Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 23rd December 2008, 19:10   #21
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): focus tdci, clio v6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!

ok ok havent looked back in it yet about the cd/dvd/floppy drives yet but pics ahoy

so would i get like ddr 1gb 400mhz ram?

confused me a little on the slave
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:30   #22
dannyjay
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh85 View Post
ok ok havent looked back in it yet about the cd/dvd/floppy drives yet but pics ahoy

so would i get like ddr 1gb 400mhz ram?

confused me a little on the slave
Take all the pins out, it will auto configure itself to a slave anyway if the other is primary - I personaly take them out the lot, and it figures out which the O/S is on and tada!

As for the ram yes, but be careful - brand new DDR is twice as much as DDR2 as it's older and rarer!
dannyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dannyjay For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:50   #23
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

Agreed DannyJay, DDR is rare, and a little more expensive, but DSH85 youre right, DDR 400 mhz RAM aka PC-3200 RAM.

Easiest thing to do with the HDD is find the model of it and search on the manufacturers website. They all have online jumper setting guides to ease the pain!

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:53   #24
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): focus tdci, clio v6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!

im just learning as i go along here really! theres plenty on the 'bay' ram for like 15 delivered

so just take all the pins out and fingers crossed!

as an example is this the right ram i want

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAMSUNG-1GB-PC...1%7C240%3A1308
Old 23rd December 2008, 20:06   #25
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

that RAM is.........CORRECT! Thats the shizzle you want!

As long as you got one HDD in there no jumper on the HDD shouldnt be a problem

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkyG For This Useful Post:
Old 24th December 2008, 11:34   #26
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

Danny im sure ive got some 400mhz DDR at home. Thats what my old system used to run. Cant remember what i did with the mobo though. I will try dig it out.
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 22:39   #27
beaumontdvd
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): White Saxo 1.1 1997
beaumontdvd is on a distinguished road

For question 3 mate you need the device drivers installed but it should recognise the hardware before there installed if its plug n play check connections
beaumontdvd is offline   Reply With Quote