Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 30th December 2008, 17:27   #81
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

i dunno man
seen 106s running 371 at the wheels
anything is possible tbh

and power isnt all the answer
for example could have an 800bhp hemi cuda
useless at oulten park though aint it
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 17:32   #82
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

mini's are great and even some of the bigger ££ z cars ones are quick but they are too short wheelbase and track. it wouldnt be nice driving a 500bhp mini round a track (oh hang on, yes it would) but it wouldnt be as quick as you imagine.

theres a lot more to tuning and track cars than what the driven wheels are and how much power it has.

i was at omex recently picking a race car up and there were 2-3 exiges with k20a enignes with rotrex chargers. they looked cool as feck.
Old 30th December 2008, 17:37   #83
saxotourdecorse
Regular Poster

Car(s): Not a drop of halfords anywhere....
saxotourdecorse is infamous around these partssaxotourdecorse is infamous around these parts

a 106 with 371 wud b useless to as it wud do half a lap and blow up or it wud be binned into a tyre wall. anyway still not good enough. the mini will have bout 500 bhp. we jus got trickshifter kit to go on ( clutches up and downshifts ) so will be rather quick, dnt think much will keep up
saxotourdecorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 17:43   #84
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

doubt deans wil blow up lol

figures ect aret the answers anyway lol
sounds like some interesting projects anyway
oh really.....
Old 30th December 2008, 17:56   #85
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxotourdecorse View Post
any 205 would not compare with honda exige at all they are like one of the fastest track cars ya can buy. if ya want a challenge me, my dad and my uncle are building a hyabusa engined mini with about 500bhp. but we are runnin out of finances though
The exige is fast but its not a race car. The 205 we are building will weigh in at around 700kgs wet, with 200bhp from a 1.7engine and suspension setup for the track - and a sequential gearbox

At the end of the day a fast car isn't all about power which is why the Maxi spec rallye cars used to be faster than the WRC cars on twisty tarmac. before they ended the F2 class.

Saxo's are good handling cars and have a lot of scope for improvement. Understeer characteristics can be reduced with the correct chassis and suspension set up. On the circuit being light is a serious advantage to the laptime.

a 306 maxi just to show that FWD can handle when built correctly.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0HJA8trBs_8

ps on topic.. the OMP inox group N exhaust sound really good

Last edited by KamRacing; 30th December 2008 at 18:06.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 18:03   #86
saxotourdecorse
Regular Poster

saxotourdecorse is infamous around these partssaxotourdecorse is infamous around these parts

k20 supercharged exige is 720kgs with over 300bhp with one of the best chassis ever made and 6 speed box. nuff sed
Old 30th December 2008, 18:05   #87
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

Quote:
k20 supercharged exige is 720kgs with over 300bhp with one of the best chassis ever made and 6 speed box. nuff sed
is it s1 or s2 exige?

please excuse me if im wrong but you have a lot to learn about race cars and good track cars.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:11   #88
saxotourdecorse
Regular Poster

s1 - im statin that itll b faster than 205. im bored of the convo now. cant believe people are questioning it over a 205 lol dream land im afraid but it is sax-p so ..... on with the comments.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:15   #89
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
s1 - im statin that itll b faster than 205. im bored of the convo now. cant believe people are questioning it over a 205 lol dream land im afraid but it is sax-p so ..... on with the comments.
yep the s1's are nice and light.

its not our dreamland matey, its narrow mindedness imo.
its also not due to saxp, even if we were on a lotus forum id still be saying the same things.
in this trackday and race car world i know a "little" as ive built around 5 race cars and over 20 trackday cars. so i have a good opinion on this subject i feel??
Old 30th December 2008, 18:15   #90
daz_rt_04
Regular Poster

Car(s): Stealthy Saxo VTS
daz_rt_04 is a name known to alldaz_rt_04 is a name known to alldaz_rt_04 is a name known to alldaz_rt_04 is a name known to alldaz_rt_04 is a name known to alldaz_rt_04 is a name known to all

didnt didnt read the whole thread, but heres a old vid of my vts with just the supersprint full race exhaust. standard everything else.

http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/r...0082008015.flv
daz_rt_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 18:20   #91
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
The problem with making such bold statements is that you'll find it difficult to back them up.. have you got any lap times on a uk circuit so that we can compare? I've got plenty for race 205s

I love the exige and will have one (one day) but I'm not ready to accept that a FWD car can't be comparable on the circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_rt_04 View Post
didnt didnt read the whole thread, but heres a old vid of my vts with just the supersprint full race exhaust. standard everything else.

Love the sound With wilder cams they sound much closer to the rally car sound people strive for

Last edited by KamRacing; 30th December 2008 at 18:39.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:39   #92
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_rt_04 View Post

That sounds mint, how does it pop during gear change ?? mine wont is its because mines a 1.1i ??
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 18:43   #93
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

who remembers tams 240bhp charged ax passing skylines and keeping thattime attack evo behind him at knock hill?
Old 30th December 2008, 18:43   #94
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

its because our on standard centre section john
oh really.....
Old 30th December 2008, 18:44   #95
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia_Bush View Post
who remembers tams 240bhp charged ax passing skylines and keeping thattime attack evo behind him at knock hill?
theres a vid of the evo trying to keep up on youtube
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IT4G-YNGLo0
oh really.....
Old 30th December 2008, 18:45   #96
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-VTS View Post
its because our on standard centre section john
sorry what ??
Old 30th December 2008, 18:45   #97
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_1.1i View Post
sorry what ??
you still have the standard centre section dont ya
oh really.....
Old 30th December 2008, 18:47   #98
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-VTS View Post
you still have the standard centre section dont ya
I do yeah, im guessing it has to be decatted or with a mid silencer ?? i just love the sound and want something similar
Old 30th December 2008, 18:49   #99
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_1.1i View Post
That sounds mint, how does it pop during gear change ?? mine wont is its because mines a 1.1i ??
its down to how the fueling is set by the ECU. The pops are unburnt fuel entering the exhaust. the 1.1 is probably a little frugal with the go-go juice
Old 30th December 2008, 18:50   #100
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

my 1.1 popped whtn n a supersprint race non boxed centre

quite well too
oh really.....