Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 1st April 2009, 23:25   #1
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MG ZR 1.4
TheVtrKid is on a distinguished road
Default Steam: Left 4 Dead

Sorry i know this should be in the IT forum, but its dead in there, i need to know this quick. I received it yesterday, installed it on Steam etc, but i wasn't too impressed to be honest, but i was told with FEAR 2 also on Steam, once you enter the key code, the game is yours and cannot be re-entered? Because i was thinkin of uninstalling Left 4 Dead off Steam and selling it on ebay. Would this be aloud or not? Thanks, Jamie
Old 1st April 2009, 23:48   #2
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

the next person wouldnt be able to install it and use it online, i think they could possibly play it offline though.

The game will only be registered to your steam account only.
Old 1st April 2009, 23:57   #3
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

db_sax is right, they would be left with a unusable game, I'm unsure if they can even play it offline.

I had sold Half Life 2 some time ago now but since I'd used the key it was useless, thankfully had a decent understanding buyer and I had got it returned / refunded him.
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 23:58   #4
davidandrews5343
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Newage WRX
davidandrews5343 will become famous soon enough

u can have the key transfered to another user if u sell, or it used to be posiable
davidandrews5343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:00   #5
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandrews5343 View Post
u can have the key transfered to another user if u sell, or it used to be posiable
How do i transfer the key to somebody else do you know?
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:07   #6
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): 306 diesel shed broken vts
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
0rang3peel is on a distinguished road

You can sell you're whole steam account i.e give over the account to someone else for a sum of money if you only have left for dead on it then thats what you could do.

if you have loads of other games you have purchased through steam then don't... obviously.

Game keys don't really mean much on steam anymore its all done by the account, selling steam accounts with games on is very popular.
0rang3peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:09   #7
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict

Im assuming when you said recieved you ment downloaded through steam? as apposed to having the game on a disk
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:11   #8
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rang3peel View Post
You can sell you're whole steam account i.e give over the account to someone else for a sum of money if you only have left for dead on it then thats what you could do.

if you have loads of other games you have purchased through steam then don't... obviously.

Game keys don't really mean much on steam anymore its all done by the account, selling steam accounts with games on is very popular.
unless he has loads of other games to his steam account aswell. Or if he wanted to sell/share the account then risk having it vac banned if they hack.
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:15   #9
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

ahhh right yeah good point. No the only game i have on there, is left 4 dead, but i will be getting FEAR 2 eventually? When my finances are a little better, but i guess i could create another steam account as i have a couple of email addresses? So when you install Left 4 Dead, or any game on Steam, then it doesn't actually install on your computer? Your C:\? Just installs onto your Steam account?
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:18   #10
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
unless he has loads of other games to his steam account aswell. Or if he wanted to sell/share the account then risk having it vac banned if they hack.
Like I said... Only if it has L4D on its really possible/worth it.

If he sold his account it wouldn't be his account anymore, it wouldn't be shared. If the buyer uses the account to hack on thats entirely his choice... He paid for it so he can do what he likes with it.
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:20   #11
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVtrKid View Post
ahhh right yeah good point. No the only game i have on there, is left 4 dead, but i will be getting FEAR 2 eventually? When my finances are a little better, but i guess i could create another steam account as i have a couple of email addresses? So when you install Left 4 Dead, or any game on Steam, then it doesn't actually install on your computer? Your C:\? Just installs onto your Steam account?
It installs on the computer, but then aslong as you have you're steam account details you can access the game (on new / differant computers etc).

And yes you can create as many steam accounts as you want using differant emails etc as they are currently free.... in the near future they probably wont be.

I hope that clears things up.... Have a look on ebay for an example of people selling steam accounts... there is lots.
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:21   #12
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

nice i never actually thought of that. I'll check my account, make sure theres no personal details on there, and i might do that thanks
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:26   #13
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict

and also, there is a fear2 demo available on steam well there was anyway.. might be worth a play to save you buying a game you don't like again (tis free)
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:28   #14
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

well i've got the FEAR and the 2 add ons, which i thought were awesome, but i might check that out anyway. Thanks for your help