Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Closed Thread

Old 17th July 2008, 17:29   #21
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Good stuff James, with WBo2 self mapping/mapping will be made easier and more detailed thus allowing for more accurate BHP/torque to be achieved.

Roll on seeing a sample in action so we can all see what can be achieved

I hope people continue to keep an open mind and give another standalone solution a chance as its in everyones intrested to see a limited market expand.

ManC
Old 17th July 2008, 17:30   #22
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMTech View Post
manc,

Just to clarify, ours has the option of INBUILT wideband control, and we are registered OE distributors with Bosch so we can obtain WBO2 5-Wire sensors and retails at under £50ea.

Thanks,
James
Yeah - if you orde one don't expect it to arrive any time soon.

Anyone remember NickolasHewitt? Now he must be called JamesMTECH.

Andy
Old 17th July 2008, 17:32   #23
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Interesting read . . . . . .
Old 17th July 2008, 17:33   #24
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthor1 View Post
Yeah - if you orde one don't expect it to arrive any time soon.

Anyone remember NickolasHewitt? Now he must be called JamesMTECH.

Andy
loooool

I agree with you manc - is good to see what's aout there, and trying to get the best kit/result for your money spent.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:35   #25
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

james you say they owe you money, who is the other company you speak of, you M-tech, who owes you £4k ?

your first post was very confusing
Old 17th July 2008, 17:44   #26
JamesMTech
L-plater

JamesMTech is on a distinguished road

So to clarify Andy, the first unit we delivered did not work (I believe it did...)? The ongoing development units (prototypes) did not work? Were they signed off finished items, or were they prototypes, and by not working do you mean the tachometer output? And also, are you likely to return these protoype ECUs?

To be honest I don't believe this is fair to be hijacking anothers post, and also, we have no reason or need to defend ourselves. Our superior products, and indeed our experience speak for themselves.

P.S VB921s are known to overheat (never a recorded fire though) if the user decides to short them out, we have been using the newer IGBTs and have added current limiting for around 5 months now. Oh was it yourself that defended us when Phile could not produce evidence of the 'multiple' failures?

Thanks,
James
Old 17th July 2008, 17:47   #27
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): clio 172 exclusive track toy
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
We gave them just under £5,000 in February, a cylinder head, a signed off wiring diagram and a Saxo ECU as a prototype. Now we have nothing, how can we owe them anything???

M-Tech allegedly make ECU's which catch fire! LOL! See this thread by Phil Ringwood. He gets a lot of their work to repair apparently.

http://www.megasquirtmaps.com/board/...?showtopic=272

RCD now know why. Their products do not work I'm afraid.

They are also making ECU's which B&G's attourneys believe contravene American Patent laws. It doesn't appear that B&G hold a UK patent using the Motorola processor used in our ECU's, and since *ALL* the circuits are completely redesigned we are not contravening either, and we are only UK suppliers and not planning to sell in the states. Their patent covers the older MS-I, so we are not infringing at all.

Furthermore, their patent covers their ECU which is described as "...simpler to install because of its generic design and flexible software, allowing it to be used with all models and makes of engines from motorcycles to trucks..."

I'm afraid ours fails on the first line - it only fits Saxo VTS's, it's not in any way generic and would not work on any other vehicle due to it's specific nature.

See here:

http://www.megasquirtmaps.com/board/...?showtopic=257

We also do not sell the mapping software - it is free to download, so no problem there.

Guys - please do your own research.

Andy
what sort of companys argue about money on a public forum very very sad
Old 17th July 2008, 17:54   #28
JamesMTech
L-plater

Sorry,

RCD comitted to ordering 10x Direct-To-Head Saxo VTS throttle body systems, (which we will soon be offering for around £700, no maniofld needed, no bulk head cutting required, and uses the standard saxo feul rail etc) and 5x PnP ECUs. We covered all develepment costs.

We took half payment on order, with the promise of half payment on delivery.

All goods are ready for delivery, but they do not wish to pay, perhaps because they sourced the ECUs cheaper elasewhere, but that does not change the terms of the contract.

Matt did call Ross today and offer the stock that is waiting, but he outright refused, I feel a resolution is better than conflict, and we would of left the Saxo market alone, but his attitude has led to us buying a Saxo VTS to continue development on, as well as pushing forward with a direct marketing strategy. We already have ties with GMC and JP Tuning, and will be using their marketing power to distribute our systems.

I feel at this point also I should mention their claim of 5 months to deliver, we did wait 3 months for the ECU cases.

Its a shame really, but 'wild ego's will hinder progression'...

James

PS. We will be out of the office for tomorrow and much of the weekend, so will respond to any queries on Monday.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:57   #29
don55
Established Member

don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

right i jsut worked out that luthor is RCD
Old 17th July 2008, 17:57   #30
JamesMTech
L-plater

Andy,

Its a shame that companies breach contract and steal development, but unfortunately, it appears they do.

Sorry for the bickering etc, we will let our products and distributors do the backing

Thanks,
James
Old 17th July 2008, 18:03   #31
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): clio 172 exclusive track toy
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

well it makes interesting reading as iv been watching the ups an downs ov this for the last 6 months an it dosnt fill me with confidence but thats life
Old 17th July 2008, 18:11   #32
RCD-Performance
Established Member

RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!RCD-Performance is a great team player!

Enough,

Firstly, WE SIGNED NO CONTRACT WHAT SO EVER.

Therefore, i am breaching no contract.

Products that are MONTHS late, and still do not work, in my mind, do not deserve to be paid for.

