Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th August 2008, 23:22   #21
dannyjay
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!

Reformat tbh - again I usualy re-build mine after 6 months or so, but have about 4 HDD's so I don't lose anything.
dannyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 09:21   #22
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

i have a spare hard drive so can move what i need to save onto that.

hwoever, WTF do i need to save and how do i reformat it?
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 11:16   #23
grantlowery
Established Member

Car(s): Shag Wag
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
i have a spare hard drive so can move what i need to save onto that.

hwoever, WTF do i need to save and how do i reformat it?
Things you need to save are important documents, program files and drivers.

to format, you need an OS installation disk, which should have come with your system, you put the disk in boot into the CD drive and follow the steps.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:00   #24
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

I'd forget the drivers and download them all to ensure you've got the absolute latest versions.

Most important ones are your chipset drivers for your motherboard.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:09   #25
grantlowery
Established Member

Car(s): Shag Wag
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!

network drivers to as you wont be able to download them if you havent got your ethernet driver lol
Old 11th August 2008, 14:12   #26
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantlowery View Post
network drivers to as you wont be able to download them if you havent got your ethernet driver lol
Should imagine it'd be onboard as it's a laptop so mobo drivers should do the trick.

Only thing i'd be careful about is any power management software the laptop might use, check you've got it handy for when you re-install.
Old 12th August 2008, 15:13   #27
Aaron
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): ..............
iTrader Score: 32 (100%)
Aaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to behold

get a plug in hard drive

and then
save all date
u need on it
then reset to factory settings
then u have what u need on ur hard drive
and it will get rid of everything you dont need

meaning
more space
more power

and u can just copy it back onto ur comp wen its been reset
or keep it plugged in
and it will just be like a memory card on ur phone
but for your computer

Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 16:17   #28
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

neilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant future

christ what do you lot do to your machines to need formatting every few months...

installing and uninstalling programs will leave a lot of crap on your machine, and downloading dodgy software will fill you up with spyware.

download "spybot" for a start and run a full system scan, then "advanced windows care v2" - both available from download.com. never heard of your AV package, tbh bin it and go with a reputable one, i use "avast" its free (see above website again) and doesnt hog resources like some. if you havent already install vista SP1 too that fixes a load of speed issues.

you can also turn off the "superfetch" service - basically this kinda preloads commonly used programs to speed up loading time. however hogs a fair amount of resources. go to control panel, administrative tools, services. find "superfetch" and disable it. then reboot.

by default vista should have a system managed pagefile, id stick with that tbh. increasing it too much will have a negative effect.

do that then let me know.