'
Old 2nd April 2013, 20:28   #9
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

What Ryan said, you can already mark threads as sold, so i don't see the problem.. Like has been said, threads are kept for itrader scores, which show what kind of seller someone has been..

As for the massive conversation about prices, most people get an offer, then they start to PM, can't say i see it happen very often!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:04   #10
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Highlighted part - Its very easy to scam someone if you have the ability to delete posts.

Someone could post in a thread warning members of this user and they get deleted.

You can edit first posts at present, so its simple to change the title to 'sold'
If you use tap talk on iPhone iPad you can't edit title and ok if we can't delete what about locking our threads ?? Then mods can delete when op wants them to ?
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:12   #11
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
What Ryan said, you can already mark threads as sold, so i don't see the problem.. Like has been said, threads are kept for itrader scores, which show what kind of seller someone has been..

As for the massive conversation about prices, most people get an offer, then they start to PM, can't say i see it happen very often!
Yeah but sometime you go onto a thread and it take you straight to the end of the thread page 5 and I know it's just easy to change pages but if you could clean your own threads up and I know there's going to be people who disagree but the people who use the forum should have some say in the way they would like to see the forum develop maybe a vote before thing get changed,trial runs user that have been on here a few years have a certain amount of post say 3000 be allowed these privileges this would then stop the scammers abusing this
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:49   #12
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
If you use tap talk on iPhone iPad you can't edit title and ok if we can't delete what about locking our threads ?? Then mods can delete when op wants them to ?
If tap talk causes issues why not just use the site normally. I do on my iPhone/iPad
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:50   #13
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Yeah but sometime you go onto a thread and it take you straight to the end of the thread page 5 and I know it's just easy to change pages but if you could clean your own threads up and I know there's going to be people who disagree but the people who use the forum should have some say in the way they would like to see the forum develop maybe a vote before thing get changed,trial runs user that have been on here a few years have a certain amount of post say 3000 be allowed these privileges this would then stop the scammers abusing this
We do take things on board, but the forum isn't a democracy. Hence why it wouldn't go to a vote for change.

As said if you can delete stuff from your own thread it is very very easy to cover up things you want hidden which should be seen by all forum users.

Jayline for example was an old user with many posts - search how he recently scammed someone.
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:56   #14
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
qrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
We do take things on board, but the forum isn't a democracy. Hence why it wouldn't go to a vote for change.

As said if you can delete stuff from your own thread it is very very easy to cover up things you want hidden which should be seen by all forum users.

Jayline for example was an old user with many posts - search how he recently scammed someone.
Is it a no to locking for sale threads also?

Would stop threads being bumped with people asking about parts that have sold awhile ago.
qrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:59   #15
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrty View Post
Is it a no to locking for sale threads also?

Would stop threads being bumped with people asking about parts that have sold awhile ago.
Personally I like the 'archive' approach we have on some photo forums.

You actually cannot have more than two threads open unless you archive old ones. Old ones automatically go into a subsection for people to read up on the seller or buyer.

The people should have no power when it comes to covering their tracks, sorry but after dealing with too many scams on here over the years it would be abused too easily.
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:01   #16
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
If tap talk causes issues why not just use the site normally. I do on my iPhone/iPad
Too lazy to type instant access to taptalk I know I'm being picky but thought it was worth the debate
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:10   #17
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:

Ok we will move in from deleting the posts completely maybe just the lock function and jayline is a complete and utter wanker has broke international trust on this website I only know of two people that have been scammed this bad even tho you can prob tell me there has been plenty more how ever always going to be scammers that's why PayPal or cash on collection should be the only chosen method of payment that way no chance of been scammed and if you do then you have PayPal to help regain losses