Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 6th November 2007, 19:18   #1
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!
Default Earphone Ohm

Could someone explain to me Ohm's had a quick look at wikipedia and just went oevr me head. At work currently and had a customer moaning about some headphones and Ohms on one set being better than the other and didnt really know what to say tbh. Was going on frequency range on one pair being better. Cheers guys!
Old 7th November 2007, 18:09   #2
98silvervts
Regular Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Red 97 vts bought in june 2012 :)
98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
Could someone explain to me Ohm's had a quick look at wikipedia and just went oevr me head. At work currently and had a customer moaning about some headphones and Ohms on one set being better than the other and didnt really know what to say tbh. Was going on frequency range on one pair being better. Cheers guys!
power rating!!

Coffin Dodger
98silvervts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 10:02   #3
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

Quote:
You work in PCWorld you arn't expected to know anything about computers, just how to ripp some old people off into buying something by bullshitting and using technical terms haha
Old 8th November 2007, 10:07   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Ohms are not power rating.

Ohms are the unit used to measure resistance of an electrical component/circuit etc....

In relation to what your asking about sound then resistance plays a part. The higher the resistance of the speaker then the harder the source amplifier (be that an internal amp of an ipod or external in a house/car) has to work to provide it with power. This increase resistance effectively limits the power it can be given which in customer terms means loudness.

If the resistance is lower then the amp can supply more power to the speaker due to the lower resistance of the speaker. The knock on effect is the amp gets hotter and requires more power to run it.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 10:48   #5
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

So a 32Ohm earphone would be better than a 60Ohm speaker for example. Cheers Scott!

Daryl, unfortunatly im too honest to rip people off, i have a conscous(sp) I like to advice what i think is best and let them choose. Although many customers moan as i dont force them, and dont like it when i have to ask someone else for help. But i cant know every specification and what everything does for every product we have!
Old 9th November 2007, 00:03   #6
98silvervts
Regular Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Red 97 vts bought in june 2012 :)
98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light98silvervts is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Ohms are not power rating.

Ohms are the unit used to measure resistance of an electrical component/circuit etc....

In relation to what your asking about sound then resistance plays a part. The higher the resistance of the speaker then the harder the source amplifier (be that an internal amp of an ipod or external in a house/car) has to work to provide it with power. This increase resistance effectively limits the power it can be given which in customer terms means loudness.

If the resistance is lower then the amp can supply more power to the speaker due to the lower resistance of the speaker. The knock on effect is the amp gets hotter and requires more power to run it.
doh....

Coffin Dodger
98silvervts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 00:07   #7
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
So a 32Ohm earphone would be better than a 60Ohm speaker for example
it would be louder yeah, but not necessarily 'better' dude.

sound quality is more do with the materials chosen and design of the speaker assembly.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote