Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 23rd November 2009, 20:05   #181
D--R--E--W
Saxperience Addict
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Super clean mk5 Golf Gti and 306 hdi
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
D--R--E--W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
love a lot of the disputes are from people who dont attend shows and go of the pics theyve seen not seeing the car in the metal
not saying this was aimed at me mate but i was at trax, traelled almost 400 miles to get there

James, i never really aimed what i said at the fact he got an award i was just merely stating the different colour bumper situation as i was defo not the only one that mentioned it at TRAX
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post
You are my best Scottish friend.
D--R--E--W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:18   #182
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D--R--E--W View Post
not saying this was aimed at me mate but i was at trax, traelled almost 400 miles to get there
So did a fair few others

tbh it's a case of look at the cars for details like the judges did
matts car has cost over 25k
still think it's not worth an award now??
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:31   #183
D--R--E--W
Saxperience Addict
Scotland Region Member

if he gets the bumper painted then yes lol iJokes
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:11   #184
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

as said on prev page he cant buy the paint anymore to get it painted
oh really.....
Old 24th November 2009, 07:29   #185
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Now now girls and boys pla nice or else this gets locked and deleted

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 17:40   #186
D--R--E--W
Saxperience Addict
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
Now now girls and boys pla nice or else this gets locked and deleted
I wasn't the one that started anything mate, i Clearly stated my opinion on something and i got jumped on for it
Old 24th November 2009, 17:58   #187
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

im the enforcer, how do you plead??

Old 24th November 2009, 17:59   #188
LEE_VTR1
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): RB RS 200
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
LEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team member

Guilty Sorry pred had to be said.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:00   #189
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

I knew youd say that

Old 24th November 2009, 19:38   #190
LEE_VTR1
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): RB RS 200
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
LEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team member

lols had to be someone tbh didnt it.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:19   #191
-Dan-
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Millenium Falcon
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice

TBH I don't think the whole awards thing is a major problem. Obviously D--R--E--W is entitled to his own opinion as to the best cars on the stand that day, no-one can take that away.

But what you also can't forget is that a lot of the work peiple put into their cars for that show was behind the scenes. I remember Willsy saying on one thread that he took the suspension legs off etc just so he could clean the arches better, and things like that.

Yes you are entitled to an opinion, and you are entitled to speak your mind, but there is also a point where freedom of speech infringes on other peoples rights too.

Peole who won the awards, won them fair and square, it was judged by independant judges who decided that on the day that certain cars were the best in a certain category.

Whether you agree or not is completely different to disputing something, voicing an opinion is acceptable but unless you are willing to judge next year and keep every single member happy, then saying 'this person or 'that person' shouldn't have won isn't.

Now lets get this thread back on topic.
-Dan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:24   #192
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
i like willsie's car just dont see why it won an award when it has 2 different colours of yellow on it(bumper being lighter than the rest)
So how does the colour match of the bumper have any effect on any of the awards?

Best modified - no relevance
Show and shine - no relevance

The original bumper was completely ruined by a company that towed my car somewhere without my knowledge during some engine work.

This bumper i bought shortly before the show season and ordered the correct paint- however, since the paint now is crap water based stuff it doesnt seem to have such a strength in colour than the old solvent based stuff (its actually got more layers of paint on it than the rest of the car has so thats just how bad paint is now (probably something that more people should bare in mind.

I will be having it resprayed ahain (and back to the original widemouth) but ill have to simply say match the colour rather than use the actual paint code.

Something which i couldnt afford to do before the show due to painting the interior and re routing the wiring, fitting carbon, getting new seats etc etc all of which i have done myself (with a few extra man hours help from some of the other lads locally)

The point of having the awards isnt just who can drop their car off to some mechanic, bodyshop, tuning place and have it come back weeks later and shout "TA DA!!" The point is actually picking out all the finer details and knowing whos actually put the time and effort in themselves to get the car to such a standard

I do pick up on other projects on the forum, but ill tell you now for example AlexB spends a ridiculous amount of hours doing his own work to his own car, as does the likes of LEE_VTR1 on his new Rallye (I could continue the list)

So when people have the nerve to turn up to a show and complain about a colour match on paintwork (When my car was first resprayed i actually did all the prepwork myself at the bodyshop under their supervision- this took about 3 weeks of all my spare time, in order to do a bit, learn a bit etc) when theres cars there that turn up dirty, have various bits of paintwork that literally did look like it had been done with tip ex, have bits of the car hanging off its very poor quality to some of the cars which have had so many hours work put into them.

I know for a fact that when judging cars SImo even goes as far as to check whether the inner arches are clean and the arch liners - thats how thoroughly the judging is done

Anyone can whip out a sponge, slap it on their car and say its clean, but it takes alot more if you seriously want to win awards.

DREW the above rant isnt aimed particularly at your comment, but it was an ideal one to comment on when there are always people who do slate cars and genuinely seem in disbelief why their heap hasnt been voted for
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
You being serious?

