Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 19th April 2007, 23:25   #41
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!

Update/Edit:

After having the grill on my car for several months i noticed the top had started to become a little loose... so i removed it, put my standard grill back on... and set to work on sorting out the grill..

I would now like to recommend that a glue gun is not used... or if it is used is supplemented with a different glue... as it may work loose over time... especially if the surfaces were not 100% dust free when applying....

I used 5minute epoxy resin, that is essentially a VERY strong version of araldite... that works on anything from marble, concrete, metal and plastics...

I peeled off the glue gun on the top of the backing, and have epoxy resin'ed it back on, and i can safely say it's not going anywhere

If you have glue gunned yours, please keep an eye on it... as i would hate for yours to work loose....

Thanks
Alex
Old 11th May 2007, 00:47   #42
Mike_08
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza WRX
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Mike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant future

Iv got a dimma type grill on mine but im going to do this so got two grills to swop over. Great guide very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
You sir are a bloody legend!!!
Mike_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 13:07   #43
saxo2tone
Established Member
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): vw golf
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
saxo2tone is a glorious beacon of lightsaxo2tone is a glorious beacon of lightsaxo2tone is a glorious beacon of lightsaxo2tone is a glorious beacon of lightsaxo2tone is a glorious beacon of lightsaxo2tone is a glorious beacon of light

i glue gunned mine and it has come lose so i think i will araldite it

were best place to get mesh from b and q works out about £20
saxo2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 21:29   #44
SaxoFurio1988
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SaxoFurio1988 will become famous soon enoughSaxoFurio1988 will become famous soon enough

What colour is the paint mate? As my furio is exact colour.. May try it one day .. Also is it the same primer, paint and laquer you'd use for the interior?
SaxoFurio1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 21:58   #45
james_roxburgh123
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): citroen saxo vtr 1.6 8V mk2 & BMW 318ti compact
james_roxburgh123 is on a distinguished road

whats the difference in removing the grill when it is a 98 mk1 saxo??
james_roxburgh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 12:26   #46
marvvtr
L-plater

Car(s): citroen saxo vtr, teg type r on the way :-)
marvvtr is on a distinguished road

wen i bought my saxo the previous owner had done that to the grill and mucked it up the front part kept falling off and was not flush with the bonnet so my advice be careful wen doing this got a standard grill on mine at the mo wana get a dimma grill soon
marvvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 21:11   #47
lyndon
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ph2 172, MK1 VTR
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!lyndon is as cool as a cucumber!

Used this today, love you Al!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoJoww
Not many people will openly admit they have smeared their minge on a status like dairylea on toast...
Quote:
Originally Posted by logic_guy View Post
I've never seen you around but tonight you are making me piss my pants laughing.
lyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 21:57   #48
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!

No problemo

Let us know how it comes out!

Alex
Old 13th July 2007, 10:51   #49
Stretchy

Car(s): Furio 1.4i
Stretchy is on a distinguished road

just wondering, if i prime and then use a metalic spray the same as my bodywork and then a clear laquer for the grill will it come out with the same finish as the body work (like yours has)?

Cheers
Stretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 11:14   #50
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Yes... halfords spray cans though are pretty much pot luck as to whether you get a good colour match...

If you get them to make some up for you then your more likely to get a colour match

If using metallic paint it is also important to spray the grill whilst it rests in the same way it would on the car (up right) so the flake is sprayed and will stay in the right position... as that can often lead to non colour matches...

Hope that helps!
Alex
Old 13th July 2007, 11:20   #51
Stretchy

Car(s): Furio 1.4i
Stretchy is on a distinguished road

nice 1 mate that helps alot
Stretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 16:35   #52
dern999
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr mk2 pos blue
dern999 will become famous soon enoughdern999 will become famous soon enough

nice guide! been planning on doing this 2 my car for a while now
dern999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 18:18   #53
mwhewell

mwhewell is on a distinguished road

thanx for the guide will b doing this soon to mine. thanx, good tips!
mwhewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 18:38   #54
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

Glad to be of service

Alex
Old 19th October 2007, 16:25   #55
dern999
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr mk2 pos blue
dern999 will become famous soon enoughdern999 will become famous soon enough

what colour did u paint the chevrons? matt black or dark grey or soemthin? seems to blend in really well
Old 19th October 2007, 16:28   #56
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator

They are painted black buddy... just halfords own satin black i believe....

Alex
Old 20th October 2007, 17:42   #57
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Great guide.

Started it today, should be finished tomorrow. I'll post up some pics when I'm done.
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 15:23   #58
bide_furio
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Pair of Crutches atm!
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
bide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to behold

cant actually get the backin off??? any advice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domleydon View Post
Less chat, more twat.
bide_furio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 22:39   #59
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Right had a play about with this today but ran into a few problems...

I take it the mesh sits in the recessed edges of the black backing part and is then sandwiched between that and the front part?

I cut the mesh so it fitted perfectly within the backing part but the far ends became a bit of a problem. The front part of the grill isn't flat at the ends, it steps out so you can't sandwich the mesh in between. What do I do here? But the mesh to it actually sits further forward?

Hopefully someone knows what I'm on about. If anyone's got pics of one they've done here that would be great.

Cheers
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 22:48   #60
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

you need to glue the mesh to the back of the backing, otherwise if you sandwich it between the 2 parts, when you stick back on the car it will stick out a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote