Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 20th April 2014, 21:09   #1
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Icelandic Furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gashman is on a distinguished road
Default Early morning training/diet advice

Am going to be changing my training time to before work, so would like some advice on my diet. Have never trained before work, aim of the diet is a drop in BF%

This is what I was thinking

Breakfast 1 - protein shake + apple

Train

Breakfast 2 - shake with whey, oats, banana, vanilla yoghurt, full fat milk

Morning snack - cantaloupe, strawberries, mixed nuts.

Lunch - chicken rice veg

Afternoon snack - chicken veg

Dinner - chicken rice veg or beef sweet potato mixed green

Evening snack - whey protein shake with full fat milk

Am open to any suggestions and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Gashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 21:38   #2
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Default Early morning training/diet advice

No one there to offer any advice at all?

Last edited by Gashman; 21st April 2014 at 19:42.
Old 26th April 2014, 20:42   #3
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Personally I would train on an empty stomach and then eat after. I always get up at six at work, train and then get breakfast, first few days im shattered but after that you do feel good. I wouldnt want to train with a stomach full, even if it is just a shake.

First thing i do on a morning when im alarm goes off is down a pint of water. nice and hydrated for training, also kick starts your metabolism. what training are you planning on doing? Saying you want to drop bf im guessing CV? I take turns between rower, spinning bike, watt bike and cross trainer, i will only do half an hour in the morning.

Everyone has different opinions on what you should do, but for me looking at your diet, im just thinking why so many snacks? You need to burn more than you are putting in so to speak, so for me id just cut all the snacks, no need in two breakfasts either. Another thing, you are going to get bored shitless of chicken, rice and veg!

Train

Breakfast

mid morning shake, half normal amount

dinner

afternoon shake, half normal amount

big tea (not too late imo)

thats what i would do, I dont see why you need the extra protein as you are going to be having it with dinner and tea, plus its extra calories.

Like said someone else might disagree with this, but for me it works, recently in six weeks away dropped over a stone in weight just doing roughly the same as above.
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 09:33   #4
Gashman
Frequent Poster

I have started training on a empty stomach and so far so good. Training plan is mainly weights with small cardio.

Diet has changed into more of a lean bulk/cut. Diet is set out that way because I struggle with appetite suppression and I like the idea of a steady flow of food feeding my muscles. I wouldn't be able to cope on just 3 meals a day. I'd have hunger pains all day lol

I'm swimming at weekends also.

I really appreciate you taking the tie to give an opinion thou. Advice is always appreciated.
Old 27th April 2014, 10:22   #5
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

I bet you could cope with three meals a day, your body will adapt, you are just use to eating more. When your tummy rumbles or you think you are hungry just have some water instead.

How much weight are you looking to shift? Whats your weight now, and what are you aiming for? Do you lose weight easily?

Personally I'd do more cardio over weights if you want to drop weight, I know that its possible to lose weight doing weights, again been there done that, but for me, going balls out on a rower/cross trainer/bike beats it all day.

What cardio do you do?
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 11:37   #6
Gashman
Frequent Poster

I prob could mate but I turn into a grumpy cunt when hungry.

Not looking to shift any weight as such just increase definition whilst maintaining/gaining lean muscle. I am currently around 72kg.

Cardio wise I do 10 minute jog at varying speeds to warm my muscles before my weight sessions. Time is the key for me as I only have 45 minutes to workout. I also enjoy weights and believe they are best suited to what I want to achieve
Old 27th April 2014, 16:57   #7
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

I just have pre-workout shake (craze/musclepharm etc. with some bcaa's and my fish oils, multi-vit etc. I used to eat steak and eggs pre workout but it hindered my training in a big way, so never again.

I have the preworkout twenty mins prior to training and then I have my intra workout shake which is my performance protein with some dextrose. I sip this throughout my workout alongside a 2 litre bottle of water

I have been training mornings for around 2year now, much better thsn evenings for me, and I have tried many variations nutrition wise and the above works best for me!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 17:34   #8
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Yeah for the past week I have just had a black coffee before leaving for the gym and my fish oils and multi vits.

@matt_vtr_15a, when taking ph and training mornings do you take you ph before or after training?
Old 27th April 2014, 17:47   #9
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashman View Post
Yeah for the past week I have just had a black coffee before leaving for the gym and my fish oils and multi vits.

@matt_vtr_15a, when taking ph and training mornings do you take you ph before or after training?
Normally post workout with breakfast mate, no longer on ph's though, jumped on a 'proper' bicycle.

Old 27th April 2014, 17:48   #10
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Normally post workout with breakfast mate, no longer on ph's though, jumped on a 'proper' bicycle.

I was suppose to get a proper bicycle, but got let down over and over so still on training wheels
Old 28th April 2014, 13:02   #11
Jigs2895
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 1997 Mk1 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jigs2895 is on a distinguished road

BCAA's would definitely be a good idea when training on an empty stomach, they will help you to retain your muscle when your glycogen stores are depleted.

Some cheap fat burners from MP can help also, mainly for their caffeine content to help get you going early in the morning.
Jigs2895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 13:32   #12
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

Your diet at the moment does seem rather good for what you're trying to achieve
I'm not sure on the benefits of having a two part breakfast is though, when I used to do early cardio as soon as I'd get back I would fill my face with food...
I too am a grumpy cunt when hungry
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 13:46   #13
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJoee View Post
Your diet at the moment does seem rather good for what you're trying to achieve
I'm not sure on the benefits of having a two part breakfast is though, when I used to do early cardio as soon as I'd get back I would fill my face with food...
I too am a grumpy cunt when hungry
I find it the other way, i lose my appetite soo badly after a morning session, takes me until 1-2pm to want to eat anything, good if cutting but horrible when bulking.

Rest of the day i'm the hungriest guy in the world and can eat non stop.

Old 28th April 2014, 13:52   #14
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
I find it the other way, i lose my appetite soo badly after a morning session, takes me until 1-2pm to want to eat anything, good if cutting but horrible when bulking.

Rest of the day i'm the hungriest guy in the world and can eat non stop.
I've had that a couple of times if I'm honest, not sure whether it's the type of cardio/routine you do or just everyone's different haha
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 19:25   #15
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashman View Post
I have started training on a empty stomach and so far so good. Training plan is mainly weights with small cardio.

Diet has changed into more of a lean bulk/cut. Diet is set out that way because I struggle with appetite suppression and I like the idea of a steady flow of food feeding my muscles. I wouldn't be able to cope on just 3 meals a day. I'd have hunger pains all day lol

I'm swimming at weekends also.

I really appreciate you taking the tie to give an opinion thou. Advice is always appreciated.
So what exactly do you want to do, increase muscle or lose fat ?
Old 29th April 2014, 19:27   #16
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuire86 View Post
So what exactly do you want to do, increase muscle or lose fat ?

Both champ.