Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 11th January 2009, 17:25   #1
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS / Twingo RS133
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Matty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to behold
Default Apple Macbook (White) Whats it worth?

Sorry for making 2 threads on it but thought i might get a better response if i put it up in here too.

Bascily selling my Apple Macbook and wondering what its worth:

details here: click me!

Thanks Matty.
Old 11th January 2009, 20:10   #2
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Id bung you £300 for it....
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 21:00   #3
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Matty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Id bung you £300 for it....
no thanks.
Old 11th January 2009, 21:27   #4
grantlowery
Established Member

Car(s): Shag Wag
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!

I would say over £500 - £550 if you can find the right buyer, its a decent spec.
Your looking at £800 brand new for that machine,
Old 11th January 2009, 21:31   #5
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Iv seen one on ebay which is at £475 and a lesser spec. Im thinking i might put it on ebay starting at £450 and see if where it goes.
Old 11th January 2009, 21:35   #6
grantlowery
Established Member

Car(s): Shag Wag
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_VTR View Post
Iv seen one on ebay which is at £475 and a lesser spec. Im thinking i might put it on ebay starting at £450 and see if where it goes.
Sounds like a plan mate, you should get at least £500 I would think, just the wrong time of year to be selling really.
Old 11th January 2009, 21:44   #7
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantlowery View Post
Sounds like a plan mate, you should get at least £500 I would think, just the wrong time of year to be selling really.
Thanks, Yea i know. but i need to sell this to get the new one. Going be selling mid way though February.
Old 11th January 2009, 22:03   #8
smittytom
Established Member

Car(s): 1)Posi Blue Westie 2)172
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
smittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud of

Dont think you should start it at £450 as i think anything over that is a bonus,
Like i said in the other thread you really don't need a MacBook Pro for what you want to do,
Read the other thread if you haven't yet
smittytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 22:21   #9
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittytom View Post
Dont think you should start it at £450 as i think anything over that is a bonus,
Like i said in the other thread you really don't need a MacBook Pro for what you want to do,
Read the other thread if you haven't yet
Yea i replied to it... need it for music recording editing in protools and cubase for uni work. plus its affordable with the student discount i get.
Old 11th January 2009, 22:28   #10
smittytom
Established Member

smittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yea i replied to it... need it for music recording editing in protools and cubase for uni work. plus its affordable with the student discount i get.
I just think a Pro are over kill for what you want,
I wouldn't say no too one though and if you can afford it then why not,
Just thought i would add my opinion in to try and save you some cash,
Update to ProTools 8 too its mint,
You got any recordings online that you done that i could check out?
The Following User Says Thank You to smittytom For This Useful Post:
Old 11th January 2009, 22:31   #11
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Nah i haven't got anything online.. Im running protools 7 atm but i prefer using Cubase SX 3 i know my way around it alot better.
Old 11th January 2009, 22:33   #12
smittytom
Established Member

Quote:
Nah i haven't got anything online.. Im running protools 7 atm but i prefer using Cubase SX 3 i know my way around it alot better.
as soon as you learn all the sort cuts in ProTools its so fast.lol
Check out www.myspace.com/blackchalk for some of the stuff i have done and tell me what you think
Latest track i done for them is believe it or not so have a listen
Old 11th January 2009, 22:40   #13
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
as soon as you learn all the sort cuts in ProTools its so fast.lol
Check out www.myspace.com/blackchalk for some of the stuff i have done and tell me what you think
Latest track i done for them is believe it or not so have a listen
Sounds good, only got it though laptop speakers atm but ill check it out at uni 2moro with the DT150's and monitors and compare!
Old 11th January 2009, 22:43   #14
smittytom
Established Member

Quote:
Sounds good, only got it though laptop speakers atm but ill check it out at uni 2moro with the DT150's and monitors and compare!
Take into consideration myspace MP3's are shit and completely wreak the track.lol and the bottomend is pretty much non existent on that MP3 for some reason........lol,
Never used those Beyer cans they any good?
Old 11th January 2009, 22:49   #15
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Take into consideration myspace MP3's are shit and completely wreak the track.lol and the bottomend is pretty much non existent on that MP3 for some reason........lol,
Never used those Beyer cans they any good?
Yea i noticed the lack of bottom end.. but just thought it was my speakers. Yea the DT150's are awesome, give you a really flat response so hear just the track and not what other speakers/headphones add to it.