Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 24th March 2022, 01:54   #1
SwissairMD11

SwissairMD11 is on a distinguished road
Default First Saxo VTS

Olla,

I will get my first saxo ever. It's an 1.4 VTS in black.

Already planning a 1.6 8v upgrade since the engines are dirt cheap. Only thing is, ECU? What on earth will happen with an 1.4 ecu on a 1.6?

It's not my first car, in fact it's my 26th car. I own an Audi S4 B5, pulling engines, creating my own tunes with nefmoto and MPPS, reading/writing/replacing eeproms, I've done it all with Audi's. This Saxo is here to come for the fun, it will be standing next to my Audi S4 in the garage.

Does someone know if an 1.4/6 8v ecu single or 3 plug has a normal 4 legged eprom, so that I can unlock it or write the bin data to the new ecu if not unlocked? Or will the 1.4 ecu do good with a 1.6 even if it makes a little less power?

Thanks all!
SwissairMD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2022, 06:57   #2
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissairMD11 View Post
What on earth will happen with an 1.4 ecu on a 1.6?
Nothing.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2022, 00:12   #3
SwissairMD11

SwissairMD11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Nothing.
Great! It's already not driving, that means it will be even longer not driving
SwissairMD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2022, 18:38   #4
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Well that's the thing, sometimes the saxo parts are like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole I'm afraid.

Maybe have a read of this: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=369735

I am not sure if Predator still makes ECUs for vtr engines, but try and have a look at that, good luck
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2022, 20:23   #5
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

the 1.4 ECU will run the 1.6 no problem. The timing tables are similar.

You'd just have to be careful it doesn't run too lean at WOT, as obviously the ECU will inject a 1.4 engines worth of fuel instead of 1.6.

So if you've created your own tunes, for engines and no musical ones, then you should be fully aware of the effects of using an ECU tuned for a 1.4 engine on a 1.6.

just to make you aware, locked/unlocked ECU has nothing to do with the ability to read/write data to the ECU. When people refer to a "locked" ECU they're referring to the immobiliser.