Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 12th August 2008, 19:47   #1
ThegreenVTR
Regular Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf MK 4 GTI Turbo + Kawasaki Custom Supermoto
ThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of light
Default X Box Problems!

Right everytime i turn the xbox on its throwing error codes up (71 and 79) and one red light on the ring, its only three months old. Tried unplugging it and putting it all back again still the same, or is it time to ring microsoft? any ideas welcome please! Cheers Chris.
Old 12th August 2008, 20:45   #2
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

FAQ on xbox forum, google it, what i did as my ps3 had kaput, sourced the problem but still had to phone sony for a replacement console

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 20:57   #3
ThegreenVTR
Regular Poster

ThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of lightThegreenVTR is a glorious beacon of light

yea i tried that pred thanks anyway just wondering if anyone managed to overcome it without sending it away. Looks like ill be boxless for the rest of the hols :|
Old 12th August 2008, 21:15   #4
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Panamera
Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

Ring them, they will be able to tell you if you need to send it back or not.
Old 12th August 2008, 22:18   #5
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

take it back to the shop you got it from, should have a years store warrenty, thats what i did when my sexbox got 3 red lights, swapped on the spot

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 22:42   #6
ThegreenVTR
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
take it back to the shop you got it from, should have a years store warrenty, thats what i did when my sexbox got 3 red lights, swapped on the spot
yea i hope they do, taking it back tomorrow making fuss if they dont swap it!
Old 12th August 2008, 22:52   #7
Sutch
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 6N2 GTI, Mk4 Ibiza Cupra 229.98bhp
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!Sutch is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThegreenVTR View Post
yea i hope they do, taking it back tomorrow making fuss if they dont swap it!
If you do have to send it off it aint too bad.
From home, to germany, and back again in 8 days, not sure how that is cost effective, but hey ho.

Ever since I've had it back I havent used mine though, so that is a bit of a downside..
Sutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 23:02   #8
ThegreenVTR
Regular Poster

microsoft said 3 weeks :|
Old 13th August 2008, 00:05   #9
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

Shops have been informed not to take back xbox's and to send to microsoft direct due to the masses having issues.

One red light sounds to me that either something inside is fooked or it's external hardware issue so take the bits off bar the power and add them back on ... one by one...

Without the video cable plugged in you'll see 4-red flashing lights.

It's only 3 months old so you shouldnt have this issue, however, sending them back must be through microsoft unless you know someone who works there who would "swap" it
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 00:24   #10
ThegreenVTR
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste-88 View Post
Shops have been informed not to take back xbox's and to send to microsoft direct due to the masses having issues.

One red light sounds to me that either something inside is fooked or it's external hardware issue so take the bits off bar the power and add them back on ... one by one...

Without the video cable plugged in you'll see 4-red flashing lights.

It's only 3 months old so you shouldnt have this issue, however, sending them back must be through microsoft unless you know someone who works there who would "swap" it
i have tried it with the hdd off and powering up and it still errors well see what happens tomorrow just hope it doesent have to go away.
Old 13th August 2008, 13:32   #11
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

E71: possibly a dashboard update error, Check below in the "Console Reset Codes" for instructions. If that does not work there is no other solution and the console must be sent back to MS for repair.

E79: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it.
According to tmbinc: E79 is the error code if xam.xex could not be started, i.e. probably a file system corruption.

Clear Any Failed system updates that cause the console to error.
With the console off, press and hold the sync up button (the small white one)
While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console
Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.
During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.