Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 5th October 2016, 12:35   #1
operation-saxo
L-plater

Car(s): bmw X5 (daily) impreza powered 106 (project)
operation-saxo is on a distinguished road
Default What has happend to everyone?? saxperience, saxo sports club, 106owners, 106rallyefourm???

Hi all, (or i should say the very few who seem to still use this)

Haven't been on for years (around 2006) embarrassed to say im from the max power generation when big alloy, big sound systems and big bodykits where all the rage. Thankfully it appears everyone has moved on from that scene now.

Just wanted to say what has happened to everyone?? Been on all the other forums and there like abandoned ghost towns. No one is on and the latest posts are like from a year ago. This is the only forum that appears to be still going (just) with more then 2 people on and updates a day or so old. Back in the day you couldn't get a word in edge ways and all the 106/saxo forums where rammed full of updates and people.

I know people grow up and move on but i cant believe how dead all is now! I know the getting on abit now but saxo's and 106's are still popular. Im i missing somthing?

Cheers
H
operation-saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 13:35   #2
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

They're still popular H, but the cars are dwindling in numbers.

The activity is purely down to the rise of Facebook primarily, any chat etc from here has migrated to there with at least 5-6 groups that I I've seen catering to the Saxo, Saxo&106, French car owners etc with groups aimed at both chat in general and the buy/sell.

This forum still has its use though, Facebook can never match Saxperience for the sheer amount of topics about the cars, how to guides etc etc.
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 19:07   #3
operation-saxo
L-plater

Facebook will never be as good as a proper forum. I personally dont really use facebook much. In fact i normally avoid using it.
Old 7th October 2016, 04:09   #4
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Seem to be more people on facebook with saxo"s now,than on here..
sign of the times..
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 11:35   #5
9thomasson

9thomasson is on a distinguished road

106owners is even worse than this to be fair. There is still some activity on here and a lot a knowledge. From what I've found this is the best forum as I have a 106 gti. Used to be able to spend hours on forums. Now it's 10 mins at the most and you're back up to speed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
9thomasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 21:25   #6
operation-saxo
L-plater

Yep 106owners appears to be completely abandoned now. I use to be a big fan of saxo sports club back in the day but i dont think it exists anymore..
Old 7th October 2016, 21:30   #7
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

a lot of ssc went to shed and then that died down also...
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 02:35   #8
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Car(s): JuliustoogyJD
DaCrazyOne is on a distinguished road

Forums are going dead unless can keep with the times of fb integration too. GOt a few ideas for a place like this too but setting up places to be really good is tricky now with places like fb twitter Instagram n others. If saxp goes am gonna be lost without it. Seen sax sport club and even got a backlight with the logo built into the light from saxo sports club guess I got em a saxo that is x sports club lol.
DaCrazyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 11:51   #9
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Not to mention your average 17-21 year old these days isn't likely to buy a Saxo or 106, they would probably classify it as an old heap compared to a new Corsa / Fiesta / Focus which seem to be what a large proportion of young lads are driving about in now.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 13:51   #10
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

Old cars now, not iconic, not rare, rot bad and not very reliable when there gone they will be gone and as said most young lads would rather get a financed fiesta/corsa, my first car was a saxo and it was shit but was £70 with a full mot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 15:58   #11
operation-saxo
L-plater

Know what your saying and as daft as it sounds a bet a brand new fiesta's/corsa's are cheaper to insure then saxo's for young drivers aswell. I was offered about a year ago a mk1 saxo vts bog standed, low mileage, 2 owners from new , mint condition etc for around £600 and always though i should of brought it to dry store for another 10 years.
Surly they will be come rare and collectable at some point. It appears that the 106 gti's are already going up in price.
Old 12th October 2016, 17:15   #12
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

It seems in the last year to have really suffered. I think people are moving away from these as normal road cars so we have a lull until people start seeing them as weekend fun cars. Most of our sales are now motorsport related rather than road cars which is a shame in a way.

