Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 14th February 2009, 23:30   #161
Badgersport
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 xsi 16v, Fiesta Tdci
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Well today i went to Stoke on Trent to collect my raceland manifold from Stingray1987 (Top chap!! Thanks for holding the manifold for me)

This manifold i hope represents my xsi staying 8v. I will also be complementing the Raceland 4-2-1 Manifold with a Supersprint Race system.

Also today i managed to aquire a K&N filter for free.

I did a service on a 306xs and the woman decided she wanted the standard airbox back on and wanted rid of the K&N so i asked her if she minded if i used it rather than chuck it in the bin. She didn't really care.

Ste
Old 15th February 2009, 09:03   #162
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Nice one pal, its going to have some nice power this motor

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 11:19   #163
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

few nice updates man slowly getting a good little spec
im assuming from the spend you got a job now?
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 13:43   #164
tazmania_0345
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo/1.1 X - Dead Saxo/1.4 Westcoast - Dead Saxo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
tazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant futuretazmania_0345 has a brilliant future

nice updates ste ,
tazmania_0345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 18:54   #165
Badgersport
Established Member

Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
Nice one pal, its going to have some nice power this motor
Cheers Josh! The power should be nice once i've decided on a full spec of what engine etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-VTS View Post
few nice updates man slowly getting a good little spec
im assuming from the spend you got a job now?
Thanks Alex. Spec should improve i hope. Unfortunatly still looking for a job but the manifold was a steal so couldn't miss out on it!! Once i've got a job big plans should take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmania_0345 View Post
nice updates ste ,
Tazzzzzzzzzz! Whats going down? Where have you been hiding?

Ste
Old 15th February 2009, 19:16   #166
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgersport View Post
Thanks Alex. Spec should improve i hope. Unfortunatly still looking for a job but the manifold was a steal so couldn't miss out on it!! Once i've got a job big plans should take place.
ah right man
hope you fid something soon
i wanna see these big plans
oh really.....
Old 15th February 2009, 23:22   #167
stingray1987
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
stingray1987 is on a distinguished road

looking good mate i like the wheels, i not much on the bonnet raisers but that just my opinion.

love the car dude bet it goes like stink.
well glad ur happy with with the manifold ullhave get some pics up after its on .
they look sexy when the engines on they turn a pinky colour
stingray1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 22:53   #168
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
ah right man
hope you fid something soon
i wanna see these big plans
Yea me too! Getting really bored at home. Only so much i can do on the cars for free or cheap really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray1987 View Post
looking good mate i like the wheels, i not much on the bonnet raisers but that just my opinion.

love the car dude bet it goes like stink.
well glad ur happy with with the manifold ullhave get some pics up after its on .
they look sexy when the engines on they turn a pinky colour
Thanks mate! The bonnet raisers have now been removed, prefer the look of the bonnet in standard form now. Only driven the car about 15 miles but in that time it goes pretty well for a 1400cc. Will hopefully have the manifold fitted tomorrow so will get pics up. I loved my raceland manifold on the vts and i sold that last week so had to buy this for the xsi.

Cheers Ste
Old 16th February 2009, 22:56   #169
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgersport View Post
Yea me too! Getting really bored at home. Only so much i can do on the cars for free or cheap really.
come help me do mine lol
its great when you happen to have a cammed engine lying about you can put to use lol
oh really.....
Old 18th February 2009, 14:00   #170
Badgersport
Established Member

Yesterday i got the Raceland manifold fitted. Whilst i was under the car i also fitted ther x-sport Gear linkages.

I have driven it up the road and it seems to rev a bit more freely.

Also here is a quick snap of the K&N i got for free

Ste
Old 18th February 2009, 21:29   #171
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

not bad mate

get a feed just for the cold air
oh really.....
Old 18th February 2009, 22:31   #172
STEBTECH
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): EM1 civic vti
STEBTECH is on a distinguished road

Bring on the track slag mate good work!
STEBTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 10:16   #173
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
not bad mate

get a feed just for the cold air
Cheers Alex. I only chucked the filter on temporary. I'm trying to source a xsi airbox incase i don't like the K&n

But i will wang some cold air feed on there, see what i think to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEBTECH View Post
Bring on the track slag mate good work!
Haha cheers mate. Its getting there. Starting to sort out niggly problems now. Hope to have the car insured and taxed April.

Ste
Old 19th February 2009, 12:23   #174
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Looking good Ste, although im not a fan of those X-sport linkages, the standards have rubber in them for a reason

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 17:18   #175
Badgersport
Established Member

Cheers Josh. I understand what your saying. I have still got the standards incase i want to go back at anytime.

Today the weather was nice so went outside and painted the calipers on the xsi. I decided on some hammerite smooth which i used on my vts. I am just sorting out little niggly things that mount up. When the vts sells i will be using the xsi for a daily driver for a bit........i can't wait!!

While i was there i decided to tigerseal the arch back on as it was coming away

Thats all for today

Ste
Old 24th February 2009, 17:23   #176
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

any idea what the weight difference is between manual and electric windows?
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 17:29   #177
MR_N
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
MR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of light

On the left side of your inlet manifold/throttle bodie was there another breather hose? Wondered as it looks like youve got the same sort of engine as me (i.e. ht leads, same rocker and throttle bodie) Ive got one and really didnt know where to hook it up to so i just stuck a breather filter on the end and cable tied it to the scuttle

FCS 2011 SPECIAL AWARD - TRAX 2011 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - FCS 2012 SHOW AND SHINER WINNER - TRAX 2012 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - TRAX 2013 BEST SAXO
MR_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 19:55   #178
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsvts View Post
There is some weight difference i didn't weigh them at the time of fitted but....i will pull the manual back out tomorrow and get both manual and electric regs weighed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_N View Post
On the left side of your inlet manifold/throttle bodie was there another breather hose? Wondered as it looks like youve got the same sort of engine as me (i.e. ht leads, same rocker and throttle bodie) Ive got one and really didnt know where to hook it up to so i just stuck a breather filter on the end and cable tied it to the scuttle
I have 2 pipes coming from the left hand side of the inlet manifold. I believe the one is a breather and the other is to control idle. Both pipes were plumbed into the original airbox and on the K&N they are also both used. But i used can't see any problems using a filter on the hose.

Cheers Ste
Old 25th February 2009, 17:03   #179
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsvts View Post
Hey Williams

I went and removed a manual window today. Here are the weights:

Electric window regulator = 1.250kg each (Not including wiring and switches)
Manual Window Regulator = 750g each

So over the 2 windows by going manual you are saving 1kg

Ste
Old 25th February 2009, 17:12   #180
MR_N
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
MR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks mate, one of them is the airflow meter that ive attached to my induction pipe. The other breather is just sat there with a filter on the end. Been running fine for about a year.

FCS 2011 SPECIAL AWARD - TRAX 2011 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - FCS 2012 SHOW AND SHINER WINNER - TRAX 2012 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - TRAX 2013 BEST SAXO
MR_N is offline   Reply With Quote