Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 20th June 2013, 11:20   #1
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Show us your kit..

Hi guys, thought it may be cool to have a thread where people can show their camera kit and why you bought that particular camera and accessories.

I'll kick things off with my own camera.

I bought a Nikon 1 system. I bought this primarily for its size. I had previously owned Nikon DSLR's and i started to find myself not taking them with me due to the size and weight.

The Nikon 1 offers everything a DSLR will do, in a very small, almost pocketable package with interchangeable lenses. Also what i was taking pictures of began to change, i found myself in situations where i would look at my heavy DSLR and think, why am i using this, its overkill.

I used to photograph motorsport events, hence the DSLR, but these days i do travel photography and general snapshots of family and friends. I really didn't need a DSLR for that. So i started researching for a new camera which would fit my needs and i decided on the Nikon 1 system after reading reviews from Craig Litten, Colin Steele and Steve Huff..

After seeing the praise these excellent photographers were giving the system i decided to buy one. Also i'm familiar with Nikon so it was a no brainer for me.

It came with a 10-30mm kit lens, that was adequate at first, but once i started getting more creative the lens became limiting. That brings me nicely to where iam today.

I purchased the 18.5mm (50mm equiv) f/1.8 prime lens and i was blown away with the results that are possible. Its all i use now, i like to keep things simple and if using nothing other than a 50mm lens was good enough for Henri Cartier-Bresson, then its good enough for me for my travels.

So to summarise:

Nikon 1 J1 in Black
1Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 prime lens
16GB Sandisk Extreme Class 10 memory card
Waterproof carry case tailored for the Nikon 1 with a shoulder strap

A nice lightweight, small package which is capable of incredible images. Mirrorless is the way forward
Old 4th February 2014, 15:51   #2
Saxman2014
L-plater
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 52 plate 1.1 Desire Silver flat arch
Saxman2014 is on a distinguished road

This is my kit, few bits left out like orb tools and torches, always growing my kit, currently loaning a sigma 28-135mm lens as I'm off to London fashion week on the 15th.

If you want to check my snaps out I'm on Facebook
Www.facebook.com/TomInsolePhotography

Tom
Saxman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 06:53   #3
Saxman2014
L-plater
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 52 plate 1.1 Desire Silver flat arch
Saxman2014 is on a distinguished road

So apparently my phone didn't want to add the image so here it is! lol
Saxman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 13:01   #4
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

Canon 50D + Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 at the moment

devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 21:32   #5
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

No pics of kit at the moment but I have the following kit.

Eos 50D,Eos 1dmk2n & the Eos 1dmk3 with the canon 400mm 5.6l lens & kenko 1.4dgx teleconverter.Also the canon 430 ex2 flashgun.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote