Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 9th June 2017, 09:50   #61
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

henryvtr is on a distinguished road

Ad08r are a very good tyre, 1st you will struggle but 2nd whether your spinning or not pulls like a beast, 3rd is sweet.
Regarding the fiesta st I have come across a few so far, all have been shown French rear end lol.
Car must weight no more than 820-840kg, stripped with polycarbonate Windows , half dash and at minute only one corbeau f/g seat that weights 6kg lol
henryvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 13:39   #62
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

not sure why there was bitterness but yes its a good result from an 8v.. and jfi my 16v has 195ftlb and easily pulls from my st180 and my friends who are running mp215.

Henry if you have a scrapyard near you ask them if you can use the weight bridge
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamH For This Useful Post:
Old 9th June 2017, 15:43   #63
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

865kg with quarter tank half stripped, was last time on weightbridge a few years back, And a lot has changed since like I said above so a conservative estimate of 840 is fair lol. Will one day weight it again and hopefully not for scrap
Old 10th June 2017, 18:32   #64
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

Put some times in today, best I got was 14.13 @97.33 mph, Santa pod.
Not bad at all, clutch is still sweet lol
Old 11th June 2017, 11:37   #65
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

sounds good dude, were did you take it? saw some pics on facebook earlier but cant find them now ^_^
Old 11th June 2017, 14:35   #66
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

Santapod pal, it's the only place you can garantee it , no funny timing and good strip, in my eyes it only counts at Santa pod lol
Did consistent 14.1-14.2. So I no with a good start I could perhaps pinch a 13.9 but it would be hard to do twice lol
Old 11th June 2017, 21:16   #67
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

And the clutch sorted
Old 11th June 2017, 22:01   #68
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

Clutch and box are still good, done north Weald drag strip last week , only got 1 run gave up as was busy, then Santa pod this sat were I got 6 runs in and let my pal have a couple runs aswell he went 1st to 4th gear styled it out and still done high 16s lol. He launched we'll both times as he just held his foot flat lol.
I'm might start looking for a vts box as backup tho (vtr box at mo) as I'm not expecting it to take punishment like that forever
Old 12th June 2017, 10:45   #69
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

a good set of ratios and less weight will do wonders, look up DaveP's rallye, 12.7 with less than 200 bhp n-a.

i think it was near the 750 kilo mark at the time, maybe less, and a gripper dog box, almost on the limiter in 5th at the end of the 1/4
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 23:52   #70
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshpug View Post
a good set of ratios and less weight will do wonders, look up DaveP's rallye, 12.7 with less than 200 bhp n-a.

i think it was near the 750 kilo mark at the time, maybe less, and a gripper dog box, almost on the limiter in 5th at the end of the 1/4
He's gone even faster than that! it's broken into high 11 with it once I'm sure.
Old 13th June 2017, 17:45   #71
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

I have seen the car in question before, his gearbox prob cost as much as my build lol, hill climb or sprint car isn't it? I remember seeing pics of the interior, holes everywere lol propa bit of kit that.
A fella had a 106 at pod that Saturday which had a Honda turbo lump, words cannot discribe the build quality honestly amazed, runs 600hp on high boost lol , he had it on a lower boost setting and could even find grip with track tyres , was spinning over the line at 125mph and that was just the speed from a little squirt in 4th on the last 1/8th. I saw him do a 13 something as he couldn't get off the line at all really so shows how well davep car is setup if he bangs out 11s
Old 13th June 2017, 18:55   #72
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryvtr View Post
I have seen the car in question before, his gearbox prob cost as much as my build lol, hill climb or sprint car isn't it? I remember seeing pics of the interior, holes everywere lol propa bit of kit that.
A fella had a 106 at pod that Saturday which had a Honda turbo lump, words cannot discribe the build quality honestly amazed, runs 600hp on high boost lol , he had it on a lower boost setting and could even find grip with track tyres , was spinning over the line at 125mph and that was just the speed from a little squirt in 4th on the last 1/8th. I saw him do a 13 something as he couldn't get off the line at all really so shows how well davep car is setup if he bangs out 11s
It's custom ratios. Tops out around 120mph.

Still H pattern too!!
Old 14th June 2017, 09:34   #73
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
It's custom ratios. Tops out around 120mph.

Still H pattern too!!
just highlights the problems with turbo,s and front wheel drive --like the advert says "power is nothing without control "
that car boviously needs some proper boost control and hwy its better to have the power coming on smoothly and progressivly and not a big lump of it at low rpm like a switch ,cos once traction is broken its very hard to get it back .
always amazes me why people think fitting a light flywheel is good idea to a boosted car --just makes it pick up even quicker when boost comes on
Old 14th June 2017, 19:26   #74
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

The 106 at Santa pod was normally a track car he said. he was fettling with his traction control and launch control on every run, no doubt with abit of practice he would nail it.
It was good to see another frenchy anyway as these cars don't seem to make appearances anymore
Old 24th June 2017, 08:05   #75
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

Update for you all, re introduced the boost solonoid which is mapped via the emu det3, boost slightly increases as you can see in the graph to a peak of about 11psi, trying to be nice to the clutch but I really don't think it will last much longer lol, either way I have two maps so to speak as I can revert back to actuator pressure of the 9psi, 221ftlb and 197hp, not bad if I do say so myself
Old 24th June 2017, 09:39   #76
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Why the later spool? Lower EGT (maybe it's richer) or rpm/speed measurement different perhaps?
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 15:11   #77
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

The later spool ? If you mean why it creeps up slightly that is from the solonoid controlling it via the piggyback unit, I didn't want 11psi as a flat hit because I no the clutch will not take it. So instead the solonoid increases boost per 1k rpm ever so slightly to aid my mid range to top end without dramatically increasing bottom end power as this is were I'm told you can kill engines, ie big spike coming into boost. If I ran 11psi flat I'm sure it would break the 200 mark and the torque will be a little savage to say the least, although the fella who done it said that's a easy 200hp on the road as it is now. it was 25+ degrees on both the last mapping sessions so it's done well with the heat also
Old 24th June 2017, 22:47   #78
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Spool, the uphill bit as the boost is building.
Boost and torque (and therefor power) are all less then before.
Old 26th June 2017, 12:33   #79
henryvtr
Infrequent Poster

I don't no for sure but the mappers breif was, no more torque below the old peak to presserve clutch, perhaps he delayed it slightly or perhaps it was a result of re plumbing in the solonoid, maybe even be due to 25+ Degree heat on day. Didn't want to run 11psi flat as the torque will eat the clutch instantly we suspect.
Old 1st July 2017, 21:07   #80
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

But you do have more peak torque.... Where it occurs won't matter to the clutch.