Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 21st October 2012, 10:57   #1
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about
Default Aly's 106 Diesel - Scrap yard visit

Picked this up yesterday,

Absolutely love it:

134,000 miles
3 Months Tax
4 Months MOT
Central Locking
Alarm
CD Player that doesn't work!

One thing it has got the nicest gearbox that I've felt on any 106 or Saxo not sure if the diesel boxes are different.

Just ordered some Goodyear UltraGrip 8 Winter tyres for it

Last edited by Aly; 14th September 2013 at 22:05.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 12:16   #2
jayline
Banned
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk1 flat arch
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
jayline is on a distinguished road

Slam it on s rims on the other hand looks great for a winter runner!
jayline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 12:27   #3
Dave_P
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Race: 106 Rallye 16v. Road: Mercedes Vito 120 CDI
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Dave_P is on a distinguished road

Good winter hack.

Do they run ok on bio diesel?

Last edited by Dave_P; 21st October 2012 at 12:35.
Dave_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 13:53   #4
mattknight1984
Established Member

Car(s): VW Golf GT TDi 170 BMW 320ci 1988 mk2 Golf 16v
mattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nice

Drive the mini all year round, dont be a pussy
mattknight1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 14:31   #5
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_P View Post
Good winter hack.

Do they run ok on bio diesel?
only with a bosch pump, which seems quite rare.
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 14:50   #6
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

I've only just noticed this thread got cleaned out lol, oh well I want it to get serious anyway.

I've had a bit of a nightmare, just before Christmas day my drivers side caliper completely locked on, luckily I bought VTR brakes off someone on here but I didn't have the bolts to fit them.

Tried everything to free the caliper off, bled it loads of times, took it apart cleaned it all out and lubed it all on, made it jam on even worse then I checked the brake pedal position, fine, took it for a drive could barely go over 30mph and it was smoking like a bastard.

Rung all the dealers and they said can't get bolts under after new year some bloke even had the cheak to say "well mate you got to realise it's a 15 year old car and parts aren't ready off the shelf" surely they stock bolts????

Anyway that was no good to me as I'm going to my grans tomorrow, so rung up Peterlee Scrappies, they had a black VTR so in the pissing rain and covered in mud I took the 4 bolts off they charged me £4.

So finally today set about fitting them:

First issue I found was the pedal had excessive travel even after bleeding them, so I've had to adjust the pedal a bit and feels great.

At first they were binding on a bit but took it for a bit of a blast and they feel great! Stopping power is a lot better they aren't jammed on anymore and these discs aren't warped unlike my old ones, oh and look how close they get to my little 13" alloys lols:

Not bad brakes considering I got them for free

Future plans are I'm going to get a new rear axle since mine is totally fucked now, to the point where I really shouldn't be driving it long distances and If I'm going to get a new axle I'm going to slam it just for a laugh since I think it will look quite ok on the tiny 13" wheels.

Thanks for looking
Old 28th December 2012, 15:05   #7
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

I bent a massive G clamp when trying to free up a caliper on my old 1.1 106. Somehow it had become seized and the piston wouldn't flow back into the caliper body, however when the bleed nipple was completely removed it would move
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 15:09   #8
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
I bent a massive G clamp when trying to free up a caliper on my old 1.1 106. Somehow it had become seized and the piston wouldn't flow back into the caliper body, however when the bleed nipple was completely removed it would move
Yeah what I did was I removed the bleed nipple and blew compressed air through it and pushed the piston back and cleaned it all out, but even after that it jammed on worse, what I think caused it is the rubber seal had split and I could see scoring on the piston. So either it's not compressing properly or dirt has got in and making it hard for it to move, gonna just chuck them in the bin, pieces of shit lol
Old 28th December 2012, 16:49   #9
jayline
Banned
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk1 flat arch
jayline is on a distinguished road

Glad they came in handy matey looks sweet on this!
jayline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayline For This Useful Post:
Old 28th December 2012, 17:03   #10
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
that would have been a blockage in the flexi hose, usually when they break down inside.
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 17:10   #11
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshpug View Post
that would have been a blockage in the flexi hose, usually when they break down inside.
after letting the fluid out of the caliper though it cleared it and the piston went back in. Must have forced the blockage out, though it had no trouble bending up a 12 inch forged G clamp, but then fluid isn't compressible so probably can see why!
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 19:12   #12
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayline View Post
Glad they came in handy matey looks sweet on this!
Yeah cheers Jay they are great!
I had to buy new pads but the discs were fine just bought the cheap Andrew page ones for £20. Even though I got standard pads the braking is sooooo much better over the standard calipers.

Everyone with solid discs should change to VTR calipers it makes such a massive difference. Well pleased
Old 28th December 2012, 19:17   #13
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshpug View Post
only with a bosch pump, which seems quite rare.
No, you can use bio diesel on any of the 1.4/1.5D diesel pumps.

