Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 15th March 2005, 05:43   #1
rustybolt
Infrequent Poster

rustybolt is on a distinguished road

Sort of following on from the CHAT thread, how about some sort of notification when someones just posted on a thread you've either started or just posted on yourself?

I know some forums send you an e-mail when someones posted on 1 of your threads, can this not be done someehow where it lets you know at the top somehow ie: private messenger, that someones just posted?

I enjoy this site a lot but forget which threads Ive posted on and end up searching all night for any replies. This would be a great addition to an already great site.

rustybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 05:47   #2
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

i also think this would be a good idea but on the other hand i dont mind looking through the forums as i can post on ones i may have missed!
Old 15th March 2005, 05:50   #3
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Project MK4 MoreDoor
iTrader Score: 31 (100%)
SaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team member

you can do this..
under the reply box.. "email notify me of replies"
SaxoAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 05:52   #4
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Yes you can.. but dont forget to unwatch topics...

And if you watch entire forums you may find yourself in the sticky stuff, as all bounced emails come back to me!

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 05:58   #5
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

oh yeah i forgot to mention that as i did know you could do that!
Old 15th March 2005, 06:16   #6
rustybolt
Infrequent Poster

where do you change this, in profile?

my idea was like MSN messenger pops up from your tool bar on the bottom to tell you someone has logged on or youve got e-mail.

If something like that could happen on this site to tell you someone has posted after you or on you thread it would save a chatroom that was suggested on the other thread.

hard to explain fully, do you understand??
Old 15th March 2005, 06:31   #7
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

SaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team member

when you reply. or start a thread and you want to be notified if and when someone replies..
click on the little tick box, under the reply box, marked: "email notify me of replies" and everytime some1 does, you will get an email to say so..
Just make sure you unckeck it if in a thread, for eg: in general chat where users are replying alot, as you will get spammed with ALOT of mail.
Old 15th March 2005, 06:44   #8
rustybolt
Infrequent Poster

see it at the bottom of this box, nice one. Does it reply every tim someone posts? if so you could get 100s if its a good topic!
Old 15th March 2005, 06:48   #9
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

yes it does, that exactly why you should remember to uncheck it ..
and for the reason Simo gave aswell.
Old 15th March 2005, 07:07   #10
rustybolt
Infrequent Poster

ah, missed that one