Secondly, i have stole nothing. You on the other hand, have £5000 of my money

And all this about the products are ready for delivery, good for you. Sell them, then give me my money back.

I do not want, unreliable products and unreliable suppliers upsetting my customers. End of story.

I am up to my eye balls with your lies, anyone who has spoke to me or met me will know i'm a very mellow guy, but this has annoyed me beyond belief.

Since feburary I have been trying to get these systems working, as anyone who has followed the progress in our section.

And yet you, the new employee of m-tech have the balls to come on here and accuse Andy & I.

Yes, we still have prototype ECU's from M-tech, but when asked in court "what did they supply to you" I would love to be able to show them.

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to call me, however you will get nothing except a simple "heres my solicitors contact details".

End of conversation, i will not post any further on the matter. And neither will Andy, as i am sure he is as annoyed as I am.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:17   #33
JamesMTech
L-plater

A purchase order is a contract, you dont need to 'sign' anything to enter into a contract, we enter in to contracts all day everyday, when we buy a loaf of bread from tescos that is a contract. I am suprised your solicitor has not told you this already... ho hum. I agree, end of matter.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:38   #34
don55
Established Member

ding ding, seconds out

Old 17th July 2008, 19:04   #35
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

Difference is - in Tesco's you get your bread don't you "Matt".

End of.

Andy
Old 17th July 2008, 19:08   #36
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
We gave them just under £5,000 in February, a cylinder head, a signed off wiring diagram and a Saxo ECU as a prototype. Now we have nothing, how can we owe them anything???

M-Tech allegedly make ECU's which catch fire! LOL! See this thread by Phil Ringwood. He gets a lot of their work to repair apparently.

http://www.megasquirtmaps.com/board/...?showtopic=272

RCD now know why. Their products do not work I'm afraid.

They are also making ECU's which B&G's attourneys believe contravene American Patent laws. It doesn't appear that B&G hold a UK patent using the Motorola processor used in our ECU's, and since *ALL* the circuits are completely redesigned we are not contravening either, and we are only UK suppliers and not planning to sell in the states. Their patent covers the older MS-I, so we are not infringing at all.

Furthermore, their patent covers their ECU which is described as "...simpler to install because of its generic design and flexible software, allowing it to be used with all models and makes of engines from motorcycles to trucks..."

I'm afraid ours fails on the first line - it only fits Saxo VTS's, it's not in any way generic and would not work on any other vehicle due to it's specific nature.

See here:

http://www.megasquirtmaps.com/board/...?showtopic=257

We also do not sell the mapping software - it is free to download, so no problem there.

Guys - please do your own research.

Andy
As Andy has said, people need to do there own research and reach there own conclusions and take up the opportunity call referance's that mtech have offered, me personally I will be calling 'Scottish Subarus' to see what they think of mtech and there products/services and of course report back.

I'd like to also clear up that I have no issues with RCD and I have personally spoken to Ross when I was intrested in a VTS conversion but the distance was too much of a barrier and travel expenses made this conversion unreasonable.

I think mtech have been particulaly transprant about there customer services and the fact that they sponsor and are indeed administrator the megasquirt forums which Andy has linked to enforces this, they had the right and indeed the ability to remove the posts that have been left by the unhappy customer but they decided not to... surely this says somthing?

My aim is to see the Saxo scene expand and see more and more enthusiasts continue to modify there cars and indeed the performance, I also want to see enthusiasts have the ability to pick and choose from a greater number of products which I feel is limited currently and for what ever reason always seem to carry a hefty price tag.

I hope both RCD and mtech continue with there efforts to bring to the Saxo scene there range of products and there relation does not digress further because we the scene members would be the people who would lose out.

ManC
Old 17th July 2008, 19:16   #37
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

ManC (and the forum)

yeah, I agree with that mate, sorry to bring this al to the forum, but it's quite emotional for us. We will keep the business dealings off-line from now on from RCD's end.

Good luck all

Andy
Old 19th July 2008, 15:17   #38
JamesMTech
L-plater

ManC,

Yes we decided to leave the report byb ExtraEFI alone as towards the nd you see how the other happy customers stuck up for us. He is a competitor, and obviously one with very little work if he had to sepdn time slandering us over one ecu which turned out to be a customer mosified one which burned out!

We will be looking to use our buying power to procure exhausts and induction systems (indeed we already have direct to head TB systems for the VTS) so we can give perfoamce bolt on packages for the VTS. We actually drove to leics yesterday to buy a VTS for fiurther development work (impressed about the oil level gauge, think the VTS is the only car I have ever seen with one!) We got our hands on a nice low milegae green one, and will be basemapping this weekend, then going for a few phases:

1. Standard Tune, ECU only
2. As above + raceline Induction and Magnex Exhaust System (racepipe)
3. As above + decat (with switchable maps on ECU to facilitate MOT pass's)
4. As above + Our DTH 42mm Throttle Bodies
5. As above + Supercharger and Plenum Kit

The fun starts here!

PS Nippy little things arnt they!
Old 19th July 2008, 15:32   #39
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Cupra 204bhp
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
evans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud of

Great read, i don't have any views on the matter, just interested if any of the systems stated on both pages will be made for a 1.4i 8v
Old 19th July 2008, 15:33   #40
JamesMTech
L-plater

In fact, research time, Magnex dont really seem to be that 'great' and raceline, well. Guess its going to depend on end user budget. Anyone any reccomendations for good systems? Would need to be a reputable supplier as we will be buying 10/20 in one go to pass the savings on to you guys...
Closed Thread