Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 28th April 2013, 17:30   #1
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!
Default good compact camera?

Bored of my dslr now and just want a small camera. Any advice or recommendations?
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 17:40   #2
knight-22
Established Member

Car(s): mk2 vts, e36
knight-22 is on a distinguished road

Bored?

And do you mean like a compact system camera, or literally just a little digital thing?
knight-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 19:47   #3
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Sony Ericsson C902 had a decent camera, for a phone..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 21:04   #4
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

I cant be arsed with a big camera any more. Plus its broke, gona cost 100 to fix
Old 29th April 2013, 11:36   #5
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Depends on what you want it for baldy.
The new canon mirrorless might be a punt as with a small adaptor your EF lenses work on it
Old 4th May 2013, 11:37   #6
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

just dont know what to do mate
Old 30th May 2013, 17:15   #7
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

How big? and how much do you want to spend?

If you want something pocket-sized, then i'd strongly recommend Sony's W series, i've owned the WX1 and the WX7. Amazing cameras, quick turn on, quick focus, quality is outstanding for its size, 10.odd megapixel and full HD video - they have the exmor sensor too making the performance in low light levels really good. Everything you shoot has a gentle purple filter over it too. The WX100 is out now, its around 150 pound but worth every penny.

If you're looking for something higher level, but still small, then the best advanced compact i recommend is the FugiFilm X10. I have one myself (after a lot of research into them and other similar cameras) pound for pound value they can't be beaten. If i'm honest, i was a little let down by the picture quality, but the video quality is really good and its a very robust little camera. they're around 260/280 brand new i think - but i picked mine up ex-display for 210. So just keep your eye out.

If you want something better again, then the best bridge i've ever used is the Sony NX-5r. I've never been a fan of bridge cameras until i used this, its such a nice camera to use and does everything a DSLR does but half the size. you don't get the view finder and the range of lenses are limited, but for what it is, you can't really go wrong. A new NX-5r will set you back around 300ish, but you'll probably need a lens on top of that too since the kit lens isn't too great. so i'd budget for 400ish.

hope that was useful
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote