Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 5th August 2008, 19:31   #1
welsh_rich
Frequent Poster
South Wales Region Member

welsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to behold
Default I need a new phone. Help me?

Hello. My Motorola Razr V3i has finally given up the ghost...

I've been phoneless for about a week now and it's been great, but now i need to actually start thinking about getting a new one.

haven't a clue on phones these days, all i need is a reasonably priced phone, something decent and nice, but not too nice, as i want/need to spend my £ on other things. No contract ones. Just Pay as you go.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

heh
welsh_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 19:38   #2
a17vts
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS 2000
a17vts will become famous soon enough

I have no idea about what phone to go for but I am currently in the same situation bar I am looking for a contact phone.

a17vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 19:46   #3
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

anything thats not a nokia 6500s - ive had 2 new 1's in 2 month. Worst phones ever
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 19:47   #4
Sisqo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!Sisqo is absolutely fabulous!

go for a sony erricson...not to expensive and they are good quality, as your going on pay as you go then you want something which is good quality as you cant just click your fingers and get another like you can on contract

TRAX WAS GOOD NIGHT BEFORE WAS AWSOME!
Sisqo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 19:48   #5
darkslag72
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): 106 xsi
darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!darkslag72 is a great team player!

anything samsung, highly recomended

Drifting....if it aint on full lock, you aint trying!trueno 86 corolla owns all RIP David Burns 1986-2008
darkslag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 19:48   #6
flee123
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Wicked Red VTR
flee123 is a name known to allflee123 is a name known to allflee123 is a name known to allflee123 is a name known to allflee123 is a name known to allflee123 is a name known to all

iPhone 3G, Nokia N95, Samsung Tocco any of these 3 are good!

De-slatted Colour Coded Grille - Black Badges - Anthracite FX wheels - Strut Brace
flee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 19:48   #7
Daffron
Regular Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Daffron will become famous soon enough

n95, anything other than Nokia is shizle!
Daffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 19:56   #8
welsh_rich
Frequent Poster

welsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to beholdwelsh_rich is a splendid one to behold

Awesome. Thanks for the replies so far, keep them coming.

I'm gonna check them out now, see if there's any i like

Anyone had any experience with the razr v8?! My old razr v3i served me well, for longer than i expected. Was quite impressed. Any thoughts?

Cheers
Old 5th August 2008, 20:03   #9
Daffron
Regular Poster

Car(s): Mk2 VTS
Daffron will become famous soon enough

Never been a fan of motorola but if its what your used to then fair do's

Ive had a Sony-Ericcson, Samsung, NEC and Motorola and between every one ive gone back to a Nokia. On my 2nd N95 in a row now

The menu's and everything just seem more logical and straight foreward.

The N95's ace too, it comes with software on it that you can use to edit all your Word/excell etc documents, it has sat nav (but I dont think its v.good unless you get different software), I can watch TV on it via 3, can go on youtube and save the vids etc the camera's pretty smart.

It pretty much does everything the iphone does and more just no big ad campaign.

If you work for Nokia rep me plz thx
Daffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 20:05   #10
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Can get a Samsung G600 on pay as you go for only 120 these days, quite cheap for a big-feature phone with 5mp. No touch screen or anything fancy, but gets the job done and then some. Plenty of better ones out there, but they either cost silly money on PAYG of they're contract.

Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 20:19   #11
JC-Furio
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Helicopter
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!JC-Furio is absolutely fabulous!

JC-Furio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 20:40   #12
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=welsh_rich;2397285]

QUOTE]

is it me or does it look like it should b upside down?
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 21:11   #13
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Bag of 10p's and a big red box ftw

Failing that if you want a good quality, well built and reliable phone get yourself a SE K800i, seriously

Discontinued and you can srtill buy them new from about £50 on PAYG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 22:34   #14
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

Get a blackberry mate, I love mine!

Loads of features and really easy to use.
Old 6th August 2008, 12:07   #15
welsh_rich
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffron View Post

IOn my 2nd N95 in a row now

It pretty much does everything the iphone does and more just no big ad campaign.

If you work for Nokia rep me plz thx
LOL haha! Sounds like you do work for them. They look great, but i think it's too much for PAYG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_360 View Post
Can get a Samsung G600 on pay as you go for only 120 these days, quite cheap for a big-feature phone with 5mp. No touch screen or anything fancy, but gets the job done and then some. Plenty of better ones out there, but they either cost silly money on PAYG of they're contract.
Been looking at some of these bad bois. Bit confusing as Samsung have about 20 different ones which all look the same. Some are cheap, some arn't... i'll have to get round to working out what's different between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffron View Post
n95, anything other than Nokia is shizle!
Again, i wouldn't mind one of these if i'm honest. Just the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by flee123 View Post
iPhone 3G,
Looks great. But it's the same with the N95...£ and i doubt i'd need all the features on it, and with the iphone, i can't be arsed fannying round with changing the software, heh.

Gonna pop out and have a browse soon. I've repped some of you!
Old 6th August 2008, 20:48   #16
shooorn94
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1.1??
shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!

Went today to buy a pay as you go phone as I killed my old motorola in a puddle of prawn juice (don't ask) the motorola V8 my mate has however it gathers the scratches quite easily. The screen is really clear and really easy to use and like most motorolas you will find problems after the warranty runs out (a year then)

There's a great deal at 02 atm with the simplicity sim have a look at that too and their phones under £100 are pretty decent, take a look at the Nokia 6300 I nearly bought it today, worth the money tbh
Old 7th August 2008, 11:42   #17
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Ive got the Nokia N95 Black...would recommend to anyone

Try the New Nokia N96, looks better than the N95 and has twice the memory... http://www.nseries.com/index.html#l=products,n96

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 14:17   #18
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

I like my Viewty, does the job pretty well.
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 00:56   #19
welsh_rich
Frequent Poster

Went out today, specifically looking to buy a Razr V8 or a MotoE8... but walked away with a Samsung G600 instead tidy phone. Smaller than the Razr and less things to go wrong (E8 is total touch screen b*llocks)... and it's priced half way between the two i originally wanted, so thought fuck it.
Old 8th August 2008, 01:15   #20
streakofpiss
Frequent Poster

streakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant future

Get one same as mine:

Seriously, the phone is utter wank, but for about £6 delivered off ebay and the attention it gets off people - priceless!
streakofpiss is offline   Reply With Quote