Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 7th August 2010, 10:32   #1
-Dan-
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Millenium Falcon
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice
Default Using 1 plug sensors and 3-plug loom with a JP4

I know it's advised that it's much easier to get the correct engine and loom type when doing conversions, however I just wanted to see if I could do the following.

If were to get a single plug J4 lump (which are much more common than triple plugs) and the loom/ecu from a 3-plug (which is what mine is), how much work is involved in getting them to work together with the JP4, considering all the sensors and everything need to be adapted/bolted on from the J4 to the JP4 (and will therefore be single plug setup) but the loom will obviously be the 3 plug setup.

I know this has likely been covered, but as usual the search function being utter gash didn't turn up anything worthwhile, so yeah - sorry if this has been covered before.

Last edited by -Dan-; 7th August 2010 at 10:36.
-Dan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 22:22   #2
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

you will still need a single plug loom to use the plug connectors from, i have used some single plug sensors spliced into a 3 plug loom with no probs.
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote