Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 23rd July 2016, 06:31   #1
Johnsky

Johnsky is on a distinguished road
Default Suspension decision asap

I have got a vts with -3 drop with eibach pro kit with worn out shocks
Having a lot of trouble deciding between koni sports/yellows(same thing) or kyb agx, the koni sports are adjustable-ish, since they require to remove the strut to adjust.... but on some foruns/topics people seem to prefer the koni's a lot more
the agx are adjustable via a screw, which is really good
I will be mostly daily driving, but i do still do a lot of spirited driving on the hills
Both kits are around 400€, the difference is about 20€
Thanks
Johnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 10:18   #2
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Personally the hassle of adjusting Koni puts me off.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 23:15   #3
Johnsky

I completely agree with out, they are almost as non adjustable...
There are some seriously bad reviews on them, specially on the miata foruns where it seems the price difference is huge and they recomend without a doubt the koni's over the agx
Are the agx comfortable on eibach pro kit springs on setting 1?

Also, am switching tyres out i am deciding between toyo t1r and uniroyal rainsport 3 not 2(older), prices are the same

thank you for awnsering
Old 25th July 2016, 03:00   #4
Johnsky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksekDSo3Dbc

This is interesting.. how would it work on a saxo? are the front adjustable like that video?
What about the rear?
Old 25th July 2016, 14:38   #5
BUMMERS
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

BUMMERS is on a distinguished road

I'll always recommend the rainsports. A great tyre although they do wear quickly but still worth it in my opinion.
BUMMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 16:57   #6
Johnsky

How quick are we talking about? i know the toyo t1r aren't famous in that department as well, but it is to expected for a tire on this price tier.

I do hear good things about the rainsport 2, but since the rainsport 3 are relatively new am not so sure about them. On the other hand the toyo t1r have some really good and bad reviews, both of the two worlds some saying its a really good tire, but wears out quickly, and some say its one of the worst tires they have ever experienced because of soft sidewalls and low feedback
Old 28th July 2016, 13:05   #7
BUMMERS
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

BUMMERS is on a distinguished road

Got them on the mrs Fiesta ST. Grip seems good but she only got about 10k out of them. For the price vs grip though they seem good, I'd rather replace every 8 months than get something which doesn't hold the road as well.
BUMMERS is offline   Reply With Quote