Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 14th December 2012, 11:39   #1
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!
Default A guide to budget audio: take 2.

For those interested, this was the first "guide to budget audio" - http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=214641

Now, to bring it up to date. I've noticed just a couple of types of thread, most can be answered with this thread here.

Coaxial speakers:

A lot of people want simple plug and play speakers, in which case, I'd suggest these JBL GT5-502

Component speakers:

Every man and their dog with a saxo wants to upgrade their speakers, but often a big budget is not there these days, and so for decent sound quality for the price - I'd reccomend these JBL GTO 500C

If you've got a little more bank to spend, let's say up to £100 - I'd suggest either these DLS components

Alternativly, these Hertz offer a nice warm sound

Amplifiers:

A nice simple amp, I don't see too many people in search of them these days, however if you want to amp your front speakers to get their full potential, then i'd suggest this JBL GT5 A402E or this JBL GTO 752

Rear speakers:

I'm not really into rear speakers in a small cabin, but they can be useful for fill. If you feel the need to upgrade your rear speakers. I'd suggest something like these 10cm JBL CS-4

Personal preference, but before upgrading the rears, I'd personally prefer to go through this small checklist first:

- Upgrade the front comps (if you've not done so already)
- Sound deaden the doors behind the front speakers
- amp the front speakers.

Sub & Amp packages:

Most people don't have big money to spend on this, if this is you, but you want some bass - check out this JBL GT5 package

Other accessories:

Sound deadening for doors - http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3051.html - this is enough to do behind the speaker basket, and around the speaker mount for both doors

sound deadening for the boot: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3049.html - this is probably enough for the boot of a saxo. Yeah, it's expensive. No, filler foam / egg boxes / any other cheapo bodge won't do the job.

wiring kit: this is overpriced in my opinion, but just an idea as to what you should look for - http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/1008.html 8-gauge or even 4-gauge wire is fine for the products listed above. some smaller amps don't accept 4-gauge wiring, which is why I linked to an 8-gauge kit

Problems with installs

9 times out of 10, problems with audio are down to poor wiring - check your wiring before starting a thread.

Notes

- You can get cheaper equipment second hand, and probably better equipment for for the money, I'm simply suggesting a range of decent but low budget products from brands that i've had experience with

- Read the stickies before posting, there's so many good guides by other members offering advice on power, equipment, instalation etc.

- this is not a definitive guide, and i'm not claiming it to be. I've simply seen numerous threads which result in the same few items getting reccomended, those items can be found in here. there are alternatives, but as I say - this is a guide to basic audio equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender

Last edited by Ashleyp; 14th December 2012 at 11:45.
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashleyp For This Useful Post:
Old 14th December 2012, 11:55   #2
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

happy to stick if you wish? Though stuck threads seem to be ignored...

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 11:57   #3
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

It's up to you dude!

Annoyingly, I'm sure it'll get overlooked even if it was a sticky - hopefully someone finds it useful though
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 14:56   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

stuckered anyway

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:53   #5
Ph1VTR

Car(s): 98 Amazon Green VTR
Ph1VTR is on a distinguished road

Probably a silly question but how do you go about fitting sound deadning to the doors and boot, also where is the best place to mount the tweeters in the component speakers you mentioned?
Ph1VTR is offline   Reply With Quote