Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 11th November 2013, 20:04   #21
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v Desire
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Tom5190 is on a distinguished road

This ones not a fantastic one to take a price guide from tbh, as it wasn't straight forward. Spec etc is as follows:

Flat bottom wheel
Bose sound system
Satnav/dvd etc
Auto lights, wipers
Heated front seats

Full Audi service history (some gaps)
Mileage on the shell - 135K
Engine Mileage - 12.5K

Had an engine and turbo fitted at Liverpool Audi in 2011 at 123K all paper work etc present.(I also called the dealer to confirm they were quite helpful)

Bad points from the sale were:

Front Bumper damage
Laquer peel on the rear bumper
No Satnav DVD
Some slight wear marks on the rear of the front seats
No service stamp for the last 12 months/3500 miles
Not really looked after by the alst owner fair few light scuffs & scratches (90% removable with a rotary)

It was advertised at £9,450 I paid £8600.

I've spent £200 on it so far which included all the service bits etc, I had a spare 2012 sat-nav DVD at home anyway and the body work has been quoted at £400. The wheels are quite tatty too they need a re-furb.

The lad I bought it off I didn't trust, so I stuck it in the unit for a week and went over it ruthlessly and I was hugely surprised. Its going to need rear pads and discs around march time next year. I took a bit of a gamble on it to be honest.

I looked at a few of them and this one drove the best, had the cleanest bay and the most history but the mileage was the highest.

Last edited by Tom5190; 11th November 2013 at 20:08.
Tom5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom5190 For This Useful Post:
Old 11th November 2013, 20:47   #22
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

Thanks for that mate, i was going to save £11,000 i think will take me 1 and a half years realistically... if you ever decide to sell don't hesitate to PM me!

Up The Toon
Jimmy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 21:38   #23
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

You will have a good choice for 11K I imagine mate, I was willing to spend 10K and I viewed them up to that price. There was a really nice black one on ebay at the time I was looking at, the guy was very genuine and the car was low mileage, well looked after 1 owner, it went for £11,600 iirc it had pretty much every option too.

My idea was that I've basically got £1300 grace to spend on things for this, I think realistically after I've sorted everything out its going to have cost me £9300 ish.
Old 13th November 2013, 21:24   #24
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

yeah i see i want sub 60k miles, grey, red/black leathers, bose and sat nav gonig to keep my eye open, would love the facelift with better lights but it's a further 2k or so

Up The Toon
Jimmy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 22:43   #25
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushy90 View Post
Looks good mate. I have a stage 2+ meteor grey S3. Got any better pics of the LCR splitter?

Has the Haldex service been done?

What mileage is it on if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
LCR

DSC03697 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
Old 7th January 2014, 13:24   #26
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

I got a new camera for Christmas so thought I would give it a whirl at the weekend and the car needed a clean so I'll update this.

Since last time I've done:

Cruise control activated
De-wiper
Pressed plates
Spare Key
Pas-side spring (snapped one!)
New battery

Bought:
Loba motorsport single mass flywheel
Sachs organic clutch
Audi release bearing
Flywheel bolts/g-box oil/clutch fluid
Powerflex track use large bottom engine mount bush
Powerflex small bottom engine mount bush

Clutch started slipping a few weeks ago so I've bought that stuff and the spring snapping was annoying too so the map and other things will be a bit later on now. I've got some loan on the car so I'm planning on paying that off early before doing any other mod's to it now. The clutch wont arrive until the end of the month I imagine so that stuff will go on then.

Photos are in order from dirty through cleaning etc.

DSC00116 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00117 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00119 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00123 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00127 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00135 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00136 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00138 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00141 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00143 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC00166 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
Old 7th January 2014, 13:40   #27
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
qrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome job and lovely car.

Really wish I had the time and patience to detail my Audi. Oh and spare cash to spend on cleaning products
qrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 20:04   #28
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

Looks great mate. You not been tempted by a map yet? If so which company you looking at?
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 10:06   #29
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Cheers, yea plans were to have it mapped by Shark in march time but the clutch slipping put that back, and the fact the parts have cost me an arm and a leg! I need to sort out the wheels and tyres too really I've got a trip to the ring booked in June. Im hoping by then it will have CAI, PCV re-vamp, GFB re-circ and a map.
Old 8th January 2014, 20:33   #30
mattknight1984
Established Member

Car(s): VW Golf GT TDi 170 BMW 320ci 1988 mk2 Golf 16v
mattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nice

I'm after one of these next, around 2009 with sub 50k.
What's it like to drive? Quick enough in standard form?
mattknight1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 20:53   #31
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk1 JP4'd VTR, '16 Fabia Monte Carlo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
jeffchiz is on a distinguished road

see youve gone balls out on that clutch change lol hope you had a good bday dude! shame we didnt meet up tho

jeffchiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 21:50   #32
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

I'm really considering Shark for my remap or APR.
Am trying to get a 3" down pipe first and am going to mate it to my current cat back exhaust. Then go straight for S2 map. Unless I see a fuel pump come up and I have money burning a hole in my wallet at the time. But the car is quick enough for me at the min.

