Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Old 6th June 2010, 18:42   #41
Powellyboi
Established Member

Car(s): www.thatpanelbeater.co.uk
Powellyboi is on a distinguished road

I will take it from here then. Thanks for your time.
Powellyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 13:16   #42
jcs_182

Car(s): RenaultSport Clio 182
jcs_182 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to dig up an old thread as a new member but i've been reffered to this site after posting a thread on my local forum requesting contact information about the member.

To cut a long story short I paid a £50 deposit for some alloy wheels with the arrangement to collect them at the end of the month since I was going on holiday the following day, this was agreed and upon returning from my holiday I contacted the seller to collect the wheels and pay remaining balance and they never replied, contacted a few more times until I finally got a reply stating that the wheels had been stolen and I would recieve a full refund. I waited and waited and still didnt recieve a refund on my deposit. The seller became very hard to contact until I contacted via calling from another phone, I asked when I'd expect my refund and got told that the sellers partner had been locked up and he was the only person who knew the paypal password so I suggested collecting the money in person and she said it wouldn't be possible since she doesn't have the money due to having a small child and another on the way!

I gave the seller 1 month to provide me with a refund and now the month has passed and still not a single reply from the seller I've decided to take matters further by researching the seller on different forums.

The seller has logged onto this forum however, hasn't logged onto my local forum in months so this makes it alot more suspicious. I managed to get the sellers home address and landline phone number so i'll visiting in a civil manner unless a refund is issued.
jcs_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 00:04   #43
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

LOL at popping round to his.

Ive chat to him quite a few times, bought stuff from him too, never had a problem. Really sound guy

If its not sent recorded delivery where it needs a sig to get it, you cant really get proof, other than the reciept with it with a postcode wrote on, which anyone could do.

Willo seems to come and go on this forum as hes always changing cars.
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 00:53   #44
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

Nothing to do with me at all this but I believe the same user got banned from TGTT for bad sales.
Old 6th August 2010, 17:28   #45
Tony_Jay86
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 Desire :(
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tony_Jay86 will become famous soon enoughTony_Jay86 will become famous soon enough

As a seller, i always send my items out via signed for, for the simple reasons, so i dont get scammed, and so the item doesnt go missing in the post.

Been stung a few times, but never had any problems at all since ive been sending my items via recorded signed for.

Also as a seller, i will produce all my evidance of postage at the first instance of any problems and not spit my dummie out without producing it.

As the seller in this case hasnt produced any eveidance of posting this item, it leads me to believe he's a scammer.

He may have been a genuine guy, but maybe he needed the money as soon as and had to scoop so low in able to get it.

It could also be that he forgot/couldnt be bothered to post it.

I always keep evidance of sending items up until the buyer has recieved the item, after that i will then destroy it.

As a buyer, ive had a hell of alot of parcels going missing in the post, but thats only with royal mail and mainly items from oversea's.
Tony_Jay86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 20:34   #46
Powellyboi
Established Member

So more people having problems with this seller - Sax-p wont ban them though. Dissapointing.

jcs_182 Please can you forward me these details. Thanks
Old 6th August 2010, 20:58   #47
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powellyboi View Post
So more people having problems with this seller - Sax-p wont ban them though. Dissapointing.

jcs_182 Please can you forward me these details. Thanks
Saxp will ban them if it is necessary. However banning someone without trying to resolve the problem first wouldnt be clever
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 21:42   #48
Tony_Jay86
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Tony_Jay86 will become famous soon enoughTony_Jay86 will become famous soon enough

Iam on a peugeot 306 forum where you have to pay £1.50 a year to be able to advertise things for sale, this way, the owner/s of the forum have your details incase you decide to do things like this, they can also refuse well known scammers from registering to be able to sell items.

Unless things have changed from when i first registered on here years ago, all you have to do is register (maybe get your post score above a certain amount) and then you can sell items?

All forums should have it where 2 strikes or something, and you are banned from advertising items for sale accross the forum, 3 and your banned from the forum full stop.

Iam sure if simo or a mod got scammed on here, they would instantly ban that user, or atleast it would be taken more seriously.
Old 6th August 2010, 23:57   #49
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 38 (100%)
swampy is on a distinguished road

there are members on here who get there items via recorded delivery but still scam the seller over!!

they know who they are but be warned the items they have on the car are unique!!
and when i find the person/ car i will get the scammed payment back!!
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 00:14   #50
Powellyboi
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
there are members on here who get there items via recorded delivery but still scam the seller over!!

they know who they are but be warned the items they have on the car are unique!!
Not useful in this thread.
Old 7th August 2010, 11:18   #51
Tony_Jay86
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post

Powellyboi may say this is not usefull in this thread, but i would however like to know how on earth they scam a seller when the item has been sent out recorded.

As a seller, i would like to know about all possible ways a buyer can scam the seller.

May be better to send me a pm rather then reply in here.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:28   #52
gazwiththevtr
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Currently Own Citroen Saxo VTR Previously Owne
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
gazwiththevtr is on a distinguished road

You should really have paid for recorded delivery ,however if willo-1 had sent the items ,it really isnt hard for him to scan a receipt on here for us to see.

Typically ,youve paid £50 for something that you dont have ,and should have been here a while ago. You are now being given the run around ,and if I were you ,I would file a complaint with paypal ,and you will get your money back ,as the seller has no proof of postage or anything for that matter.

Or go to the bank ,and tell them to do a chargeback and you'll get the money back that way.

Good Luck!
gazwiththevtr is offline   Reply With Quote