You can't use SVO or WVO in a lucas unless it's filtered correctly, after it's filtered again it can go through any pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
I've only just noticed this thread got cleaned out lol, oh well I want it to get serious anyway.

I've had a bit of a nightmare, just before Christmas day my drivers side caliper completely locked on, luckily I bought VTR brakes off someone on here but I didn't have the bolts to fit them.

Tried everything to free the caliper off, bled it loads of times, took it apart cleaned it all out and lubed it all on, made it jam on even worse then I checked the brake pedal position, fine, took it for a drive could barely go over 30mph and it was smoking like a bastard.

Rung all the dealers and they said can't get bolts under after new year some bloke even had the cheak to say "well mate you got to realise it's a 15 year old car and parts aren't ready off the shelf" surely they stock bolts????

Anyway that was no good to me as I'm going to my grans tomorrow, so rung up Peterlee Scrappies, they had a black VTR so in the pissing rain and covered in mud I took the 4 bolts off they charged me £4.

So finally today set about fitting them:

First issue I found was the pedal had excessive travel even after bleeding them, so I've had to adjust the pedal a bit and feels great.

At first they were binding on a bit but took it for a bit of a blast and they feel great! Stopping power is a lot better they aren't jammed on anymore and these discs aren't warped unlike my old ones, oh and look how close they get to my little 13" alloys lols:

Future plans are I'm going to get a new rear axle since mine is totally fucked now, to the point where I really shouldn't be driving it long distances and If I'm going to get a new axle I'm going to slam it just for a laugh since I think it will look quite ok on the tiny 13" wheels.

Thanks for looking
Those are even closer than my 266's under my rallye steels! lol
MartinObviously is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MartinObviously For This Useful Post:
Old 28th December 2012, 19:28   #14
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
No, you can use bio diesel on any of the 1.4/1.5D diesel pumps.

You can't use SVO or WVO in a lucas unless it's filtered correctly, after it's filtered again it can go through any pump.

Those are even closer than my 266's under my rallye steels! lol
Yeah thats right Martin can run the lucas on bio. When I was in the scrap yard there was a saxo diesel with a bosch pump but cant be bothered with the hassle. Some people say you can run lucas pumps 70/30 to veg but some have still know to fail. I still get over 60mpg and i only put £40 a week in it so dont mind running it on diesel.
Old 28th December 2012, 22:01   #15
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Yeah thats right Martin can run the lucas on bio. When I was in the scrap yard there was a saxo diesel with a bosch pump but cant be bothered with the hassle. Some people say you can run lucas pumps 70/30 to veg but some have still know to fail. I still get over 60mpg and i only put £40 a week in it so dont mind running it on diesel.
Yeah the Bosch pump isn't worth the conversion, plus you need to add an ECU or the timing advance will be jammed in one position.

Unless you get the bastard bosch which is semi electric. no idea how that works
Old 28th December 2012, 22:35   #16
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Yeah the Bosch pump isn't worth the conversion, plus you need to add an ECU or the timing advance will be jammed in one position.

Unless you get the bastard bosch which is semi electric. no idea how that works
Are you sure? I thought all the diesels even the post 2001 all had no ECU's?
In the summer I might run mine 30/70 on veg and diesel just to see how it runs. Just don't want to risk killing the pump lol
Old 28th December 2012, 22:38   #17
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

Quote:
luckily I bought VTR brakes off someone on here but I didn't have the bolts to fit them.
Quote:
they had a black VTR so in the pissing rain and covered in mud I took the 4 bolts off they charged me £4.
I'm confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 22:41   #18
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
I'm confused
It's ok I'll explain, Asked for brakes on here in the Wanted Section.

Then Jayline sent me some for free but I had to pay the courier.

The brakes didn't have any bolts to fit them to my car so I had to ring Peterlee Motorsalvage and I went there to get the 4 bolts I needed.

That make things clearer for you?

Last edited by Alanapone; 30th December 2012 at 08:45.
Old 28th December 2012, 22:42   #19
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Talking

Quote:
Are you sure? I thought all the diesels even the post 2001 all had no ECU's?
In the summer I might run mine 30/70 on veg and diesel just to see how it runs. Just don't want to risk killing the pump lol
Nope, mine runs an ECU. the immobiliser is still on the pump though. so getting a new pump requires the matching key. unlocking a pump is a pain in the arse
Old 28th December 2012, 22:44   #20
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Nope, mine runs an ECU. the immobiliser is still on the pump though. so getting a new pump requires the matching key. unlocking a pump is a pain in the arse
Tell me about it when I changed the alternator mine locked on was a bastard to unlock, mines had a cheapy aftermarket alarm fitted that bypasses the original immobiliser somehow even though it's inside the pump

It's reliable as hell but it's a funny system they put into them, people on 106 Owners (ooops) claim you can crack them off and bypass them, don't know how you can do that on the Lucas since you can't open them.