Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2009, 17:32   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default Launch of the Content Contributor Group.

As discussed within the suggestions & improvements forum, today I have launched the concept of Content Contributors in the Saxperience Community. The reason for setting this up is to allow a wider team of people to get involved in the content, which is published within the community, but is not just restricted to personal forum posts.

Initially this system will be trialled with the creation of new Premium Member How-To guides, but I have plans to roll this out across a wider range of media types if things work out well and there is enough interest to keep things developing.

A new Content Contributor Forum has been created, which is only accessible by content contributors, super-mod's and admin's. The forum has been created so that fellow content contributors can post article content, discuss, edit, ammend, review, re-write, etc, etc... until the team are happy with the final outcome. Once the finished article is ready to be published, the verified content will be moved to the correct part of the community. The main author(s) will be recorded as contributing the content.

In theory, anyone can apply to become a content contributor, although the team will be kept to a small, manageable number of interested and focussed members. Currently only myself and Scott can approve applications. If you have the free time, knowledge and interest to take on an active role such as this, you can apply by clicking the Group Memberships option within your User CP.

A new article content management system will soon be employed within the Saxperince commuity, which will be able to exploit this new feature better. If you have any further ideas of how this concept can be developed, please let me know. In addition to getting access to the content contributor forum, all successful applicants will also have a new badge, which will be displayed within the postbit >>

If you are accepted as a content contributor, in order to retain this title, you will need to remain active within this role. It's also worthwhile mentioning that if you are authoring content destined for a restricted permission area of the community (eg Premium Member articles), if you don't have Premium Membership, you may not be able to see the content once published. That could get interesting

I look forward to hearing your feedback and welcoming some new faces to the team.

Simo

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 9th May 2009, 17:36   #2
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Cupra 204bhp
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
evans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud of

My names down
Old 9th May 2009, 17:42   #3
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

Looks good, i'm not planning on doing anything to my car for a bit so no point me applying to join now
Old 9th May 2009, 18:18   #4
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Fabia vRS
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!

I have applied.
Old 9th May 2009, 18:24   #5
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore

evans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the opportunity Simon & Scott
Old 9th May 2009, 19:17   #6
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

i dont get it, so to be able to benefit from the guides you need to have helped with them?
Old 9th May 2009, 19:22   #7
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
i dont get it, so to be able to benefit from the guides you need to have helped with them?
Huh?

To be able to benefit from the guides you need to be able to read them, thats the only limiting factor.

What I was trying to say is that if a guide is published for premium members, obviously non-premium members wont be able to read.

Quote:
Old 9th May 2009, 19:26   #8
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

Oh cool,

sorry been doing a lot of work, brain in meltdown lol.

i have read your post several times honest

so if your a contriibutor then, apply for a member of the social group, then you can enter the special forum?
Old 9th May 2009, 19:30   #9
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
Oh cool,

sorry been doing a lot of work, brain in meltdown lol.

i have read your post several times honest

so if your a contriibutor then, apply for a member of the social group, then you can enter the special forum?
yep thats it, where we can create the guides before anyone can see them, and when the admins are satisfied with them, they are open to the members!
Old 9th May 2009, 19:42   #10
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans1089 View Post
yep thats it, where we can create the guides before anyone can see them, and when the admins are satisfied with them, they are open to the members!
In a nut-shell... thats exactly it!

Quote:
Old 9th May 2009, 19:45   #11
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
In a nut-shell... thats exactly it!
See, I do read, listen and learn
ha! who are the others then?
Old 9th May 2009, 19:48   #12
Simop
Administrator

Check out the group leaders link at the bottom of the forum home

Quote:
Old 9th May 2009, 20:15   #13
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!

Can our usernames be a different colour like the mods etc
Old 9th May 2009, 21:50   #14
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jason- View Post
Can our usernames be a different colour like the mods etc
I'd like a colour and status change too

Will have a few guides forthcoming soon enough
Old 9th May 2009, 21:58   #15
Simop
Administrator

I thought about changing username colour, but thought you need to prove yourselves individually first.

You gotta be livin it to win it

Quote:
Old 9th May 2009, 22:14   #16
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict

What is the plan then are we to create the guides or look through the old ones and see if there are any improvements?
Old 9th May 2009, 22:43   #17
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jason- View Post
What is the plan then are we to create the guides or look through the old ones and see if there are any improvements?
Make new ones where necessary, trying to target the most asked questions etc and then tidy up the older ones with pictures etc.
Old 9th May 2009, 22:46   #18
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict

Ok no worries will start looking through them in the morning
Old 9th May 2009, 22:48   #19
Ferg
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Clio 197 Cup
Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!

You better have your dictionary ready Jason.

Sounds like a good idea.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:13   #20
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

ill check the spelling and grammar on them if you like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Closed Thread