Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 8th August 2010, 14:39   #1
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Integra DC5R & VTS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold
Default Saxo alarm disable/ ultrasonic removal guide

As the original guide has gone missing and you need to be a paid up member on 106 Owners to see theirs, here's my attempt. I did this on my 3 plug VTS, but I'm pretty sure the earlier single plugs will have the same setup.

As you'll probably know, the standard Saxo alarm has a habit of going off for no apparent reason. However, if you press and hold the button on the dash to disable the ultrasonic sensors (there's one on each side in the car, top of the A pillars) and then lock the car as normal using the fob, the alarm behaves itself. If this is the case, the ultrasonic sensors inside the car are faulty.

Pressing the button on the dash every time you leave the car gets a bit tedious. There's a few ways of 'solving' the problem:
- buy and fit some new ultrasonic sensors.
- "disable" the alarm completely.
- disconnect the ultrasonic sensors.

If you look under the dash at the passenger side of the car, you'll see a black box which is held in place with a leather strap. If you want to "disable" the alarm completely, disconnect the circled connector. Now when you lock/ unlock the car using the fob, the central locking will work, but it will never arm/ disarm the alarm.

Please note: with this connector disconnected, the alarm may automatically arm itself if you disconnect/ reconnect the battery. If this is the case, you'll need to plug the connector back in, disable the alarm using your fob (i.e. unlock the car), then remove the connector again.

If you want to disconnect the ultrasonic sensors, you'll see two black wires heading into the bottom of the connector, each with two wires inside. Mine had blue tags around them with 'Texton' written on. Get yourself a small flathead screw driver, lift the brown lugs on the connector and pull the 4 wires out the bottom of the connector.

With the 4 ultrasonic wires removed from the connector, plug the connector back into the black box. Cable tie the ultrasonic wires out the way.

Now you can lock the car as normal with the fob and the alarm won't go off randomly... unless someone tries to gain entry through the doors, lift the bonnet, tamper with the battery etc.

Any questions, just holla.

Last edited by Liam_; 8th January 2012 at 19:27.
Liam_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam_ For This Useful Post:
Old 27th September 2010, 13:02   #2
jimbo88
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): VTS - Sold New: E46 M3
jimbo88 is on a distinguished road

Great guide!
Did this at the weekend - no problems at all.
Thanks
Jimbo
jimbo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo88 For This Useful Post:
Old 27th September 2010, 17:59   #3
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore

Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo88 View Post
Great guide!
Did this at the weekend - no problems at all.
Thanks
Jimbo
Glad you found it useful jimbo.
Old 8th November 2010, 12:25   #4
Chico999
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 2000 Wicked Red VTS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant future

Thanks mate, gonna do this now. Just had the police at my door because of it lol!
Chico999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 22:54   #5
brosnan
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): BMW X5 4.4 PETROL
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
brosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant future

Absolutly amazing...I want new alarm but ££ wont allow... Thanks mate..

The button on the dash does not seem to do anything in my 01 vts... so i will unplug the sensors and see how i get on. (hope that the problem, sounds like usually is)
brosnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 23:12   #6
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosnan View Post
Absolutly amazing...I want new alarm but ££ wont allow... Thanks mate..

The button on the dash does not seem to do anything in my 01 vts... so i will unplug the sensors and see how i get on. (hope that the problem, sounds like usually is)
No worries.

You need to press and hold the button on the dash until the alarm light goes a solid red. Then you can lock the car as normal. Much less hassle in the long run disconnecting the interior sensors though.
Old 9th November 2010, 10:05   #7
brosnan
Established Member
South East Region Member

brosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant futurebrosnan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeumH View Post
No worries.

You need to press and hold the button on the dash until the alarm light goes a solid red. Then you can lock the car as normal. Much less hassle in the long run disconnecting the interior sensors though.
The alarm light on far left button (above cd player) is always solid red when driving!? is that okay.. I certain that button does nothing!!! or not connected properly.
Knowing all this can i still just unplug the sensors as you showed?

cheers bud
Old 9th November 2010, 17:25   #8
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore

Strange - that alarm light should only be on when the car is locked (the light should flash to say the alarm is on). I guess the alarm must still be working if it goes off after you lock the car?