Kev
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 21:52   #13
griff_106
Established Member

Car(s): Daily: 2015 Juke 1.5dci Toy: 2002 106 Quiksilver
griff_106 is on a distinguished road

I've owned my 106 since 2010 and was on 106owners before it fell off a cliff and I jumped ship to here. Back in the day, you'd have a 15-20 car meet for the South East alone - you'd be lucky if there were half that at a meet with a modified car, let alone a 106.

I'm a car salesman for Nissan but know a guy who works for Vauxhall. He came up in a 1.2 Corsa (insert joke here) BUT to be fair, it was basically a VXR rep with gloss black wheels, flat bottomed steering wheel, acceptable interior and for something ridiculous like £149 a month with £149 deposit. With deals like that, you've got to ask 'Why wouldn't you?' It's a shame, but I guess that's life!

106 GTi Raptors, 60mm Spax Springs, GTi/VTS 247mm front brake setup for sale and more HERE! PM me for info if required!
griff_106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 16:43   #14
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

there have been some very good deals available for quite a while now, especially regarding small engined turbo-charged hatch backs that new/young drivers can finance and insure for next to nothing, those 3 pot fiestas and whatever GM do with the corsa etc.
Also stuff I still see a "new" car is old hat to kids nowadays too
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 23:37   #15
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

I was at the Promedade Stages Rally just gone in September, and in years gone by you might get 1 or 2 Saxo's enter. This year however there were a good 5 or 6 properly kitted out S1600 and VTS Saxo's entered, that were all very quick / competitive.

I also noticed a lower amount of 205 GTIs, historically the 1600 class used to be dominated by them. Where as now I think the Saxo is starting to take over. So while they may not become "collectable" I think they will be used more and more in Motorsport, as Kev said above ^
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.

Last edited by JamesR; 13th October 2016 at 23:39.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2016, 15:00   #16
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Car(s): JuliustoogyJD
DaCrazyOne is on a distinguished road

Is the ways am thinking to go @JamesR love me Saxo and on look out for another low milage UB naglated one like I have now and then turn one into a ralley off road or track car. Think once I get house sorted and own space to store and repair n do what needed gonna forsure get into some events as done a fair few track days and been very aggressive on time attskcs and races. Just need get back into the sport I once loved at weekends.
DaCrazyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 23:40   #17
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Don't realy see many saxo"s out n about on the roads now!!
only one or two by me aswell as my two..
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 09:23   #18
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

not suprised the 106 owners club died --was full of know it all --know bugger types that did most of posting.
you want sensible info this has always been the place to come andh ope it will be for a long time yet .
i feel the saxo is now geting into the "classic car era"
as it was really the last easily tunable car before the advent of fly -by wire and can bus etc .
which to modify rockets the costs

so look after those saxo,s the tin worn is thinning them out quickly
i see it as the next classic like the original mini is
still not much out there that will out handle a well sorted saxo / 106
long live the saxo
Old 15th November 2016, 11:44   #19
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Not really a Saxo fan as many of you will know, I bought one because I needed a cheap run about and hated every minute of it. However, if I could find a low mileage 106 Gti in decent condition I'd love to do a full nut and bolt restoration and garage it for 10 years. I'm sure an OEM tidy Gti would fetch some decent money in 2026.
Old 15th November 2016, 11:51   #20
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): 306 diesel shed broken vts
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
0rang3peel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdawayt View Post
Not really a Saxo fan as many of you will know, I bought one because I needed a cheap run about and hated every minute of it. However, if I could find a low mileage 106 Gti in decent condition I'd love to do a full nut and bolt restoration and garage it for 10 years. I'm sure an OEM tidy Gti would fetch some decent money in 2026.

shut up tom. you loved your saxo infact I've got a quote from the brummie times from you

"Quite possibly the ride of your life, comfort on par to the armchairs in the odeon,fantastic heaters that warm you to the core, a driving position suitable for the delivery drivers out there!"

Tom Holdaway