Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 28th December 2008, 14:01   #41
VTEC-Saxo
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): White pug 106 1.6
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
VTEC-Saxo is on a distinguished road

downloaded that firfox but its a bit of a pisstake tbh gona take some getting used to alot slower than ie but i gues ill get used to it lol
VTEC-Saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 14:22   #42
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-Saxo View Post
downloaded that firfox but its a bit of a pisstake tbh gona take some getting used to alot slower than ie but i gues ill get used to it lol
Do this:

Tools
Addons
Get addons
Search for adblock plus
Install the addon and subscribe to the very top list when it prompts you to

Now wonder how you ever browsed the internet with IE. There will be no adverts on sites and will improve loading times by a fuckton.

Quick tip as well to speed up browsing, middle click (click in your mouse wheel) on a link and it will open it in a new tab on your current browsing window.
Old 28th December 2008, 17:04   #43
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
no way internet explorer is alot slower than firefox !
Old 28th December 2008, 18:09   #44
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MG ZR 1.4
TheVtrKid is on a distinguished road

use advanced browser, way better than internet explorer anyway
Old 28th December 2008, 18:49   #45
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Firefox slower than IE? hmmm i dont think so! IE gets bogged down with all the crap that it installs and comes with!

I prefer Firefox over IE anyday! Mind you, not much runs slow on my system now

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 19:08   #46
chapperlin
Infrequent Poster

chapperlin has a spectacular aura aboutchapperlin has a spectacular aura about

Ive been using Firefox now for around 3 months. Mainly cos my gf managed to download and install a virus off facebook using IE(firefox will not let you download same virus-I tried)

There are loads of tweaks available to make it slightly faster although i cant say ive noticed major difference. Its also easy to customize so it looks and feels almost exactly like IE.

I wont be using IE ever again for browsing. You will still need it if you download your windows updates manually (which i do)

My only gripe with FF is sometimes it uses huge amount of memory, upwards of 300mb. This can be a bit annoying but apart from that i cant fault it
chapperlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 22:37   #47
beaumontdvd
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): White Saxo 1.1 1997
beaumontdvd is on a distinguished road

download windows defender! will stop backdoor programs being created as some pretend to be active X objects ( objects that are needed for flashplayer to run ) and you install them without realising doesnt matter which program is used for the internet as these are stored on websites.
beaumontdvd is offline   Reply With Quote