Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Photoshop Chat... > Requests

Requests If you'd like someone to 'shop' you an image, make a polite request within this forum.

Old 8th February 2009, 20:11   #1
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of
Arrow **** Want a PhotoShop done? Please read before posting... ****

Right I've decided to create this thread to help people all round.

Hopefully it will help people get a PS (PhotoShop) done, and also those who do the PS. It may also give an explanation to people who make think that their thread is simply being ignored.

Basically if you want a PS done your chances will be greatly improved if you can do the following:

Provide ALL of the pictures needed for the PS in the thread.
Remember someone is taking time out of their day to do you (who they probably dont even know) a favour. So dont expect them to search and trawl through pics of cars trying to find the wheels you want PS onto your car. Links to other pages for pics are lazy especially when virtually the same amount of effort is required to post a link and an image. If you don't know how to do this then ask someone. You may have 100 pics in your progress thread but put a couple in your request thread. No pics = No PS!

Provide as best quality pictures as you can.
Having a good quality pic of some wheels but a poor-grainy one of your car makes it hard for the final PS to look good. If you don't have a good pic go out and take one! If you cannot be bothered doing this why should someone bother doing you a PS? Also if try to get full pics of your car, not just sections. This makes it easier to play around and make a sig.

...but not too big!
Pictures do not need be massive, 800 x 600 px is fine. That is the biggest they are displayed on this forum before being automatically resized. 1024 x 800 px is OK too but any bigger is unnecessary really.

Provide pictures of the same angle.
A side on pic of your car and and a side on pic of the wheels you want PS onto it make it so much easier to create the PS. Imagine a straight line pointing out at a 90 degree angle from the wheel on the car and the donor wheel and try to get them to match as closely as possible.

Provide pics of wheels on cars.
Catalogue pics of wheels are a lot harder to work with than pics of the wheel on the car as it involves a lot more work to make it look half decent. Multi-spokes for example are a nightmare as you have to make lots of selections to remove the background. Also it can more than likely mean the wheel is at an angle and slightly oblong meaning more work for the person doing the PS and the final PS not looking as good.

Explain what you want clearly but dont expect the world!
If you put a list as long as your arm of things you want done it can put people off of doing it. Putting in the thread that you dont mind if only a couple of things are done may help.

Awkward threads.
Some PS requests require more time than others so may not be the top of someone's list if they are looking to do a PS. For me whole car colour changing, adding coloured lips to wheels, and making objects white are all a pain in the a*** due to the extra effort they require.

Sigs.
Try to give some sort of brief/description of what you want it to look like. Think of getting some interesting shots of your car, either with a good background, one that highlights a feature of your car, or at an angle that will help make the sig. The size is 468x60 and it's an awkward shape to work with, almost like a letter box, so if you can provide a good shot then it makes things a lot easier. If you say you don't mind what it looks like then someone spends 10/20mins doing you one and you say 'oh I wanted it in the style of 'x'' it is annoying. The more pics you put up the better and maybe put up pics of stuff other than your car to help add a bit of variation to the sig, maybe your sports team logo, music artist or a favourite pet etc.

Try to be polite.
I've been put off by words such as 'easy one', '2 min job', 'who is bored' etc. They remind me that I could be doing other things with my time and annoy me by the assumption of how quick the process is. The process of doing a PS includes: Saving the pic(s) to the person's own PC, opening PS which can take 30s+, opening pics, doing the PS (the long and important bit!), re-saving the pic and PS file (for future editing), uploading the pic to a hosting site, saving the pic to the that hosting site, posting pic on the Sax-P thread. So rarely 2 mins.

Try to be patient.
Bumping a thread a once a day is fine but if no one has done your request after a couple of hours there is no need to start putting comments like 'anyone?'. There is no set team for this section and it is not a paid for service so dont have super high expectations of turnaround.

Say Thanks.
I created a selection of signatures for someone on here who did not even comment in the thread or via PM. That person is now using the sig and didnt say thanks. I stopped doing PSs for a while on here after that and I doubt I'd do a PS for them again. Even if you dont like the PS, say thanks as appreciation for the effort as it is being done for free. Design work can be so expensive, more so than mechanical work and if someone fixed your car for free im sure you'd be appreciative.

Example of a good request thread:

*Warning big pictures*

Try to make your thread look like this but with slightly smaller pictures.

I think that is it, I'm sure I will edit this thread when I remember other stuff. These aren't the official rules you must abide by if you want a PS, but will more than likely vastly improve you chance of getting one done (especially by me).

Regards,

Tony

Last edited by Tony; 25th May 2010 at 13:07. Reason: General editing.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Useful Post:
Old 8th February 2009, 20:12   #2
VTEC-Saxo
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): White pug 106 1.6
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
VTEC-Saxo is on a distinguished road

sticky material imo
VTEC-Saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 20:41   #3
Adz
Established Member

Car(s): at power bodied yellow 106gti monster
Adz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-Saxo View Post
sticky material imo
+1, this is what this section needs,

i always do photoshops for people, alot of people say thanks, but there are also alot that doesn't,

i think most of the people who used to do photoshops have stopped because the " rep " section has gone,

but im not botherd about that, because if i do a photoshop for somone, and they like it, they can always say to somone else who wants a P.S doing, Pm " Adz " etc etc so it gets your name around

and i always get sick of asking people for decent pics/high res backgrounds etc

Good thread mate, Stickyyyy FTW

Adz

160bhp at power bodied nana 106 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Boy View Post
Adz'z car is killer hot
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 20:52   #4
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of

Cool lads, cheers.

