Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 2nd June 2010, 21:57   #1
dannyboy2005
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Punt -y0
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
dannyboy2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Water Cooling - Fans + Thermal Paste Question

I have recently bought a Asetek 120mm Water Cooling Kit, exatly the same as a Corsair H50.

It never came with fitting instructions. And got a few questions

#1. It looks like it already has thermal paste on the heat skink, but i bought some Diamond thermal paste thinking it didn't. Am i right in thinking this IS thermal paste? And if so, i cant apply my diamond paste (Which would be better?) unless i whipe off the existing stuff?

#2. How do i go about fitting the fan? should it be something like. Radiator, Fan, and fan against case? so its SUCKING the hot air hot, or blowing the cool air in? (This is the bit i'm a bit confused on)

Thanks
dannyboy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 22:43   #2
kennysevenfold
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Vectra
kennysevenfold is on a distinguished road

First off, its usually cheap crap thats already on the cooler mate, clean it off with come nail varnish remover, apply the new thermal paste (about the size of a grain of rice, any more will only insulate the cpu and make it hotter)

and i dont get what you mean about number 2
kennysevenfold is offline   Reply With Quote