Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 24th February 2011, 09:47   #1
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!
Default iPad 2 announce date

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02...nt_on_march_2/

will be interesting to see whats released

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 09:51   #2
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

agree, hopefully be able to stream it on the iphone again... see what they talk about.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 20:19   #3
PJN
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk7 Zetec S
PJN is on a distinguished road

From the looks of it, it looks like this is going to be more like "iPad 1.5" than 2 as there saying a new ones due later in the year, with a Retina Display and an SD Slot.

To be honest as long as it has Facetime camera's, then I'll probably get one.
PJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 20:35   #4
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJN View Post
From the looks of it, it looks like this is going to be more like "iPad 1.5" than 2 as there saying a new ones due later in the year, with a Retina Display and an SD Slot.

To be honest as long as it has Facetime camera's, then I'll probably get one.
This will be the only iPad this year and although its being announced now it wont be released until around summer or maybe even later. I am thinking of getting one for Uni in September.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 22:01   #5
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

State your source?

From what I have gathered so far the theory of iPad 1.5 could be right. Retina display would be supported by the new mobile amd quadcore cups not due for release til sept/oct however this could tie in with yours and many other theories of an announcement now and release later in the year.

Wednesday could also be release of iOS 4.3. Summer being iPhone 5 and iOS 5.

Rumours rumours rumours and I have had to much to drink for this

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 22:44   #6
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

No real source but from whats been appearing on Engadget and the many rumors floating around it seems unlikely that Apple will bring a 3rd iPad out when they like their 1 Year turn around so much.

The original iPad was announced on January 27th 2010 and took 2 months for the WiFi version to be released in the US. It took 3 months to reach the EU. If Apple stuck to this we may not see the next iPad until early June in the UK but then this may just be a late announcement due to Steve Jobs illness and Apple may follow the same dates as last year meaning we would see the iPad in late May.

Engadget have also rumored that the next iPad will not have a higher resolution display due to a last minute decision to use the current display. But apparently the intentions were for a higher res screen with the current processor (A5).

Although I would like to see a quad-core processor in an iPad I really doubt that Apple would be considering using AMD CPU's when they have just designed their new A5 chip which is rumored to be in the new iPad and iPhone especially when Apple have been working so closely with Intel recently.

I think the cameras are an almost certainty, however the spec of these cameras has been rumored to be quite low which could leave room for improvement in the future.

Overall the amount of rumors about the iPad is crazy and a few days after one rumor starts, something else is found that turns the last rumor on is head. I still want one and if they do bring another one out shortly after I may have to upgrade to that one lol.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote