Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 7th October 2017, 16:21   #1
Vinootje
Infrequent Poster

Vinootje is on a distinguished road
Default My Citroen Saxo 1.6 8V Phase 1

I am a proud owner of a Citroen Saxo Phase 1 with a 1.6 8V engine which i own for about 5 and a half months. I bought the car with about 178xxxkm on the clock. The previous owner had the car for about 2 or 2,5 years. He just used the car to drive from A to B. He did not really know what he was selling.

I bought the car on 21 April 2017 for €1000. The MOT expires on 05-04-2018 so no worries yet. According the numberplate the car weights 895KG, has a 1587cc engine which produces 65KW (88hp). After i bought the car i discovered the true potential this car has. Cornering is more than i expected and so is the accerlation. However i had some small problems which i know before purchase.

Things i did to the car (more visual than peformance):
- LED cluster
- LED footwell lights
- Citroën Logo lights when you open the doors
- Replaced the poor angel eyes which it already had with COB LED
- installed a remote valve before the rear muffler to drive around with more sound

Maintanance i had:
- new front tires
- new engine oil, and oil filter
- no documentation about when the timing belt was done so the garage replaced it for me

problem:
- car only came with 1 key
- had a aftermarket ebay alarm kit with remote starter from outside. Everything was connected except the power cable. previous owner never touched it. That means it was disconnected for atelast 2,5 years with probably a reason. i took the kit out because of the wireing was poorly done.
- some ticking noises while steering and driving.

Time for some photo's
Car has apex springs on the front

SuperSprint muffler

running 195 width tires

BSA ??? 15" rims with ventilated rear brake discs

Looks like a aftermarket manifold (4-2-1)

Came with green air filter's

The interior LED lights i installed

Citroën door lights

The stock angel eyes have their light source at the bottom. During daytime the angel eyes are not noticable

Replacing the stock rings with LED COB rings

This was the alarm kit i was talking about

After the alarm system was out

and a massive spoiler for extra downforce

Now i want to focus on some HP Gains. How can i do this with keeping my engine N/A ? i have no money for a turbo kit and i dont even know if my car is worth it for a turbo kit. I am no mechanic so i dont know much about cars.
Vinootje is offline   Reply With Quote