Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 11th February 2017, 15:09   #1
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk1 JP4'd VTR, '16 Fabia Monte Carlo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
jeffchiz is on a distinguished road
Default Jeffchiz's- S1 106 Ski *4 stud conversion*

Hi all,

While my saxo was waiting to have the bay painted i got a bit bored and ended up buying this s1 a few months ago. I have no use for it but always wanted one. Especially this 106 with long MOT and only 70k on the clock. Engine bay and arches all free of rust and bought it for £230! Being a Ski it comes as standard with the xsi/rallye front bumper. rallye fog blanks and xsi spoiler

Rear quarters have been spray painted for some strange reason.. no sign of accident damage, i pulled the rear door cards off and the metal is fine... I'll get this sorted in the future when the saxo is done

Sat on my drive for a few months then decided to play with it. I knew I wanted better brakes and tyres as the car was a death trap.
I planned on fitting my 15" steels with brand new RS2'2 and a set of 266's i had lying round. Pulled the hub cap off and was confronted by 3 studs!!
So plans changed to fitting 4 stud struts with vtr/s brakes so i could buy some 4 stud 13" steels so i could use the same hub caps, meaning i wouldn't have odd wheels and i wouldn't have to convert the rear...

So off to the scrap yard i went. Plan was very simple buy some 4 stud struts fit them with some 247's...

However I thought it was a good idea to not get 247's and fit my 266's as i was a long time at the scrappy and my partner was getting annoyed

So i got home fitted the struts and 266mm brake to the drivers side and fitted a spare 15" Oz alloy i had lying around...

The next day I thought id need some 14" alloys to fit over the 266's so bought some raptors off a mate, went to fit the second 266mm caliper to the drivers side and f**ked the thread where the flexi goes in but i noticed the car was wonky..much higher on the drivers side

so back off to the scrappy to get another caliper... couldn't find a matching caliper so ended up buying some 283's for £20! which rendered the raptors I just bought useless! I also bought a set of -50mm springs to try and settle the ride height and remove the massive arch gap on both sides!

So on went the springs, 283s and my 15" steels, basically redoing everything i have already done, bled the brakes took it for a drive and it felt much better. Very pleased with my self as i have never bled a brake before but was very easy especially with a hose with a valve on it meaning it cant suck air in with the nipple open. The car seems to have settled and looks good with the white steels.

Excuse the dirty wheels been on my saxo for 3 years and not moved anywhere

Just needs a 4 stud rear beam now. Id love to drop a cheap 1.6 8v engine in but the engine is so clean and all the rubbers look so clean and new it would be a massive shame to mess with it too much. Even after being sat over winter the car started up straight away idled fine etc so i think the 1.1 will stay, also it would be a good car for my partner to learn in I'll be happier with her driving it with better brakes and tyres

Last edited by jeffchiz; 11th February 2017 at 15:25.
jeffchiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 20:50   #2
chris1357
Regular Poster

Car(s): 206 Estate-207 Hatch-306 Cabriolet
chris1357 is on a distinguished road

Great price that, Rallye blanks are selling for around £100 nowa days..
I have 2 S1's as second cars both of which are staying around as there getting thinner on the ground now.
Any rot?
chris1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 21:26   #3
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1357 View Post
Great price that, Rallye blanks are selling for around £100 nowa days..
I have 2 S1's as second cars both of which are staying around as there getting thinner on the ground now.
Any rot?
Yea I've got someone wanting to buy it but I'm not fussed selling it even for a profit. I don't want to mess with it too much keep it maintained and road worthy

Nah no rot in engine bay just little spots of surface rust, rear arches are clean

Last edited by jeffchiz; 10th May 2017 at 15:22.
Old 10th May 2017, 15:34   #4
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore

I managed to get some time to get to the scrapyard and get some larger 4 stud drums and got them fitted, car is now finally on 4 matching wheels, also treated her to some new plates and brand new berlingo centre caps. Once the car is in use ill get some fresh wipers and better head light bulbs fitted. But at the moment it is not holding charge, I'm sure the battery is at fault and the alternator is fine.

In the future i want the side strips taken off and the rear quarters painted.

I also have a bit of knock at the front, i think it might be the driveshafts, I'm unsure as to whether the '3 stud' shafts (which are tapered) are a good fit with the 4 stud struts from a later 106 with tapered hubs. I assumed as they are both tapered they would fit fine but I have my doubts. The hub nut does not go on as far as i would like and I've got them as tight as they'll go.

Old 13th May 2017, 10:24   #5
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore

I've found out that the three stud drive shafts have a different taper on them compared to tapered 4 stud hubs so once ive got this dreaded bit of coursework completed i will get back to the scrapyard and pick up some shafts from a 4 stud get a fresh battery on her and get her insured and in daily use