Feel free to add any points and I can put them in my first post if you want.
Old 8th February 2009, 20:56   #5
Adz
Established Member

Adz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud ofAdz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyA View Post
Cool lads, cheers.

Feel free to add any points and I can put them in my first post if you want.

Ok mate, i will try and find somthing to add, but to be honest, i think you have said all what needs to be said

just a matter of / if, people will look at this thread before starting a thread for people to do a photoshop

Cheers Adz

Quote:
Adz'z car is killer hot
Old 8th February 2009, 20:58   #6
VTEC-Saxo
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): White pug 106 1.6
VTEC-Saxo is on a distinguished road

i havnt done one for anyone sence the last two times i did it wasnt apreciated.
VTEC-Saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 21:14   #7
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Adz - Hopefully they will but I wont hold my breath.

VTEC - I totally understand, I really dont think people appreciate the effort sometimes.
Old 8th February 2009, 23:20   #8
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Defiantly sticky

Its sometimes hard to do the chops as the images quality is well basically shit, i dont recall not being thanked for helping someone out, but i have seen some threads were the member doing the chop hasnt been thanked.

Last edited by Prickle; 8th February 2009 at 23:23.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 17:59   #9
Adz
Established Member

Nice one mate, Now a Sticky,

Hopfully people will read this before they start posting rubbish / low res pictures,

Adz

Quote:
Adz'z car is killer hot
Old 16th February 2009, 18:00   #10
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

I hope it is being read, threads are still popping up where by people have clearly not read it or taken note.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:36   #11
Adz
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyA View Post
I hope it is being read, threads are still popping up where by people have clearly not read it or taken note.

yeh i know what you mean mate, most of them are newbies, so let them get used to the site and then we will be well away,

it makes me laugh when people still done put up pics, its hard enough to get a p.s done when you have, let alone with out them lol

Nice sticky tbh mate

Adz

Quote:
Adz'z car is killer hot
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:43   #12
Lloydie
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Silver MK2 VTR 2000(W)reg.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Lloydie is on a distinguished road

Agree with everything thats been said. fair play
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:44   #13
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Sticky ftw
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 17:23   #14
xxtiny_vts_angelxx
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): sax-vts & BMW Compact
xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!

i hate the ones like this

i want my 1.1 saxo lowerd 30mm 40mm 50mm and try on its arse
i want 30mm drop with white s wheels
then 40mm with R wheels ohh in black
50mm with blue 106 rally tins
and last but not least on its arse with red bricks
and could you please do a R front bumper with a smooth boot and a red vt kit
i think thats it
Old 28th May 2009, 17:34   #15
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtiny_vts_angelxx View Post
i hate the ones like this

i want my 1.1 saxo lowerd 30mm 40mm 50mm and try on its arse
i want 30mm drop with white s wheels
then 40mm with R wheels ohh in black
50mm with blue 106 rally tins
and last but not least on its arse with red bricks
and could you please do a R front bumper with a smooth boot and a red vt kit
i think thats it
Why do you hate it? if thats ok to ask.

Is it because they never actually do what they asked to there own car?
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 17:48   #16
Jordysport
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Clio RS200 Cup, Twingo RS133, Triumph Street Tripl
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Jordysport has a spectacular aura aboutJordysport has a spectacular aura about

can you imagine the number of different combinations of the above, and to estimate the difference between 30 and 40mm is challenging. and bloody time consuming to about 20 shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
you're a cunt. welcome to saxp, no fucker likes you.
Jordysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 17:54   #17
xxtiny_vts_angelxx
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): sax-vts & BMW Compact
xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!xxtiny_vts_angelxx is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_G View Post
Why do you hate it? if thats ok to ask.

Is it because they never actually do what they asked to there own car?
in one hand yes they never do to the car what they ask
on here there has been a hand full of people do what was photoshoped of there car
i enjoy doing chops dont get me wrong but there is only so many things you can do to the likes of a 1.1 saxo lol
Old 1st June 2009, 23:06   #18
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

A lot of the requests are from dreamers.

There are also a fair few from newer people who seem to have not read this basic guide.

I think I'm not going to post in people's requests to read here anymore. It feels like its falling on deaf ears tbh.
Old 1st June 2009, 23:13   #19
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

they should get banned for Bumping silly requests!
Old 11th September 2009, 07:28   #20
Shanukes
Regular Poster
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf 2.8 VR6
Shanukes is on a distinguished road

i wish people would be more specific and be more helpful with their requests....i hate browsing round to find pictures of things they want to put on their cars...like "can you add standard mirrors to my car" or can you add vts alloys to my car" and they dont even put the picture themselves....
Shanukes is offline   Reply With Quote