The one thing that is winding me up is the TTS down pipe is like no other so more expensive. Grrrr
Rare they come up for sale!

Keep up the good work bud
Old 8th January 2014, 23:47   #33
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattknight1984 View Post
I'm after one of these next, around 2009 with sub 50k.
What's it like to drive? Quick enough in standard form?
Facelifts do look abit better i think too, id of preferd MY09- but they demand more than i wanted to pay. Its nice to drive, suspension is quite stiff (its a breeze compared to my saxo mind) Characteristics can be abit all over the place when ESP and the haldex are at full chat its not hugely predictable when cornering. I drive it with the ESP/ASR off i want to go quick it makes it alot easier imo.

There not hugely quick no, 5.5s 0-60 and it does reach 160mph on the sat nav. It a tad behind a Mk2 Focus RS really on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchiz View Post
see youve gone balls out on that clutch change lol hope you had a good bday dude! shame we didnt meet up tho
Yea didnt have a choice really, didnt fancy spending £500 on oem parts and end up having the same problems after its mapped later in the year. Clutch should be here soon i think i'm not looking forward to doing it. I've fit the bigger powerflex mount tonight, i was expecting the same results as the saxo but cant really tell if im honest.

Cheers mate yea it was good, i know i ended up working on the saturday How you stacked for money/holidays mate? Me, Jam & my brother have just booked holidays for Le Mans/The ring. Were going to both in one go leaving on 11th june back on the 19th if you fancy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ05LLY View Post
I'm really considering Shark for my remap or APR.
Am trying to get a 3" down pipe first and am going to mate it to my current cat back exhaust. Then go straight for S2 map. Unless I see a fuel pump come up and I have money burning a hole in my wallet at the time. But the car is quick enough for me at the min.

The one thing that is winding me up is the TTS down pipe is like no other so more expensive. Grrrr
Rare they come up for sale!

Keep up the good work bud
I've only read good things about Shark and APR. Im more leaning towards Shark as the place im thinking of using is the place im going to get the PCV & CAI from so makes sense i guess.

Ah nightmare, so whats the deal with the TTS is it the 265hp one or is it more? I do fancy a stage 2+ and i would be looking at that if the rest of the car was perfect but the body work and wheels need doing so im going to have to settle with stage one for 12 or so months

I was shocked when i priced it up new though!
Old 9th January 2014, 06:59   #34
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

They're exactly same engine though I think the maps are ever so slightly different but nothing to write home about. So what ever you get from stage one I'd expect to be around same figures.
I'm not too fussed about CAI, if I go stage 2+ (which I doubt) then I'd get one. But I'm really just thinking panel filter, down pipe and S2 map.
Over on TT forum plenty of guys run this happily (Maybe slightly different air box on TTS and S3?)

These cars can eat up the pennies very quickly. I still dream of the RS. But the missus would of killed me!!!
Old 9th January 2014, 10:03   #35
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ05LLY View Post
They're exactly same engine though I think the maps are ever so slightly different but nothing to write home about. So what ever you get from stage one I'd expect to be around same figures.
I'm not too fussed about CAI, if I go stage 2+ (which I doubt) then I'd get one. But I'm really just thinking panel filter, down pipe and S2 map.
Over on TT forum plenty of guys run this happily (Maybe slightly different air box on TTS and S3?)

These cars can eat up the pennies very quickly. I still dream of the RS. But the missus would of killed me!!!
Yea I think the air box on yours is a lot better than mine. Mines built into the engine cover its quite restrictive, people fit CAI and see about 10hp from that alone usually. I need to fit the engine cover off yours though if I do it.

Haha tell me about it, come march I will have spent more on this than I did on the saxo in 6 years!
Old 9th January 2014, 23:29   #36
PJN
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk7 Zetec S
PJN is on a distinguished road

Absolutely love these, TFSI engine in 265 spec is perhaps one of my favourite engines. Really want a sportback one but can't seem to find what year they started!
PJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 23:31   #37
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Cheers mate, I'm not a huge fan of the sport-backs, I think they started in 09? I'm pretty sure there only SP2. To be honest I'm not that clued up though.
Old 9th January 2014, 23:33   #38
PJN
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5190 View Post
Cheers mate, I'm not a huge fan of the sport-backs, I think they started in 09? I'm pretty sure there only SP2. To be honest I'm not that clued up though.
I'll look into it... Infinitely interested in a 3 door one if I could get a good one for 10k, quite interested by some of the GIAC maps!
Old 9th January 2014, 23:37   #39
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

You will get a good one for 12K I'd imagine with a choice of colour, spec etc. I really like the Imola yellow but I've only seen two.

I've not seen the GIAC stuff to be honest, you got any links?
Old 9th January 2014, 23:46   #40
PJN
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5190 View Post
You will get a good one for 12K I'd imagine with a choice of colour, spec etc. I really like the Imola yellow but I've only seen two.

I've not seen the GIAC stuff to be honest, you got any links?
Excellent

The American's seem to swear by it, there doing a lot of good work at the minute on the RS3's and the Golf R's. I'll have to dig a link out for you tomorrow mate, got a load saved on my PC at work.