Unplugging the interior sensors is worth a try. If that doesn't work, you could always just unplug the connector circled in picture one and do without the alarm - central locking will still work.
Old 12th November 2010, 13:56   #9
brosnan
Established Member
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeumH View Post
Strange - that alarm light should only be on when the car is locked (the light should flash to say the alarm is on). I guess the alarm must still be working if it goes off after you lock the car?

Unplugging the interior sensors is worth a try. If that doesn't work, you could always just unplug the connector circled in picture one and do without the alarm - central locking will still work.
Done the second option for now, nice easy open and close!!
+ dont have the red light flashing at me whilst driving!!
cheer bud
Old 25th November 2010, 11:17   #10
Psycho18
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 White VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Psycho18 will become famous soon enoughPsycho18 will become famous soon enough

Still can't figure out how to actually get the wires out of that connector. Hard to see under the dash.
Psycho18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 17:47   #11
dreddnought
L-plater

Car(s): Mk1 vts 99 t
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
dreddnought is on a distinguished road

top thread ile be on this one on my tommorow.................
dreddnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 18:46   #12
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho18 View Post
Still can't figure out how to actually get the wires out of that connector. Hard to see under the dash.
Get yourself a torch.

Each pin is held in by a brown plastic tab, just lift the tab with a small flat head screw driver and pull the wire out the connector.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam_ For This Useful Post:
Old 25th November 2010, 18:53   #13
Jim-Bob
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region Member

Car(s): Looking for a 205...
iTrader Score: 52 (100%)
Jim-Bob will become famous soon enoughJim-Bob will become famous soon enough

My sensors are definitely getting unplugged now!

Have the non-alarm pod 106 A pillar trims so they wont fit anyway...can be evicted all together now i know how!

Great guide mate!

(Should be an easy job with no dash in too )

James
Jim-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 11:51   #14
Saxotim
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 172 Cup, Mk2 VTR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Saxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant futureSaxotim has a brilliant future

great guide. about to disconnect mine now after having it go off 5 times in 10 mins when i got it back here :Y:
Old 25th February 2011, 19:11   #15
danny-vts
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): dead vts. twisted 106 gti. '03' vtrrrr
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
danny-vts is on a distinguished road

wondered what those things were on the A pillars, my alarm is disconnected anyway, so going to take it all out.
The smurf vts R.I.Pieces
danny-vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 18:25   #16
piranhamatt
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Clio 172 Cup
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
piranhamatt is on a distinguished road

Cheers for this. Gonna do it tomorrow and prob replace with standard pillars
piranhamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 03:04   #17
cals

cals is on a distinguished road

Happy Days owned my VTS for 4 days and havent had a full nights sleep since as the alarm just randomly keeps going off!! lol
cals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 00:17   #18
SaxoJamie
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 2x 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team member

Need some help doing this on my 106 GTi. I have the alarm wiring unplugged from the contol box so I can use cental locking without alarm sounding every 2 mins but there is no "tab" to pull out of the connector block to remove the sensors from the wiring? Should I just cut the 4 wires to the sensors? The reset button that is usually mounted on the cowling above the ignition is also missing. Do I need this button if I disable the ultrasonic sensors. Here is a pic of the wiring would really appreciate some help.

Last edited by SaxoJamie; 6th January 2012 at 00:20.
SaxoJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 10:12   #19
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore

Cutting the four wires should be fine mate. Once the sensors are permanently disconnected, you won't need the disable button anyway, so no worries there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam_ For This Useful Post:
Old 7th January 2012, 00:29   #20
SaxoJamie
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 2x 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team member

just to double check , it is the 4 wires nearest to my fingers?

The wires have a yellow tag wrapped around them.
SaxoJamie is offline   Reply With Quote