Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 23rd February 2022, 18:49   #1
Bodeka
L-plater

Bodeka is on a distinguished road
Default Quick n' Easy

I wanna get more into working on my car. I've neglected my VTR and it's time to put it right. Got a new back box after the pea shooter it came with rusted off and it renewed my love for the car. The guy at the garage jokingly offered to buy her, and it gave me motivation to give her some TLC.

So, given that my mechanical skills are somewhat limited. What are some quick n easy jobs that you can do on a Saxo (I'm sure this applies to most cars but let's breathe some life into the forum) that give you the most bang for your buck?

Fuck it, you can also speak about more expensive/time consuming things that you've done that were worth every second.
Bodeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2022, 10:44   #2
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

I can't recommend anything without pictures, or a list of to do things.

Quote:
quick n easy jobs that you can do on a Saxo
Sell it.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2022, 21:16   #3
Bodeka
L-plater

Bodeka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
I can't recommend anything without pictures, or a list of to do things.

Sell it.
Lol on the sell it. I'm quite young so it serves as a good shopping trolly right now. I'll get a s2000 in a year or so as the weekend car and keep this to get to work. I love this car too much as it's the first I got with my own money.

But yeah I was more speaking in general rather than problems specific to my car. Even shit that is good to do/check regardless of whether it's gone. Obviously not including the obvious oil change etc
Bodeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 08:57   #4
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

(Soz for late reply, not here as often anymore) If that was mine, number one thing I would do is unscrew the ECU and look under it if there's any rust. That's a classic issue on saxos... Nice and easy preventive thing to do, hammerite job.

Another thing I did on mine back in the day, was to remove all the interior trim and refit it all with dynamat and/or sticky carpet bits to remove all squeaks and rattles. I also bought a bag of clips for refitting, changed them all so it would be all nice and tidy. Then it's really nice to enjoy a squeak free interior.

While I did all that, I also changed all speakers. I did get a bit of a shock back then, when I found out all the speakers are cheap nasty plastic... I unplugged the rear ones and extended the wiring to fit much a 2 way system on the parcel shelf.

Last edited by Manu; 12th March 2022 at 09:27.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote