Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 23rd April 2017, 17:46   #1
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road
Default Rear boot panel replacement

Wanting to replace the rear panel behind the bumper due to rust as I think it would probably be less work to just replace the whole piece rather than try and patch it, anyway I'm looking at this one in the link but its saying it wont fit my car (mk2 vtr 02 plate)

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/prasco-2856105.html

does anyone know if there is actually a difference between this and other models? as I was under the impression they are all the same and this is a pretty good price for it.. and I'm getting pretty sweet at plug welds now haha

Last edited by Ben_SaxoForte; 23rd April 2017 at 18:05.
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:18   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

As far as I know they're all the same,even to the point that an AX panel may fit.Easy way to find out is go to service citroen get a free account & check the part numbers.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:22   #3
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo67 View Post
As far as I know they're all the same,even to the point that an AX panel may fit.Easy way to find out is go to service citroen get a free account & check the part numbers.
Yeah I thought the same like I know the Peugeot 106 rear panel is slightly different but can't see why a saxo would be any different as the rear ends are all the same, ill check out citroen service I forgot about that
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:33   #4
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Just realised that it doesn't have a part no on that site that I was gonna buy from but they have another one that's like £8 more that says its correct so may just go for that one maybe theres like a slight difference between bumper mounting bolts or something like that.
Old 24th April 2017, 12:04   #5
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Just so you know, the panel is a real pain in the arse to replace if you don't have the correct tools,like spot welders and spot weld drills.

Not saying it can't be done just a pain to drill then puddle weld and seal. Also all saxo panels are the same.
Old 24th April 2017, 14:20   #6
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

If you ain,t got the kit --get a quote from a bodyshop to do it-bit more involved than you realise i think
it includes tailgate slam panel as well from memory --could end having to repair floor panel as well if you changing it for rust problems
Old 25th April 2017, 17:09   #7
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Cheers for the replies, yeah I know it's not gonna be the easiest job, the plan is to drill out the spotwelds with the spotweld drillbits then get the new panel clamped into place and plug weld it back on if all goes well.. not really in a rush with it as I'm just taking my time rebuilding the shell but if it turns out too big of a job I guess I could always get it done somewhere else. Boot floor is fine its just the bottom of that panel that's rusted its not like major rotted but its thin and a few pinholes so I think the best plan is to just replace it as its an awkward shape to try and patch, just want to get the shell as clean as possible whilst everythings off it.

Last edited by Ben_SaxoForte; 25th April 2017 at 17:18.