Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2010, 08:57   #61
jono83
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 Silver VTR
jono83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxspeed View Post
some people on here need to get a grip if he wants to cam a 1.1 just leave him to it, prety shure a 65bhp sax with a good cam(20bhp), de-cat n ram air(10-15bhp), mibi a bit of headwork(5bhp or whatever) n it would rape a vtr, weight to power ratio, and in outright power pluswith the 1.1 box in it it would have pleanty of pick up

only downside is it would be down on bottom end torque on a vtr.....maybe lol

just got to try it and see mate :d let me know how it goes
warning epic amounts of fail detected in the vicinity of the above post............
Old 15th April 2010, 17:14   #62
SaxSpeed
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): 1600 16v VTS 1600 8v VTR 1400 16v Clio Sport
SaxSpeed is on a distinguished road

Confused myself there i meant to put the cam would gain about 20bhp along with a de-cat n ram air, must nt of been payin atention in a world of my own lol

but to be honest if you did all tht to a 1.1 and mibi skimed the head n done the ports, little bit of lightening it would be quite an acheivement to be not far off a vtr if not quicker acceleration just down on torque. plus if you can get the ecu limiter removed or backed off a higher singing engine will preduce more revs obvuisly increasing bhp

and do know what im talking about i tune engines that i have ran in the 125gp brittish superbikes and broke lap records on them and at the end of the day an engines an engine.

i think u should do it just for the pleasure of folk sayin " you got a vtr in that" n you can turn round n go " na u jus got beat by a 1.1" lol
Old 15th April 2010, 17:19   #63
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Please stop digging a larger hole.

Revving an engine higher does not necessarily produce more BHP output. It depends on how much torque can be achieved at that given point. Maximum BHP will always drop before the limiter is set in a standard road car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Old 15th April 2010, 17:26   #64
jono83
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 Silver VTR
jono83 is on a distinguished road

Time to put the spade down.....
Old 15th April 2010, 17:40   #65
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxSpeed View Post
Confused myself there i meant to put the cam would gain about 20bhp along with a de-cat n ram air, must nt of been payin atention in a world of my own lol

but to be honest if you did all tht to a 1.1 and mibi skimed the head n done the ports, little bit of lightening it would be quite an acheivement to be not far off a vtr if not quicker acceleration just down on torque. plus if you can get the ecu limiter removed or backed off a higher singing engine will preduce more revs obvuisly increasing bhp

and do know what im talking about i tune engines that i have ran in the 125gp brittish superbikes and broke lap records on them and at the end of the day an engines an engine.

i think u should do it just for the pleasure of folk sayin " you got a vtr in that" n you can turn round n go " na u jus got beat by a 1.1" lol
I have actually just laughed out loud.

As toad said - Maximum BHP will always drop before the limiter is set in a standard road car.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:53   #66
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

LMAO that made me laugh. Are you taking the piss?

Last edited by Mochachino; 15th April 2010 at 18:02.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:55   #67
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Just me, or does anyone else feel sorry for the people this n00b tunes engines for?

ur 1.1 is now sikkk blud
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 15th April 2010, 18:01   #68
Bickerton
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 gti
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Bickerton is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Old 15th April 2010, 18:44   #69
joehow12
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Peugeot 205 gti 1.9 (LAD engine).
joehow12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

mate an increase in Revs does not mean an increase in power.... Cars have peak power that will usually drop off a little before the red line....its called a power band.

An exhaust and "ram air" as you put it will probs get what maybe 2-4 Bhp maybe 5bhp if your lucky from a 1.1. You then still expect a Cam to produce 15BHP.... this really is garbage.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:00   #70
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Looking at the bigger picture here chaps...

A 50% increase of fuck all, is still fuck all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Old 15th April 2010, 19:00   #71
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
some people on here need to get a grip if he wants to cam a 1.1 just leave him to it, prety shure a 65bhp sax with a good cam(20bhp), de-cat n ram air(10-15bhp), mibi a bit of headwork(5bhp or whatever) n it would rape a vtr, weight to power ratio, and in outright power pluswith the 1.1 box in it it would have pleanty of pick up

only downside is it would be down on bottom end torque on a vtr.....maybe lol

just got to try it and see mate let me know how it goes
rofl....

Out right power made me laugh the most.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:01   #72
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

this thread is full of fail.

tuning a 1.1 why piss into the wind, it just comes back and gets your leg damp. As for sax speed, tuning tips from a cereal box? Higher RPM wont mean more power if the 'cam' isnt right for the application, the standard cam isnt. Hence why you see on rolling roads the 'peak' is often slightly before the limiter

Last edited by Ryan; 15th April 2010 at 19:03.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:04   #73
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
Just me, or does anyone else feel sorry for the people this n00b tunes engines for?

ur 1.1 is now sikkk blud
sikkk or shit?
Not sure if you put a typo or not.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:04   #74
joehow12
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Peugeot 205 gti 1.9 (LAD engine).
joehow12 is on a distinguished road

thats what i said ryan
Old 15th April 2010, 19:05   #75
Mardgee
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): VTR
Mardgee has a spectacular aura aboutMardgee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
plus if you can get the ecu limiter removed or backed off a higher singing engine will preduce more revs obvuisly increasing bhpl
If you unlock the ecu i believe you get rid of the limiter? If you do that your car should be pretty rapid mate along with the cams and airfilter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mardgee For This Useful Post:
Old 15th April 2010, 19:07   #76
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
sikkk or shit?
Not sure if you put a typo or not.
was "sikk" as in a piss take

subliminally, i meant shit with a capital S

and lol toad - it'll be worth it when he 'beats that vtr' down the local highstreet on road wars
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 15th April 2010, 19:08   #77
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardgee View Post
If you unlock the ecu i believe you get rid of the limiter? If you do that your car should be pretty rapid mate along with the cams and airfilter.
unlocking an ecu doesn't get rid of the limiter.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:09   #78
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
was "sikk" as in a piss take

subliminally, i meant shit with a capital S

and lol toad - it'll be worth it when he 'beats that vtr' down the local highstreet on road wars
i knew what you meant

Sikkk shit < my new saying for a few days.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:10   #79
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

airbox - 10bhp
camshaft - 20bhp
headwork well thats another 15
remap another 400
exhaust 20bhp...

Yep thats a 500bhp 1.1
Old 15th April 2010, 19:11   #80
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Integra DC5R & VTS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold

Is saxspeed the same guy who posted a thread on how (not) to lower a rear beam?
Closed Thread