Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 29th August 2016, 01:11   #1501
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Seen few trailers this weekend,but nothen caught my eye..
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 12:42   #1502
odavidrodrigues

odavidrodrigues is on a distinguished road

How much does your car weight ? Great great track toy
odavidrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 21:40   #1503
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by odavidrodrigues View Post
How much does your car weight ? Great great track toy
It was weighed a while back at 840kgs, I need to get a bit more weight out and reweigh it soon. I'd love to get it sub-800kgs for what I'm doing with it now.

I haven't got much to report really as I have been crazy busy with the JSCC car. I have entered into the longton and district speed series again this year and I am going to compete in all bar the first 2 rounds which are a double header weekend at Anglesey just due to time and costs. I can get entered into the bulk of the races over the next month and I'm really looking forward to getting out and pushing harder this year.

I'll try and get a bit of an update sorted asap.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alanapone For This Useful Post:
Old 10th October 2017, 20:52   #1504
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

I guess seeing as I'm on here having a nose about, I'd best put up a bit of an update really.

Well, This year hasn't really gone to plan... but then, when does it ever!?

The car hasn't really changed any since the last post other than Sam at RMWDecals sorting me some better stickers for it. I ditched the 15" wheels and have decided to stick to 14's with the A048's as they seem to be a bit stickier from cold. Other than that, the car is exactly the same... not for long though. During the off-season, I will be setting to work stripping out as much weight from it as possible and pulling the engine for a rebuild with added fasts.

Any way, The plan for this year was to get to every one of the sprints... As you can tell, this didn't happen but I did make it to a couple. I did as well as I expected but due to the mods I have done to the car it means I am in a class where the guys i'm running aginst are running pretty well spec'd out cars with more power, diffs, less weight and WAY more experience. While I know that this has only ever been a budget track car, it's a bit disheartening to be 10seconds plus slower than someone in a car with the same size engine etc.

So, If you can't beat them, join them... The plan is to upgrade the engine and gearbox as and when I get time to work on it and money to throw at it. I have a JP4 lump that I am going to bastardise and mix with bits from my current J4. I also picked up an S2 XSi box a while back that I will try and get fitted with a diff. Once thats all done, ill be able to at least get it all back in the car and running while I save up for some bodies and management. While thats being done and I get time but have no money, I can work on making the car lighter. There is a little bit of welding that will need doing to keep on top of the shell but mostly, I'll be taking weight out. The sunroof is still in as are the glass windows which will all be swapped out for plastics. I'll be trying to find a spare mk1 wiring loom to try and strip so I can run the stock setup with as little weight as possible.

All this will be going on while me, Sam, Mike and Dan try to get MADE Motorsport running properly.Thats another thread entirely but the brief story so far for those that are interested is that After Luke went from the JSCC to the Ginetta Juniors after the first race this year, we kept attending the racing and helped out where we could. We seemed to be very well recieved and have not only helped out many drivers when they needed help we also helped one driver get back on the circuit after he blew up his very expensive race engine... Mike and Dan went to my house to pick up our spare engine, we worked on getting the lump in and running and by 2am I was in bed... the next day, the driver not only made it out but got his highest finishing position to date.

We also helped out another driver who with our help got him further up the grid than he ever tought he could get. Were hoping to get a support deal setup with him for next year. We think he will be good enough next season to be on the top step all year. We also have a newcomer to the championship talking to us about getting us to support him as well... this would be really good as we can then use the setup info we get from the older driver to make sure the younger driver works up to the top step the following season... total domination hahaha.

Anyway, enough of the racing stuff... If you want to learn more or keep up to date with whats going on, its easier to head over to Facebook and search for MADE Motorsport. We are also on twitter and Instagram as well as at mademotorsport.com

We are also able to supply parts and accessories... No were not cheap due to not having the buying power that tweeks etc has but were eager to help people out as much as we can adn any profit we do get, goes straight into getting the team set up and then after were all set, it will be donated to the NorthWest Air Ambulance, an organisation that is very close to my heart... as it should be to anyone using the roads or tracks of the north west.

Anyway, I think thats it for now. I really do want to try and get back into the habit of updating this but with not much going on with the car, it's tricky to do. I'll try though.
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alanapone For This Useful Post: