Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Old 5th January 2011, 19:05   #121
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): A few
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
SAM-S44MDS- is on a distinguished road

When I said further up he paid by gift, I wasnt saying that makes it ok, was just simply pointing that out to make another member aware that pagey cant claim though paypal. And im pretty sure none of the other members who mentioned it think that makes it ok either. The reason people 'bang on' about paypal gift is because its there to send money as a gift. IE give money & recieve nothing back. The goods option is there for buying goods (items) and you pay the fees but are covered. Gift is supposed to be for families/friends etc. Its purely to make people aware that gift is a bad idea.

As for taking the thread out of the public eye, if the mods move this thread, the thread is pointless as its main reasons for it being here are to resolve the issue between buyer and seller and also to bring to the attention of other members that there is an issue with a certain seller, and to be careful when dealing with.

The rest though I agree with you on, pagey has paid for items he hasnt recieved. The length of time this has been going on he should have had either the items, or a refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L20VTS View Post
I only got stuck because I couldn't get out
SAM-S44MDS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 19:20   #122
huggy54
Established Member

iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
huggy54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post
3) What are mods supposed to do...i mean seriously,

If we ban him thats the end of everything......no chance of getting money back.

There really is nothing we can really do to help the situation.
1) I can partially understand that point. but If this was any other member on of saxp (one who didnt have good rep with the MODS) they would of been banned by now from posting in the for sale section. ive seen other members banned in similar situations when its been a much shorter time for items not recieved who were unable to proove postage. let alone a seller UN-WILLING to proove postage.

I dont think a MOD could dispute that fact!

2) Why hasnt the seller been banned from the for sale section until this resolved?

If hes banned from the for sale section his account is still active he can still contact the seller to resolve, if he wants to.
huggy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 19:22   #123
stormin
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mitsi Evo 2008
stormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy54 View Post
1) I can partially understand that point. but If this was any other member on of saxp (one who didnt have good rep with the MODS) they would of been banned by now from posting in the for sale section. ive seen other members banned in similar situations when its been a much shorter time for items not recieved who were unable to proove postage. let alone a seller UN-WILLING to proove postage.

2) Why hasnt the seller been banned from the for sale section until this resolved?

If hes banned from the for sale section his account is still active he can still contact the seller to resolve, if he wants to.
Straight to the point my man that is exactly my point but made clearer by yourself lol.
Old 5th January 2011, 19:51   #124
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Quote:

All members of the forum are treated the same, i cant speak on behalf of any other member of staff but i do not make exceptions to the rules.

1) All members of the forum are treated the same, i cant speak on behalf of any other member of staff but i do not make exceptions to the rules.

2) I have discussed this with admin and banning from certain sections is not as simple as it sounds but it is something we are looking at.

However any threads he creates in the for sale area are removed, as they are with all suspected scammers. Once the problems are resolved the threads are then un-deleted. (please see attached images)

I know members will always say mods dont do anything to help these situatons but tbh our hands are tied......we take these situations very seriously and do what we can to resolve the issues. At the end of the day though as said in the rules...

Saxperience does not take any responsibility for any items advertised for sale, or wanted and subsequently purchased or sold via the For Sale or Wanted forums. Any agreement / deal, which you enter into with a third party, you do so entirely at your own risk
Attached Thumbnails
1a.jpg   1b.jpg   1c.jpg  

Last edited by J222JRA; 5th January 2011 at 20:00.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 19:57   #125
huggy54
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormin View Post
Straight to the point my man that is exactly my point but made clearer by yourself lol.
Lets see if we get any replys (patiently awaits a MODs swift response)
Old 5th January 2011, 20:07   #126
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): A few
SAM-S44MDS- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lets see if we get any replys (patiently awaits a MODs swift response)
A mods swift response arrived 6minutes before your post did, and tbf looking at it, James & the rest of the mods are doing all they can. As I posted further back in the thread, and James has twice also, saxp takes no part in trading its at your own risk.

Hope this does get resolved fairly soon though, Tom come on mate you have a good rep, dont tarnish it for 1 silly sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by L20VTS View Post
I only got stuck because I couldn't get out
SAM-S44MDS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 20:25   #127
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

The moderating team and Saxperience are not the ones at fault here, lets not forget that. It is plainly stated in the rules that we are not responsible for trading.

However due to the continued inability for people to protect themselves I will have to further involve myself by removing peoples access to the for sale section. If this in turn then drives the person the dispute is with to log out of the forum and never log back in again then thats not a problem i have created i am merely acting on the communities requests.

Furthermore if this then disrupts a sale you are participating in as either the buyer or the seller then again its tough cheddar.

Back on topic with this thread. I have contacted certain parties. Depending on the response to this then appropriate action will be taken.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 20:29   #128
huggy54
Established Member

that was a quick reply. i didnt even notice the reply before i posted my next message
Old 6th January 2011, 00:18   #129
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

I think the 'staff' point of view has been made clear - the rules are the rules. 3rd party trading is conducted at your own risk. Guidelines are put in place to help you to protect yourselves. I've said many times before, I'd gladly remove the wanted & for sale sections from the forum - but YOU guys want them to stay.

Whilst the 'staff' are instructed not to get involved in these matters, I think it's very poor when buyers/seller's attitudes are just morally wrong. Tom has shown a complete lack of respect in many of his replies on this matter... whether the item was sent or not there's a right and a wrong way of speaking to people.

So, whilst not taking sides, I think it's to the benefit of the community members that any member who the staff feel 'may' not be acting in the interests of community, do not have the privilege of accessing the wanted of for sale forums until an open dispute is resolved.

In honesty, having to manage this process detracts from the whole for sale / wanted setup and this may mean that once staff decide to step in, access to these forums is never restored.

I'll make some edits now.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Simo For This Useful Post: