Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 1st November 2009, 17:24   #1
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road
Default wossner tu forged pistons group buy high/low comps £444 delivered!!!!

ive jus sent and email direct to wossner in regards to setting up a group buy for forged pistons and rods from them for us, have asked them to include info and prices for the vtr/s and the 1.4 engines with a pitch of 10-15% of for 5 or more and a further discount for 10 or more, its now a waiting game to see if we receive any joy from the supplier and what if anything they can do for us, i know alot of people are going or thinking of going boosted atm so deceide to do this in the hope there will be some good interest which will hopefully get us a bit of reduction in the hefty price of boosting, anyone who may be interested let me know by posting in here, dont worry this wont go ahead till after christmas as i couldnt and know most couldnt afford it atm but the more interest we get the better price, only post if genuinley interest as i know a few will be and it wont be fair to them if they rely on you participation and your just dreaming, that is all!!

Last edited by blackie_2k5; 12th November 2009 at 18:30.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 17:32   #2
3cott
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Black mk2 vts
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice

Im intrested
3cott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 17:39   #3
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Be interesting to see what price they come back. Just bear in mind GMC already have fairly competetive prices at the minute as well.
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffitt View Post
AndyK's project needs finishing, been ongoing for ages now
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 17:42   #4
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

i think gmc's prices are a tad high tbh(arent citunings cheaper then them which is odd?) but its provinng difficult to find anywhere selling forged stuff for my vtr(that isnt ridiculousley priced), used to be loads around a year ago but no where seems to stock 8v stuff now,
Old 1st November 2009, 17:47   #5
banke
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): vectra c 2.2sri
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
banke is on a distinguished road

id be intrested
banke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 17:53   #6
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

I could be interested in some hi comps if cheap enough to tempt me.
Old 1st November 2009, 17:54   #7
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

Id be intrested and you no im genuine

Would this include discount if you only wanted say either or, liek i may just be going for the pistons and no upgraded rods....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 18:00   #8
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

i asked for prices on rods and pistons as a package....could maybe wait for the reply and ask for seperates but imo if you buy one you need the other, you'd kick yourself if you spent 500 on pistons and a rod went and thats your 500 gone and your engines still fooked??, what boost you planning on running like mate?
Old 1st November 2009, 18:02   #9
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

just actuator pressure, which i think is 9psi on my turbo..

Oly thingis i wont be able to afford rods and pistons in one go, no way at all, but if the group buy could split them i could get pistons and maybe get rods at a later date.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 1st November 2009, 18:11   #10
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

if 9s all your running may be worth just staying stock, i wanna maybe up mine to a bar... so i think stock is a serious no go
Old 1st November 2009, 18:13   #11
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

GMC were amonst the cheapest I found when looking last week, plus they have them in stock ready to dispatch. Hopefully you'll get them at a good price direct though
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffitt View Post
AndyK's project needs finishing, been ongoing for ages now
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 18:15   #12
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
if 9s all your running may be worth just staying stock, i wanna maybe up mine to a bar... so i think stock is a serious no go
well imjust doing it for peice of mind tbh, and it will prolong the engines life, as stock wont last forever on any kind of boost tbh,

This is why im only looking into the pistons really.

Even so, 9psi, forged, turbo cam etc should see me around the 180 mark
Quote:
Quote:
Old 1st November 2009, 18:27   #13
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

agreed mate, im in two minds, either forged at 1maybe 1.1 bar or stock at 8-9psi, cant really justify myself jus pistons and stay at 9, was thinking if i just stay stock to buy a spare lump and turbo, say maybe 150 max and them run 10psi. would be cheaper then just pistons
Old 1st November 2009, 18:28   #14
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post
GMC were amonst the cheapest I found when looking last week, plus they have them in stock ready to dispatch. Hopefully you'll get them at a good price direct though
hoping so mate, cutting out the middle man should save us a bit with any luck, not fussed about a wait if it saves me £100
Old 1st November 2009, 18:43   #15
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Was about to order pistons (only) only next month, so I'm a definate and will delay this purchase based on the result of this group-buy just out curiosity to see what saving are available.

I like Saxo_89 dont intend to run high boost and from what I've read and indeed been told by GMC rods are not required providing you dont go silly psi, if you look at Colins boosted GTi over on 106owners you'll note he is running standard rods & bolts, I've actually spoke to atspeed and heard it from the horses mouth that standard rods & bolts will be fine at low psi's, I'm not saying there 'NOT REQUIRED' all i'm saying there only required for high running psi's...

Hope the above doesnt de-rail this group-buy as I'am VERY intrested, providing there is a substantial saving I could be swayed towards having forged rods also.

ManC

PS:Any definate timescale's as I have planned a completion date for mine and currently have most of the boost parts...
PPS: Cituning do Wossner pistons & rods for £895 inc VAT just for referance

Last edited by manc; 1st November 2009 at 19:31.
manc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 19:11   #16
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

not sure on timescale as of yet mate, will update as sson as i find the info, if this is the case with the rods being good for low boost i may just go that way myself as im looking to curb my spending lol but if we get a good price i may go all out tooo, would love to hit 1bar and touch 200bhp but cost is the issue, and raunchz ill find out if high comps can be included on reply to open this up for the n/a lads
Old 1st November 2009, 19:19   #17
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
not sure on timescale as of yet mate, will update as sson as i find the info, if this is the case with the rods being good for low boost i may just go that way myself as im looking to curb my spending lol but if we get a good price i may go all out tooo, would love to hit 1bar and touch 200bhp but cost is the issue, and raunchz ill find out if high comps can be included on reply to open this up for the n/a lads
Yeh no probs, I wasn't planning on getting hi comps for mine, but if they can offer a great price on some I'll be in - if it's only like £50 off i'll hang on if that's ok
Old 1st November 2009, 19:20   #18
Drago
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vts track car
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Drago has a spectacular aura aboutDrago has a spectacular aura about

Also interested in a set of High comps if the price is right.
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 19:26   #19
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

will see what i can sort us
Old 1st November 2009, 19:29   #20
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Please dont take my word on whether or not you need f/rods & pistons, please do some research and make you on decision, I would hate to be responsible in anyway for damage incured as a result of advise given.

I look forward to seeing what discount your able to get and I'll make my final decision based on this.

Thanks.

ManC
manc is offline   Reply With Quote