Why do we keep getting all these petty comments over awards that are meant to be a bit of fun? + Willsy's car IMO is by far and away one of the best on here.
Cheers Rey

Quote:
thats down to the fact he cant colour match as he can no longer use the type of paint tha car was painted in (solvent based) due to the eu being noobs
and the fact that a company destroyed his old front bumper towing his car like knobs

the level of detail to everything on his car is beyond what 90% of people on her would think about
hes even smoothed the inside of his doors now the car is stripped out and resprayed all of the interior then rebuit the car again
same in the engine bay all smoothed and repainted

the man hours on his car is beyond belief

i myself have even stood in the cold and dark in march helping him fit shinier bolts in his engine bay where the wings and slam panel are held on
Cheers Alex, much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
It's beyond frustrating, I've followed Willsy's progress since I first joined the site, and I love seeing how much effort he puts into it...

Its borderline pathetic
Quote:
Bang on imo
Just for the record i have never complained about any awards given.

And willsys car is awesome.

James
Quote:

James, i never really aimed what i said at the fact he got an award i was just merely stating the different colour bumper situation as i was defo not the only one that mentioned it at TRAX
Quote:
So did a fair few others

tbh it's a case of look at the cars for details like the judges did
matts car has cost over 25k
still think it's not worth an award now??
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan- View Post
TBH I don't think the whole awards thing is a major problem. Obviously D--R--E--W is entitled to his own opinion as to the best cars on the stand that day, no-one can take that away.

But what you also can't forget is that a lot of the work peiple put into their cars for that show was behind the scenes. I remember Willsy saying on one thread that he took the suspension legs off etc just so he could clean the arches better, and things like that.

Yes you are entitled to an opinion, and you are entitled to speak your mind, but there is also a point where freedom of speech infringes on other peoples rights too.

Peole who won the awards, won them fair and square, it was judged by independant judges who decided that on the day that certain cars were the best in a certain category.

Whether you agree or not is completely different to disputing something, voicing an opinion is acceptable but unless you are willing to judge next year and keep every single member happy, then saying 'this person or 'that person' shouldn't have won isn't.

Now lets get this thread back on topic.

Cheers for the comments everyone

My rant above isnt particularly aimed at any comments in particular (everyone is entitled to their opinions) but when theres so much questioning of awards from people who just turn up on the day looking to pick out faults etc they have to understand how much time and effort they put in themselves on these cars- its much more than a quick wash and a hoover that goes on in the leadup to these shows (and throughout the year rain or shine)

At the end of the day the awards are just a bit of fun.

And for anyone who does wish to question them then there is quite a few very good detailed progress threads which ill be happy to link them to

Ta
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 19th December 2009, 13:50   #193
D--R--E--W
Saxperience Addict
Scotland Region Member

As stated in a previous post this was MY own opinion although I was not the only one who thought this. I have also said in a previous thread that I like Willsy's car and meant no offence by it. I have had a look through his progress thread a couple of times and fully understand the amount of time and effort that has went into it and it is such a clean car.

As for being jumped on by certain members, this was NOT appreciated as I was merely stating an opinion which I thought was something that your able to do in this country.

SO... Since I am now aware of the rules that freedom of speech is taken from you on Saxp and as asked above can we get back onto the subject of this thread
The Following User Says Thank You to D--R--E--W For This Useful Post:
Old 20th December 2009, 20:03   #194
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
SO... Since I am now aware of the rules that freedom of speech is taken from you on Saxp and as asked above can we get back onto the subject of this thread
no i want to shout at you some more
oh really.....
Old 20th December 2009, 21:27   #195
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

Back on topic,

unsure on who's it is but looks nice and mean

Up The Toon
Jimmy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 00:50   #196
dispin
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Lexus IS300
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
dispin is a jewel in the roughdispin is a jewel in the roughdispin is a jewel in the rough

dispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:16   #197
RJohnson
Regular Poster

Car(s): 00' Saxo VTR
RJohnson is on a distinguished road

Didn't spot one gold sax
I think sean's should be up here but don't know how to link it
Some very very nice saxo's there though
RJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 09:45   #198
Shanukes
Regular Poster
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf 2.8 VR6
Shanukes is on a distinguished road

Best looking Saxo for me, credit to its owner

Shanukes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shanukes For This Useful Post:
Old 11th January 2010, 19:18   #199
scotthep
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
scotthep is on a distinguished road

Ricky-p isnt it ?

Car looks quality !
scotthep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 19:20   #200
VTRacer
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk1 westie, mk2 vtr
iTrader Score: 73 (99%)
VTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud ofVTRacer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthep View Post

Ricky-p isnt it ?

Car looks quality !
tipsys i believe

TEAM8V
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaryvtr View Post
Yeah Chris, because you have to pay girls to talk to you and your skint aren't you?
VTRacer is offline   Reply With Quote