Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 28th August 2012, 17:01   #1
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road
Default lomography / lo-fi

hello saxp

can anyone help me with lomography film? I’ve searched all over the internet but I can’t find anything. Since some of you gave me a lot of help in choosing my current DSLR I thought I’d ask your advice again I’m pretty new to photography, basically, my question is: do I need to use any sort of special film for lomography? I’m thinking of buying a diana mini camera. also, what iso film should I use? 400 seems the most common, and finally, so places still develop film? i think it shoots in 35mm.

inb4 there is a digital photography section of the site, this isn't digital photography
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 18:16   #2
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
hello saxp

can anyone help me with lomography film? I’ve searched all over the internet but I can’t find anything. Since some of you gave me a lot of help in choosing my current DSLR I thought I’d ask your advice again I’m pretty new to photography, basically, my question is: do I need to use any sort of special film for lomography? I’m thinking of buying a diana mini camera. also, what iso film should I use? 400 seems the most common, and finally, so places still develop film? i think it shoots in 35mm.

inb4 there is a digital photography section of the site, this isn't digital photography
The missus has a Diana camera and she loves it. You can do some pretty funky things with them!
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 18:33   #3
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoJay88 View Post
The missus has a Diana camera and she loves it. You can do some pretty funky things with them!
Yeah that's the one, is it just normal film or...?
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 15:32   #4
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
Yeah that's the one, is it just normal film or...?
In answer to your question, although I'm sure you've already found it judging by the date this was posted, 35mm film is what you're after for the diana mini.

eBay is pretty good, you can often get some good deals buying expired film / in date film too, just gotta keep an eye out for bargains.

400iso is what I use mostly in my film cameras. it's a little fast to use wide apertures in day light, but iirc the diana mini only has the options of F8 & F11, so you'll be fine low light shooting may come out underexposed though with fairly narrow appertures, even with higher iso film.

I considered buying a Diana mini, but realised I could get a film SLR for the same price / less (albeit without lenses). I also bought a canon AF35-ML film cam as my point and shoot for a 5er, which has provided some laughs (at how bad it is )
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender

Last edited by Ashleyp; 12th September 2012 at 15:36.
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote