Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 9th February 2011, 20:18   #1
blackeyedgirl
Frequent Poster

blackeyedgirl is just really niceblackeyedgirl is just really niceblackeyedgirl is just really niceblackeyedgirl is just really nice
Default Blocking a number on I phone 4

Is this at all possible?
blackeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 20:31   #2
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

think it has to be done by network, not 100% tho
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 20:34   #3
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Certainly on the 3gs it isn't - tried it last week and o2 turned around and said 'no chance'. But I'm aware that there is an app on the jailbroken version of the iphones that can do this for you.

ads
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 20:39   #4
blackeyedgirl
Frequent Poster

blackeyedgirl is just really niceblackeyedgirl is just really niceblackeyedgirl is just really niceblackeyedgirl is just really nice

Yea I did google it and there is an app called iblacklist but my phone isn't jailbroken - I don't really understand what this means to be honest lol.

Tried T Mobile last year and they don't do it either!

Just thought I'd ask because I know some phones have this option as standard or at least have an app.

Had a application on android for it so thought the Iphone would to be honest!
Old 10th February 2011, 00:04   #5
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

as above - only way is with iblacklist on a JB phone. I use it - it works well.

Just JB it - 3 minute job.
Old 10th February 2011, 00:15   #6
blackeyedgirl
Frequent Poster

What actually is jailbreaking? pro's & con's?
Old 10th February 2011, 07:47   #7
pdrake007
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 Desire 5dr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
pdrake007 is on a distinguished road

Jailbreaking allows you to customise and install 'hacks' that affect the way the phone runs, for example putting themes on the phone to change the way it all looks, being able to change the sms alert tone and iblacklist which will allows you to block certain numbers on your phone. Theres many more things you can do too and it is all reversible because if it goes wrong and freezes up, you just plug it back into itunes and restore the backup you made before it froze so there's no risks involved.

The only con I have experienced before (on a 3G) is that if you load a lot of hacks, it can slow down the phone a bit (as they are all running in the background) but as you have the iphone 4 you shouldnt notice any slowdown.

The latest jailbreak (Green Poison) was released about a week ago, ive been using it without any problems
pdrake007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 07:56   #8
blackeyedgirl
Frequent Poster

Thanks mate How do I get it onto my phone?
Old 10th February 2011, 09:06   #9
pdrake007
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 Desire 5dr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
pdrake007 is on a distinguished road

Pretty good instructions on appadvice.com, just make sure you read all the instructions and the readme first to get it right.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/02/j...thered-windows
pdrake007 is offline   Reply With Quote